>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 1538938617670.jpg (775x719, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tex.stackexchange.com/questions/1137/where-do-i-place-my-own-sty-or-cls-files-to-make-them-available-to-all-my-te
deviantart.com/ayian/art/fooayian-1-1-346968628
youtube.com/watch?v=IpEQtpnGp_I
amazon.com/Monoprice-115428-Certified-Premium-18Gbps/dp/B01GCGKK82/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm testing out having my own .sty file so I can just load in most of the packages, commands, styles, etc, I usually use in my TeX files.

Where the hell do I put my .sty file though?

I tried to put it in /usr/share/texmf directory and then running texhash, but it didn't work. Reading through a TeX stackexchange only left me more confused, and it appears I'm not supposed to even be able to do this for a system wide texlive install.
tex.stackexchange.com/questions/1137/where-do-i-place-my-own-sty-or-cls-files-to-make-them-available-to-all-my-te

how do i turn off the frame counter in iterm2

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 12.23.09 PM.png (404x176, 27K)

pls help

My 'PagExpand' {add-on for firefox} used to show me the number of replies to a post in Jow Forums like in pic related (it says "follower(1)" in the pic next to a post as in 1 reply to that post). Need a similar userscript or firefox add-on to that or at least, just the setting for 'PagExpand' to show the count of replies. Pagexpand is also on chrome/opera, so if someone could tell me the appropriate setting please.
Thank you.
made a wsr at

How does one find freelance programming jobs to take on the side?

Why the fuck does both Startpage and duckduckgo censor my favorite sites?
ddg doesn't even list Jow Forums

Freelance websites. However you should start making connections and making yourself known to get actual clients directly without using 3rd party sites who will take a cut off your work

Attached: 1515277423963.png (1500x940, 1.37M)

c# or c++ for very small + simple game?

I have a single column with rows of names in a spreadsheet.
I want to find out the occurrence of each name in the column for all entries in the column and print them out else where on the sheet.
I tried pivot tables but it didnt return any data on the occurrences of them, just the names.
Is there another way to display the data?
Using libreoffice

What would be the best way to remote control a Windows 98 PC? Do I need to worry about viruses if I connect it to the internet? No one would be using the PC except me

Has Windows 10 LTSC 2019 been released yet? I can't tell from some web searches. I'm trying to install the least annoying Windows edition that supports my Ryzen setup.

VNC. There were also some hacker/trojan tools whose names I don't remember anymore. If behind a NAT router and you don't use a browser then it should be safe. If you insist on browsing from it you should install a whitelist script blocker like uMatrix of noscript for safety.

Any language will do for "simple".

Best way / program for windows to list all directories and files of an hdd?
Thanks

Attached: 2732999.jpg (1966x2500, 2.33M)

windirstat

Anyone have any idea how I can make the artwork of this Foobar skin larger?

deviantart.com/ayian/art/fooayian-1-1-346968628

Pretty great skin otherwise.

After making a retarded post, how can I can prove I was pretending to be retarded?
That way my posts could go something like
me (pretending to be retarded): something retarded
user: that's retarded
me: i was pretending to be retarded
user: >i was pretending to be retarded
me: [link to proof I was pretending to be retarded] absolutely btfo
If, before making a post, would uploading an image to a website like imgur showing my post, the time, the thread, and the message "I was pretending to be retarded when I made this post" be sufficient evidence?

that's retarded

What is the good and simple voice changer software around?

Attached: 1312341423.png (1182x1026, 906K)

Is there any modern laptop which can hold 2x2.5 inch drives?

How do I hack a computer?

IntelProcessor Diagnostic tool keeps giving me errors for my Memory Controller. Should I be worried?

Attached: Dasdasd.jpg (472x349, 21K)

I installed torrented copy of windows and now whenever I reboot it pins a media player to the taskbar and sets firefox homepage to the guys blog or whatever, any easy way to fix? I haven't tried reinstalling firefox or uninstalling media player, will try that now

Attached: bonbi_smile_1.gif (324x576, 1.52M)

Can someone please explain to me what's the point of a ScriptBlocker? I always hear about people using them, yet I don't really have a clue about it or its usefulness.

How do I hack my hp 22xw monitor run in free sync?

I have a raspberry pi with a freshly flashed raspbian, but currently no access to any monitor with a suitable cable for it. How hard would it be to write a bash script to set up ssh, put it on an USB stick, then boot the rpi and execute the script without a using screen, so I can ssh in and set everything else up from my PC?

