Jow Forums, are all tech jobs like this?

I was hoping the field would be a bit more based, but right now it seems like most people are full on numales.

Attached: 1543516545966m (1).jpg (1024x768, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/h6do7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Jow Forums, are all tech jobs like this
In the west? Yes. In the east? No.

>Wearing a tshirt which promotes you losing your income
But why?

Some are like this...

streamable.com/h6do7

Attached: Screenshot_20170624_110608.png (306x475, 104K)

Tech jobs at tech companies, yes.
Tech jobs at non-tech companies, no
Working in the world of airlines currently
Reservation systems are a mess but the work is interesting

What the fuck was that?

DELET

Honestly suprised there's no one hanging from a noose.

This only happens when an IT company is very big that it will concern itself with stuff like this. Smaller companies are only focused on growing.

Can they force their workers to do this?

Honestly, normie brogrammers are way worse to be around than beta numales.

In most places, absolutely.

I would rather be around spergs than numales desu. Whats wrong with brogrammers?

Looks like Rust conference to me.

At least spergs actaully know what they're doing most the time. The numales just hop on whatever is trendy.

You mean javascript

>I would rather be around spergs than numales desu.
True, but that's usually not a problem. Spergs dominate this profession by far.

>Whats wrong with brogrammers?
I don't want to work somewhere where someone might to punch me in the biceps suddenly and say "it's just a prank, bro!!" and brag about how many crunches or dips or whatever, while not understanding the difference between code running on the client or the server because they performed mediocre in college and didn't pay attention in networking class.

brogrammers have a social outlet outside of work though.
numale types seem to have this weird lack of social grace that leads to them treating work as their prime social habitat

True, in that regard numales are kind of similar to spergs.

Spergs are pretty based though. They know most numales are complete faggots and even they dont usually want anything to do with them.

>saying unironically numales
Youre worse than them

It's a convenient shorthand, we all know what it means even if the word itself is a bit silly.

True, there's a few brogrammers in my CS department who dont know jack shit. One guy for our theory of programming languages did a presentation on C and didnt know anything about C then got grilled by the professor .

They don't usually want anything to do with anybody. But spergs are annoying sometimes too, especially the fat ones without any boundaries, ref. the video of that fat fuck that ripped a chip bag out of someone's hands at the security conference or whatever (was posted everywhere on Jow Forums a year and a half ago).

>t. Numale

Attached: 1543519267995.gif (800x371, 183K)

seething numale

We have a few of those. One ripped ass in class and acted like no one even heard it.

> tech jobs

I’m a maintenance technician and my coworkers are as far from this as you can get

I wonder what is the vasectomy ratio in this picture. Probably close to 1.

Based and redpilled

Attached: 492.gif (450x258, 61K)

you both sound like spergs

I am a sperg, which is why I don't like to deal with other people and prefer solitude. That's why brogrammers with poor tech skills that force their normie social interactions on me are the worst, and will be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

>you both sound like spergs

Attached: 1542862151128.png (2560x1440, 3.32M)

Based sperg

I get your point but there's a runtime error because you fucked up your boolean statement.

When it happens will my sperg friend give me advance warning so i can work from home that day?

They're so blind to themselves they can't see how awful that was

Attached: 1517079294193.gif (500x300, 5K)

Do most workplaces do shit like that? Could i get reprimanded for refusing to participate?

here's a tip to stop being a sperg:
stop saying "sperg" and "normie"
and nobody is going to be up against the wall because you're too pussy to do anything about it, that's why you aren't a brogrammer

This feels like something that would happen in an episode of The Office.

Has anyone ever got laid at the office?

Just say you suddenly have diarrhea and make it look like you're rushing to the toilet

If you're a douchebag who only thinks about banging your female coworkers you have no fucking place in the industry.

Fucked a married chick by the fire escape after hours.

>I don't want to work somewhere where someone might to punch me in the biceps suddenly and say "it's just a prank, bro!!"
where in fuck's name does this happen other than your imagination

then again I thought that the boomer manager who thinks he's everyone's dad was a legend until my last gig

It did i think

That token black guy with a sweater covering his shirt.

Does the boomer dad meme actually happen?

his fake glasses are a nice touch

>where in fuck's name does this happen other than your imagination
It literally happened in my previous job, except it wasn't a colleague but my abusive boss who endorsed the brogrammer culture because it was his way of dealing with his midlife crisis.

I quit after 6 months.

Nigga looks like he's from hey Arnold

>PWC
Not surprised desu

What's wrong with pwc

I'm not surprised desu

I associate them with being the epitome of a stuffy enterprise PS firm. Them doing cringy shit for "team building" seems fitting.

Attached: arch.jpg (2560x1440, 1.62M)

Lmao saved

you have to go back.

Attached: reddit shown.jpg (500x667, 77K)

Woman here. I have been working as a software engineer for ten years now. I have worked on game engines, machine learning, data science, pretty much anything fun.

There’s a push because it honestly is a lot harder grtting into tech as a woman. There’s all these weird hoops like I have to be “one of the guys” to fit in and any sign of femininity is taken as a weakness. For example, most women who have worked in nonfrontend programming I’ve seen over the years avoid makeup or use minimal. They also speek like an octave deeper around teammates than around me. Most women just weren’t encouraged like a lot of men are to get into tech when they do show an interest. I know like some men I had to fight tooth and nail to get where I am today—there’s a disparity here with how accessible tech is made to men vs women. Heck, even on IRC most of the women I know on freenode and the like go to great lengths to conceal the fact that they’re women because people will automatically treat them with less respect.

