Switch back to Windows 7 or stay on Windows 10?

With every new Windows 10 update, it pisses me off more and more and I’m starting to realize I don’t even use the Store apps that much. Should I just switch back to Windows 7?

Attached: 819BE92C-5822-41AF-BF9C-9CEC60A5001E.png (225x225, 1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/index.html
protondb.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why not gnu+linux?

7 is okay but unless you're using a specialized application that isn't well-supported in wine there's little reason not to be on linux now

Why use Windows at all?

>2018
>STILL take m$ up your ass
It's like you hate freedom

10 ltsc

This. The time of Wangblows is over. Loonix is calling you
>inb4 too hard
It's not too hard. If an old truck driving boomer like me can do it so can you.

LTSC

I'm currently trying to install win 7 on a brand new gaming laptop and it's proving impossible...

I made a bootable drive with WIN 7 on it, but my laptop refuses to boot it to install on the man ssd drive...it will however boot a bootable usb with windows 10 on it.

Furthermore, I tried installing an ssd with windows 7 installed on it and it refused to start with it....

I honestly don't know what the fuck is going on...

How does the bios know I'm trying to boot a windows 7 install?

My suspicion is that the hardware is manufactured not to work with anything but windows 10--and any attempts at boot anything else will not be accepted (hardwired on a hardware level).

1984 shit.

Also refuses to boot up linux from usb too.

Attached: It's over pepe.gif (720x533, 774K)

You need to disable secure boot + use MBR if the boot drive is going to be 2TB or less
A lot of UEFI bioses out of the box anymore refuse to boot """""legacy""""" stuff unless you change a few settings.
Look up the manual for your laptop, there is likely instructions on it.

Will look into it...thank you!

Wpd.app
"Shut up 10"
" Spy anti beakon"

Switch to some variation of linux. For me the bullshit updates finally started to piss me off more than the hassle of learning linux and dealing with all of its idiosyncrasies. While definitely far from perfect or easy at least you can control pretty much everything you could possibly want to change in linux. So it may suck out of the box more than windows but at least its fixable. With microsoft no there is no such luxury. The learning is a large up front cost, but once that is handled its well worth it IMO.

Just install 8.1.

What about gaymes and Office 365?

Why does it piss you off? Are you just being a contrarian nu-Jow Forums faggot?
>wahh muh updates and refinement
do fuck off

Attached: 1522809162904.jpg (1920x2229, 1.67M)

Install LTSC

>too hard
Said no one now. Anyone can try out loonix easily but they'll switch back to Windows right away because shit just doesn't work

But windows 10 has minecraft windows 10 edition and that is cross platform

> be you
> a cuck
> letting windows update on you
> going back to windows 7 because: computer illiterate and can't manage updates
> not using wsusoffline to manage windows 10
> windows 7... that boots slower, runs slower on modern cpus.

YLYL thread? this cheered me up a bit. thanks, user.

Stop using Winshit.

Attached: DpKN1ZZXUAEehdj.jpg (640x622, 85K)

Are you the girl on the right?

Steam Play is covering more and more titles that just work without installing or configuring anything else. I do play Life is strange, Left4Dead 2, The Witcher 3, BInary Domain, Kngdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Metro, and GTA V online.

MS Office is essential if you use exclusive features, like the 3D models or artistic effects on images. Otherwise there are other options, the one who has satisfied me the most is WPS. But I'm someone who only used MS Word, Excel and Power Point. I'm not certain if you can install Office 365 on wine, but you can install Office 2016, cracks won't work though.

Post model and we could help.

come home white man

Attached: 7.jpg (500x281, 19K)

Install 8.1 + Classic shell. You can remove all UWP apps and forget about them. Classic control panel is sill in it's place. System is supper snappy, you get support for latest hardware as well. Win10 is beyond saving at this point IMHO.

I installed win 7 from usb recently, you need a special tool and you actually install it from your desktop environment.
It was an entirely different process than installing Win 10 LTSC, it was more like linux with a live disc, installation.

W10 LTSC 1809

You've never used Mint.

Linux is the future bruh

I'm seriously considering trying linux but i have some issues with it:
I'm not using english keyboard and i type some characters as alt+char number. This is by default not possible in linux. Is there a way to add this?
Also how do i play games that use DirectX and Visual Studio redistributables in linux?

>he uses the store apps at all

>he thinks he can stop windows 10 updates
>he doesn't even know about the telemetry

ylyl is right

Attached: 1528756307394.jpg (1462x1462, 189K)

>because shit just doesn't work
so it's too difficult for you

Come home white man.

Attached: xubuntu.png (1024x768, 268K)

No i'm the girl on the left!

Attached: 1520484153498.jpg (1920x2023, 1.41M)

> being this retarded he doesn't know how to disable the telemetry or updates.
> what is w10privacy
my fucking sides. you are one stupid motherfucker. this really is a ylyl thread: confirmed.

Based and XFCEpilled

god i want to lick her chest

get LTSC. it's windows 10 how it should have been.

