How much money is AMD losing with prices this fucking low...

how much money is AMD losing with prices this fucking low? how can they sell this product for this price and make any profit??? not regretting my 9600k purchase at all but honestly wtf is rwong with amd?!
newegg btw.

Attached: how.png (512x219, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/guides/3032-
fool.com/investing/2018/05/07/amds-golden-run-might-be-coming-to-a-close.aspx
reddit.com/r/AMD_Stock/comments/6ujfuc/rx_vega_margins/
siliconlottery.com/pages/statistics
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

iirc the only products on which they lose money is Vega GPUs at MSRP

>losing
Just because incel completely ripped you off with their 60% margins doesn't mean that amd loses anything.

>he doesn't know
margins on anything complicated and capital intensive are pretty high considering the sales volume, so I wouldn't worry about it

right under that ryzen 5 was this...
this one they are DEFINITELY losing money on because vega56 was msrp 399.99 and 64 was 499.99 iirc... total bitch move...cant even give these piece of shit cards away...pathetic...

Attached: 399.99 v64.png (251x330, 34K)

Ryzen yields are pretty insane actually, so they can significantly undercut jewtel's insane prices because Intel's stockholders insist on having ridiculous margins per product sold.
Also AMD probably wants to clear their 12nm stock before they release 7nm.

While their sells are much lower, intlel doesn't lose money due to high prices.
Their market share is shrinking but not their benefits. That's why their stocks are not falling that much. Also they fire a lot of people to prepare for a shortage and keep investor confident.

Hasn't the crypto bubble burst?

Just a dip

because it's just sand

TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Attached: 1536967822320.gif (400x285, 1.87M)

>bought one from newegg a week ago
>shipping hasn't updated since wednesday
should I be worried?

Newegg is Chink, they want you to buy Intel

just upgraded my 1600X to a 2700X
life is gud

any reason to buy a 2600x instead of the 2600 in the OP and just OC it to the level of the X?

I gibe you my dip :DDDDDDD
Bend over :DDDDD

Attached: f24[1].jpg (596x471, 60K)

Presumably X is binned better, therefore can achieve higher clocks. I'd play the silicon lottery, though.

I'm seriously considering updating to a small thread ripper when Zen 2 launches from a 1600X, is it worth it for all the extra cores?

If you're asking, then no. People who do that kind of stuff (rendering, transcoding, VMs, anything with a high amount of workers) know when it will benefit them.

>this one they are DEFINITELY losing money on

Proof or GTFO, nigger.

i run VMs, compile code and video edit and sometimes stream vidya, so for me it has kind of been worth it, bare in mind i also consider 32GB of DDR4 3000MHz RAM worth it so it depends

what do you do now that your 6c/12t processor can't do, or doesn't do quick enough? and wouldn't 8c/16t be enough?

That CPU is barely capable of web browsing
t. Personal experience

not him, but
gamersnexus.net/guides/3032-
vega-56-cost-of-hbm2-and-necessity-to-use-it
fool.com/investing/2018/05/07/amds-golden-run-might-be-coming-to-a-close.aspx
reddit.com/r/AMD_Stock/comments/6ujfuc/rx_vega_margins/
:^)

it feels miles better than my 4790k so go fuck yourself shill

Not a shill. Why does web browsing so slow?

Feels like I'm running windows on a low-powered tablet on this thing, is something wrong with my system?

>golden run might be coming to a close
>may 7
>amd is still up 100%
Lmao btfo so hard

Simple solution.

Chuck in a Fedora LiveCD and see if your "browsing is slow", if it's not, Windows is being shit again

Obviously.
Either you're an absolute dumb xigger who just pulled out the hardware and didn't do a fresh install afterwards, so your wangblows installation is trying to run for an intel CPU instruction set, or you bought the slowest possible ram, an A320 board, and are wondering why your processor is being held back. but yeah update chipset drivers etc.

A320 will reduce performance?

