Does anyone use this shit from 80's in general?

Does anyone use this shit from 80's in general?

Attached: openbsd.png (801x597, 8K)

Astronomers do [spoiler]at least, observational astronomers do[/spoiler] and since a lot of them use ancient software they like to run it from xterm.

FVWM? A few people do.

The entire point of having this as the default on OpenBSD is that it allows you to set up your system. You can open multiple terminal windows and quickly configure shit and install new software instead of having only one headless command line to work in. It also configure X11 for you and installs a login manager to make things even more convenient for users who plan on only changing the desktop environment.

OpenBSD has a built-in login manager?

Hackers only.

Yes, you are prompted to enable it after installation.

Attached: 1.png (1024x768, 53K)

I've answered NO to that question so many times I forgot about that. I think I'll enable it now.

During installation, actually.

tmux is in the base system along with two other WMs

*during installation

You actually have to enable it now. Due to the stupid root-from-starting-X issue a while ago, the X executable has had its SUID bit removed, so the login manager is the only way to start X as non-root now.

>so the login manager is the only way to start X as non-root now
You can't startx anymore?

You can't startx anymore.

That explains a lot of trouble during my install last week

Damn. I hope that's not permanent. Currently I use FreeBSD for my desktop, where startx still works. OpenBSD is running on my server though.

No. You'll want to install fvwm2 instead of the outdated default on OpenBSD.

just use xenodm

I am.

I don't want X starting automatically.

I was doing startxfce4 so I never noticed that startx doesn't work.

Fvwm is underdeveloped minimalistnigger garbage. Use dwm instead.

FVWM is fucking based fuck off, so is obsd
enjoy your hugs and nearly unfixable filesystem corruptions.

Why not? Are you a faggot?

Dad taught me how to use terminal commands through xterm. Still use it today.

All astro uses tons of ancient shit still, they hate moving to new code and would rather hammer on old stuff to make it better.