> doesn't know that even messing with the settings doesn't completely disable the telemetry
> what is having privacy

my fucking sides. you are one stupid motherfucker. this really is a ylyl thread: confirmed

Switch to fedora wincuck

i am still on win7
will start learning linux when programs and gamu stop supporting it
so i'll keep using it for the next 5 years at least and by that time i expect linux to support games fully

also reminder that soem new boards don't "support" win 7 anymore because (((someone))) paid them off, mainly the native usb drivers, so you have to patch usb drivers into the .iso
look up your mobo or laptop support page, they should have the necessary installers and patches
had to do that on my ryzen machine but have no idea about laptops

what a computer illiterate fucking retard.

>> doesn't know that even messing with the settings doesn't completely disable the telemetry
it does. also, have you never heard of a firewall? how did you end up this retarded? were you born this way? stay the fuck away from computers and the internet. you are dangerously incompetent.

microjew shills in full force today

>using shit os that don't work

This why you foss faggots will never get anything working.

Run both. Who the fuck only uses one OS?

Choose a host, VM the other, done at no cost.

Been running arch for about a year now, haven't had to reinstall or had problems with updates. Also haven't had problems running games i like because of new steam play/ wine development.

>tfw filthy wincucks will never know the liberation of FOSS

just use 7 bro, all you're missing is some shitty adware from the glorious microsoft ebin store

>Boot Windows 10 today
>It makes it to the login screen and crashes, says it needs to restart.
>Restart and it doesn't crash.
>Check for updates. You have updates.
>Updates never download.
>Restart
>Check for updates
>You have updates
>Updating 45%
>One hour later 95%
>35 minutes later updates finish
>Windows needs to restart.
ARGGGGGGGGGH! I FUCKING HATE YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!

I dual boot. I run Windows LTSB and Arch. I really don't care if Windows spies on me, I absolutely never do or store anything personal in Windows. I've never trusted Microsoft products, or as a company. The good news is, Linux just keeps getting better, so my dependence on Windows keeps getting smaller.

I switched to Win 10 LTSC on Saturday coming from Windows 7. So far I had trouble with:
- Realtek Audio Manager disappears for no reason
- Random SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEMPTION BSOD, because why not?
- Some folders using the dark mode have their icons still on black font so you can't read them properly.
- Truly shady opted-in options across the whole OS so you end up saying fuck it and stop looking which one says you are ok with microsoft for having your soul.

Seriously thinking to move onto Ubuntu, I'm done.

>Boot W10 today
>Use it flawlessly
>Shutdown computer

ez

7 is good enough direct x12 is shiet

I'm currently trying to troubleshoot getting USB 3 drivers into the ISO and it's fucking my ass....

Attached: 02895e575213285143653579e8c49513421e156a8d972e4578ee870c37c04ad0.jpg (680x500, 39K)

I usually lurk Jow Forums because I'm an idiot with nothing much to say but I use windows 8.1 with the addition of classic shell and winaero tweaker to start. everything else will be too long for me to care about typing, but use 8.1 for now. and you talked about the apps, I just use pcdecrapifier to get rid of all the bloat garbage and do not sign up for a windows account when you fresh install

asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/index.html
might help

Most distros have keyboard options when you're installing the distro.

If I were you, I'd start with an easy, "babby's first linux" distro such as Ubuntu or Linux Mint.

As far as running Windows games, DX9 games run pretty well at this point. For DX10 and DX11 games you're going to need WINE+DXVK.

Alternatively, if you run most of your games on Steam, the games may run right out of the box by utilizing Proton from Valve on Linux Steam, which is essentially WINE+DXVK prebundled.

You can check protondb.com/ to see which Windows games work out of the box on Linux Steam or which ones work with some tweaks.

can you retards install gnu/linux already? Windblows is done. If you consider windows a threat then it's time to move on.

Windows 7 is much less intolerable than 10 imo. That said I agree with ; why not try Linux? Maybe Mint or Ubuntu? It's a superior computing experience

Attached: DickseeF_BelleDameSansMerci.jpg (1200x875, 164K)

ubuntu is pretty meh, the flavors are much better. xubuntu and kubuntu are really nice. mint is also an excellent option. arch is for memers and breaks easily if you aren't careful.

Win7 not being capable of using USB 3.0 without manually installing drivers is a separate issue from it not running on new hardware.

A second option if packaging the drivers into the installer is too hard would be to just use a PS/2 keyboard instead of USB, then pop in the motherboard DVD to load the driver in the Windows 7 installer. This would require a SATA DVD drive and PS/2 equipped motherboard of course.

I've enjoyed four years of Arch memery but I feel it's time to switch, just not sure to what. Fedora was comfy

Attached: BouguereauWA_Aurore.jpg (602x1200, 125K)

Try 1607 LTSB, it's more stable than LTSC 1809.

It doesn't always work that way.

I tried it in vms and that's what I install in clients laptops/PC, no non-sense useless feature updates, but I would like to de-windows my entire network

Appreciate the help but that website and "windows patcher" is much too sketch for me to consider.

As soon as linux games and runs good video/audio editing software---as well as soldiworks--I'm there bro.

I used it and its an official tool, i believe