Latest chipset drivers, installed windows for 20 times now and I'm tired

Attached: 1519810934713.jpg (640x400, 38K)

*tips distro*

Niggercheap $50 A320 won't let the X Ryzen's boost as much due to VRM

compatibility issues, what's the rest of your setup look like? refurb hard drive? inplace-upgrade install instead of fresh format? literally though test your memory. memtest86.com
honestly just sounds like a RAM issue. not a "not enough" or "not fast enough" but actually faulty.
nah. other user doesnt know.

Have non x ryzen 2600

2 year old 500GB SSD, fresh installed format and sanitize

right but that still wouldn't make it too slow for wangblows retard to watch blacked.com in chrome, it should still be fine.
have you tried switching to high performance profile? also could possibly be GPU driver, or something with your SSD/HDD when it's opening/closing stuff, or playing animations etc

Done all that

you should ask instead how much is intel jewing you on their prices really

use firefox not chrome
install ublock origins
if you absolutely must suck the giant google cock then disable hardware acceleration in chrome

This kind of thing is making me actually consider building a desktop, ngl

run memtest you lazy fuck.

Should I buy 2600X now or wait for Zen 2?

Attached: 3411_horo_puffy_vulva_spice_and_wolf_spicy_wolf.jpg (622x521, 63K)

i'm doing 2nd
but the pricing of shit like this really makes it hard

Something wrong with your setup, mine is 1600 and works fucking great.
Windows 7 btw.

12nm glofo yields are through the roof

>not regretting my 9600k purchase at all
You really should be, you just got nickel and dimed to the max.

Attached: ruh-roh.jpg (641x2895, 365K)

I need the virtual machine, but the clockspeed and IPC are more important for the work I do. Which is why if Ryzen 2 doesn't meet or beat Intel I have to go with the jew.

Thanks for intetjecting your worthless judgment upon my needs though.

It's not that the 6 cores is not enough. It's that a separate VM would greatly benefit my work flow in 3D CAD/CAM. So if Ryzen 2 has the clock speed as well as the IPC boost I would rather upgrade to that instead of just getting a second machine with an i3-9350k or what ever and a quadro/wx gpu.

We tamed lightning and used it to teach sand to think.

2600x silicon is selected for better clocks at lower voltage (binned)

Binning is bullshit, people are getting the same clocks out of the 2600.
Only reason to get the X is that it has a better stock cooler and you don't have to OC yourself

>t. bought 2600 with dark Rock pro 4 waiting for zen 2

what ram?

Attached: 10 - Performance Index.png (856x430, 30K)

>Binning is bullshit, people are getting the same clocks out of the 2600.
siliconlottery.com/pages/statistics

Still amusing how a chink processor can obliterate intel's value processor. This isn't even using CL14 RAM which cranks up faster core response time on ryzen infinity war.

Attached: 1534326485713.png (1824x1026, 431K)

Stop browsing without an ad-blocker and 4 gigs of ram.

AMD has near perfect yield on 12nm, Intel with its insane monolithic approach on 14nm++++++++ has terrible yields

it's literally sand

When will intel start using glued dies instead of bingbus

>9600k

lmaoing @ your life

>9600K
kys

Soon. No, really.

>total bitch move...cant even give these piece of shit cards away...pathetic...
?
vega 64 performance is between 1070ti and 1080

Cooper lake is a joke.

>complaining about low prices

Attached: 1539352235132.jpg (700x461, 48K)

>6 threads
>$270
lol wtf is this?

This

>tfw 1700 will soon hit $100/pop and I'l finally be able to afford to do 10-butt 1080p hevc video encoding
I don't even care that it can't OC past ~3.9 GHz, I'll finally have 4X the multi-core performance of my i3-7100

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-03-14-16-56(1).jpg (720x1142, 172K)

I got my i5-8600 on sale for $180
How is it at that price:performance in any way, a low profit margin product?

