Windows 10 updates cause problems yet again

mikrobitti.fi/uutiset/mb/3134d9fe-5ee5-4bb1-84b8-3e3be49f8fa1

Microsoft explains that it worked together with Morphisec on investigating some potential issues with the Mophisechs Software Development Kit and it discovered that customers using these solutions might end up not being able to work with Microsoft Office.

“Microsoft and Morphisec have identified an issue on devices that have installed Morphisec Protector or another application that uses the Morphisec Software Development Kit (SDK) including: Cisco AMP for Endpoints. These applications may impact customers’ ability to save Microsoft Office documents,”.

Attached: critical process part deux.jpg (1600x900, 79K)

>Windows
There's the problem

Attached: 1543842233374.png (1940x942, 314K)

And how is it a Windows problem that third-party software is broken?

Remember when Unix workstations were a thing? Remember when they ran less software but they ran it well and had years of uptime? Because I remember. I remember when computers and their operating systems weren't marketed as swiss army knives packed with bideo bames and other autistic horse shit. I remember when computers were tools first and toys second.

Attached: 7ddae6830a1ed6d86b697d3a38609aa0.png (420x420, 126K)

This. Since when is it MSFTs obligation to support third party soft? Post legal proof or fuck off.

Third party software is the only reason that Winshit still exists.

Great, and how is this Microsoft's problem?

I remember when we didn't have redditor autistic rants such as yours in every single fucking thread.

>Great, and how is this Microsoft's problem?
They promise backwards compatibility. Their customers pay for backwards compatibility. Now they break it and autistic redditors like you ask the same dumb question over and over again as if it changes anything. Windows is a broken piece of shit because Microwanker doesn't beta test it. If it compiles they ship it, and you're the cuckold who defends this.

You now remember that time Jewgle gimped Chrome on Windows 10 and blamed Microsoft.

This. Pajeet nigger BTFO.

>They promise backwards compatibility.
Software that's leveraging bugs has no promise that Microsoft will keep them.

REEEEE SHUT UP WINDOWS BAD LINUX GOOD

What's next? Is win32 a bug? Poo in the fucking loo.

Because microsoft promises backwards compatibility within windows 10, and companies pay for this in their commercial contract.
Microsoft's problem is a potential lawsuit.

>They promise backwards compatibility
Just wait for intel's new cpu uarch that won't even assure backwards compatibility lmoa

FAT PENGUIN BAD

Attached: 1540730942085.png (644x800, 14K)

>microsoft promises backwards compatibility
No they don't. They strive to maintain compatibility, but they're not obligated to every third party programmer on the planet to keep their software running on Windows. It's the third party's job to keep their software updated.

remember when software developers had a vision for a finished product and continuous development was referred to in a negative way?

>It's the third party's job to keep their software updated.
How exactly would they know that the latest update is going to prevent their installations from saving documents? Are you being paid to desperately defend micro shaft? Not working.

WINDOWS GOO-

ERROR: 0x0003476 NOT_ENOUGH_CURRY

Attached: 1539275065802.png (1083x1128, 232K)

What do you mean?

ITT: newfags don't know they can just pull up a command prompt and type

:stopcode:

>They strive to maintain compatibility, but they're not obligated to
Yes, they are obligated to maintain backwards compatibility. Otherwise damn near every government contract they have goes out the fucking window. Same goes for a good chunk of their enterprise agreements, which includes shitloads of embedded devices and legacy infrastructure in banks and stuff.

So no, Ranjeept. You cannot drop or break win32 compatibility.

Attached: 272.jpg (496x599, 36K)

>How exactly would they know that the latest update is going to prevent their installations from saving documents?
They're running a MitM. Office works. Windows works. Their shitty software that MitM's Office on Windows breaks Office. That's not Microsoft's problem.

>a third party program doesn't work with the latest update
Wow, Microsoft is finished.

> what is win10 lts

>what is [shit that also breaks]

Attached: ere-rare-colorized-photo-of-happy-hitler-19937883.png (500x565, 150K)

Unix workstations still exist. They’re called iMacs

Speaking of broken shit, is damaging of ext4 partitions fixed in loonix, or everyone is too busy looking for problematic language in code comments?

Attached: _20171108_120954.jpg (1482x1468, 116K)

i want these days back. i'm sick of adding unrelated/useless stuff nobody asked for just because some higher up though it would drive sales up.

It's been fixed by not using fragmanting/disc rotting file system like NTFS

Attached: 1543157421360.png (511x671, 105K)

>Get so many BSODs you start putting QR codes on them

>Unix workstations still exist.
>They’re called iMacs
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*breathes in*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
iToddlers actually think their fruity baby toy OS on generic Intel shit is anywhere near SCO-Unixware, HP-UX, IRIX, or Solaris! Lmao

I use XFS. Suck my fucking dick.

Attached: 1543016677326.png (650x560, 269K)

I mean, I keep a Windows partition around just for the rare case I absolutely have to have it for something, but that's becoming more and more rare. I honestly doubt I'll ever boot it again seriously until WoW classic hits.

"Just buy an SSD, goy! Then you won't have to worry about defragging because our filesystem is completely crap!"

>not owning an SSD
Poorfag.

>buy SSD
>Micro shaft decides to fry it anyway

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-04 05-12-32.png (1546x250, 42K)

>first it's gpus
>then it's cpus
>then it's motherboards
>now it's hard disks
When is Micropenis gonna release a list of all 50 known good hardware configurations that actually work with their dumpster fire of an OS?

>we updated your os
>all your files are kept exactly where you left them

Attached: 1540655590694.jpg (267x297, 13K)

just kidding lol

Attached: DjSX6QeWfT-12.png (300x250, 20K)

I'm starting to wonder if Hackintosh has a wider variety of working hardware than Windows at this point.