I have a trans woman friend who confirmed what she experienced as a male in tech and what she experiences passing as a woman in tech. Its very interesting how insecure or jusf plain shitty men get about women doing intellectual things, almost as if it threatens some of them.

All in all I’ve worked with mostly pleasant people but its stupid to pretend this reality doesnt exist and that women have less opportunity to succeed in tech than men om average.

Like my male friend who I just taught to code just got a high paying job which took me years ro get to that point when i was on my own.

Yes there are womens reachout orgs that help women get into tech, but the reason they exist is because texh is currently an extremely masculine space. I know that sounds absurd but if uve ever worked with a mostly female team vs a mostly male team ull notice differences. I wish tech to be more accessible and pleasant for all.

tumblr is that way sweety

Fuck off nigger

nice pasta w/double reddit spacing

Attached: 1536227216279.jpg (1077x964, 93K)

>I have a trans woman friend who confirmed what she experienced as a male in tech and what she experiences passing as a woman in tech.
That is almost certainly because everyone treads carefully around a mentally ill tranny and can't be used to compare a mans experience to a """womans""" experience in the same profession.

Meritocracy doesnt give a fuck about your safe space. You think a spaceship cares which gender wrote it's code?

Take your accessible shit somewhere else where fucking up regularly has no side effects. Go do web dev or something , it's accessible as fuck.
It's not hard because it's masculine its hard because your brains are inferior to men. Period.
>t. another female who cant stand cali coders like you

Stfu

Attached: 1538310054876.jpg (2000x1335, 605K)

That's honestly disgusting you view human beings so low you would label them fucking mentally ill.

Imagine if I were to have a "white man code" sticker on my laptop.
But anyway, where can I get a "Femnigger" sticker lmao

>female

Attached: FB_IMG_1541183204301.jpg (225x225, 8K)

mass hysteria

nmv that looks shooped

With white man code sticker we can identify your code is not a streaming pile of shit

>>>/reddit/

h0t

Women in the workplace was a mistake.

>womens

China has the right idea

Attached: 6284f38a2d978b49c10e24106a6143fc.jpg (960x879, 99K)

Aww sucks to be you

tits or gtfo

In any respectable community, the fact that you're a women has no bearing at all on anything. However, in the current cultural climate, mentioning that you are a grill, or saying something like "as a woman", will immediately make everyone else question your intentions. Gender doesn't matter in the slightest. Just write good code, and we will act as though 0 genders exist.

Leave her the fuck alone you pervert. She is trying to open a dialogue with you guys but you refuse to hear her out. Stop acting like a fucking child and grow the fuck up.

Not even this is the right idea.

This is great and all, but I'd find that distracting. Maybe give them a job in the kitchen, or as a masseuse? It's about playing to your strengths. I love women, and in no way does that make you inferior to men, but when they try to do jobs they aren't suited for, they fuck things up for everyone.

So lunch ladies

OH LAWD

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Not sure if your a real person but I'll bite

Why do you think you're not respected as much as male colleagues? Most of what you're saying is anecdotal and most of my leaders in IT are women

Indoctrination, plain and simple. It's disturbing how all the men in that image look similar (apart from the clothing - white tshirt and jeans). Rounded faces, pale regardless of race/ethnicity, short & groomed numale "beard" or babyface, poor body posture etc.

Also why is their hair so dark?

You got it jimbo. Also, my internet has been fucking up.

Being a white man in tech is just as bad if not worse. Imagine the pressure you feel when you are actually productive. Your employer has real expectations from you since you are actually capable of doing work.
As a woman, trans or black person you can screw up and nobody cares because they know that's your limit.
All the "woman in tech" propaganda? Just a game the higher ups designed to keep less fortunate people busy (women, blacks etc.).

Surprisingly not in Canuckistan

are who people identifying as cripple and therefore removing their own extremities mentally ill? people who fuck children because they identify as one?

where do you draw the line

There's zero chance you'll be putting me up near any wall mate.

T. Brogrammer.

Attached: 79250589-BP_20181107_421.jpg (817x1226, 353K)

and what the fuck do you even mean
>you view human beings so low you would label them fucking mentally ill.
Human beings cannot be mentally ill? No ones said their are less human, do you think people with schizophrenia are less humans because one says they are mentally ill

libtards at it again

>his alpha status is threatened in an environment where brain power and knowledge is selected for, so he resorts to threats of physical violence instead
Brogrammers are white niggers.

> Femnigger

Attached: 1539497257987.gif (512x512, 489K)

I would feel weirded out by that. I wouldn't mind like an actual assistant.

>less accessible
its not, nobody prevents you from doing anything
>less encouragement
nobody encourages young men to go into computing, its seen as nerdy

your post is now a pasta

Chances are it was required.

nah the field is full of manchildren and autists now. computing was based from 1970-2004 or around that time. then the numale generation of fucking man babies turned it into web applications and never ending autism. my software company is a living nightmare because everyday senior devs pump out shit buggy code then throw a tantrum when a single new line is introduced which of course violates their "coding standards". meanwhile their uncommented, undocumented, 200 line functions read like complete shit.

i wouldn't mind any of this but they throw a complete tantrum over nothing more often than not and when shit is really hitting the fan they're like "oh well no sense in getting worked up". it's like actually dealing with a child a lot of the time

The difference is that in China most men will never EVER feel the delicate touch of a women. There are far more women than men and women, even super ugly ones, can basically have their choice.
I imagine a girl hanging on them all the time must be an absolute dream compared to the reality.