SEETHING

Attached: 1542085404910.jpg (748x900, 138K)

1.) You can't use ram faster than 2666MHz without Z motherboard
2.) You can't upgrade to zen 2
3.) >6 threads
4.) I got my 2600 for $100 + $30 off my b450 pro motherboard

I bought a 2700x and will sell it off and upgrade to the 3800x when it is available. Upgraded from a 1700 (gave to my brother to replace his terrible 4690k).

Attached: Aqh1ETYCIAI3GOl.jpg large.jpg (909x585, 40K)

is there such a site but for older cpus? i want to see how much i could OC a i7-2600k

My 1700 did 4ghz @ 1.365v

>ryzen 2600 is barely capable of web browsing
>my 1300x ran vidya gaem at high quality.

Attached: 1542837202864.jpg (1000x1000, 45K)

6600k paired with 1080ti here. zen2 would be my choice but I don't really gayme on my computer anymore. it's just webbrowsing. what do?
was around 5ghz for the best chips

Nice, got my hyper evo 212 in push pull fan config ready. Hope zen 2 does well.

Attached: 1435602292160.png (270x394, 108K)

> I don't really gayme on my computer anymore. it's just webbrowsing. what do?
Give me that 1080ti.

Attached: 04b02ee2ef6b313d9dd849d644ee5ad2.png (696x678, 174K)

None, AMD price for make CPU is very low, CPU ryzen 5 begin defective from small CPU.

lmaaaaaaoooooooooooo point at him and laugh. Pic related is (You).

Attached: 1543592765712.jpg (633x758, 26K)

One up Pajeet, how many intel shilling starbucks vouchers did you gather last month?

So much that they had to lie about how many chips they sell on their sheets. They started counting CPUs shipped to distributors as sales and recognized revenue for money they never received. Enron-style fraud.

AMD has negative cash flow despite being more competitive than they've ever been in the last 10 years.

>source: your ass

Typical AMDrone, denying facts that don't fit the narrative. Something tells me you vote blue in every election as well.

Source?

His ass.

Welcome to fair pricing! Unlike Intel, AMD has to increase it's market share. Intel is just price gouging it's consumer base; they still think Intel is best.

it was clearly a joke but your coping mechanisms sure got triggered
are you frustrated that you heard about bitcoin early and kick yourself that you never invest in the monopoly money "when it was less than $! per coin"

you wouldn't have made it
don't worry about it

lmao that cope. No I didn't hear about it early and I never gave a fuck. It's okay, sell your kidneys and genitals to chinese men and you'll make up your losses

that's cool. I might get one for OpenCL at those prices.

>what do?
Something like 3600.

That's great but you provide no source Intelkike faggot, give a source or fuck off back to Jow Forums you Jow Forumstard

Moron, you don't even understand supply side sales versus retail sales.

Every chip in a retailers shelf is sold to the retailer. Thus to the supplier in this case AMD they consider it sold.

AMD doesn't consider shipped units revenue until they're off the shelf, AMD stockholders actually whined about this weird accounting method last few quarters.

When will the 2700 hit 200?

No they didn't. GAAP has a slight variation from their NON-GAAP because of stock based compensation and filings. That's it.

How much did they lose when I got my Vega 56 Pulse for £300?

>Every chip in a retailers shelf is sold to the retailer. Thus to the supplier in this case AMD they consider it sold.

Imagine actually believing this. The only time AMD is getting paid for unsold products is for bulk buys from OEMs. Retailers have favorable contracts that gives them a large cut of the price of the CPU and doesn't force them to pay up front for a product that might not sell well.

>AMD doesn't consider shipped units revenue until they're off the shelf, AMD stockholders actually whined about this weird accounting method last few quarters.

They went from counting only sold products to counting all shipped products last year. It inflated their numbers and made them 'profitable' on GAAP sheets without actually improving their sales. They still have negative cash flow even after decreasing capex.

No, the fact you dont have a TR worjload in mind means all youre going to do is CPU throttle yourself when gaymen

Attached: 1539406042523.gif (400x300, 1.36M)