If you have to ask then you have no idea what your doing and should stick to a game engine instead like game maker or unity because there's no way in hell your going to make something from scratch.

Wrong

Your preference

Do you want arbitrary code running in your browser? Y/dontcare = no script blocker N = script blocker

bash.exe -c 'find / -type d'

Now will someone please tell me how the fuck to turn off the frame counter in iterm2?

Not knowledgeable about this at all but it doesn't sound too hard, I'm sure there are lots of SSH tools for rasperry pi floating around the internet. Did you try google?

>can transfer files to device just fine when the phone is turned on
>when the phones off in twrp it says the device is disconnected or stopped responding
>cant mount storage

what gives

Are there any repercussions of doing a clean windows 10 install on a new laptop?

I'm an absolute brainlet at this kind of stuff. Does it void any warranty or anything like that?

Say you got a box of 20 different, second-hand thumb drives, what would be the quickest way to check them and format them?
Would it be effective to just get a multi-bus and connect 8 at a time and format them?

>assuming you don't need the contents recovered
>assuming you don't know if there's malicious software on them

don't you have a serial cable? that's what the serial pins are for, to give you console access without a monitor or ssh

that said - it would be easier for you to pull the card, plug it into another box, chroot into the raspbian filesystem and configure ssh that way instead of what you want to do

I'm using python's multiprocessing module to do some number crunching for a student project.
On a quad core processor I expected it to be four times faster than without multiprocessing but it's only a bit more than double the speed.
Is this because the scheduler is already distributing threads at OS level to all 4 cores even without me explicitly starting 4 processes in python?

how did pewdiepie get so many more subscribers all of a sudden? like 1M subs in a couple of days. he very nearly got overtaken by t-series but now he's more than 400k subs ahead.

right now i am using an hdmi->vga converted to connect to my screen because i don't have an HDMI cable and my GPU doesn't have a VGA port. should i buy an HDMI cable? will it give less delay, better quality? i don't really see any problem right now but it's the first time i touch technology that belongs to this decade so i can't really judge well.

do i need to care about quality of HDMI cable for just 2 meters?

nvm this seems to be the main reason
youtube.com/watch?v=IpEQtpnGp_I

How do I disable this Google frame on left swipe

Im using lineage 15.1/s7

Attached: Screenshot_20181203-191830_Trebuchet.png (1440x2560, 2.66M)

Did I fuck up bros?!?

>majored in Comp Eng freshman year
>changed before I even started college cause advisor said I wouldn’t do well since little programming experience
>majored in bimemeology
>did research for 3 years where I did a lot of bioinformatics (python, R, matlab)
>regretting not doing CSE cause I love the theory behind coding after reading SICP

FUCK MEEEE. should I go back for CSE or self learn and do a masters? Is OSSU good for self learning?

I just ran stressapptest with my 5 year old i7 3770 (non-K) that has been 'overclocked' to 4.3Ghz since I bought it.

In 600 seconds, I got 5 hardware errors. I've been unable to play games for longer than 10 minutes for about a month now and my computer sometimes randomly crashes, but it did at least manage not to crash whilst running a 30 minute Blender benchmark.

Given all that, how likely is it that stressapptest is correct and my CPU is completely fucked and needs to be replaced?

Attached: rip.png (1004x215, 24K)

What's the best software to transfer the id and contents of a hdd to a new drive? Must work with win7.

I'm going for an IT degree, but there's always something that kind of makes me feel awkward. Why low level programming have to be called just that? Why not somethign that doesn't make you sound like a loser for making that your focus?

Attached: 1527088060192.jpg (232x197, 13K)

I graduated with a BS degree in mathematics and write networking software for a living. If you have the drive you can self educate. You don't need a masters to get a good job as long as you're a good programmer and can demonstrate that to employers; I make six figures.

If you finished SICP and feel like you understood the majority of it you'll be fine self educating. Your only problem is that you need income. Suggest you find an entry level job writing Python and self educate on general programming ability as well as whatever particular subset of the field you're interested in. Good luck.

Macrium reflect.

Dude, just buy the damn cable. It's not worth even thinking about.

amazon.com/Monoprice-115428-Certified-Premium-18Gbps/dp/B01GCGKK82/

I fucked up a GPU by being a bit of a brute. One of them capacitors fucked off into the sunset and I realized late enough. Anyways, I decided to still put that card in there.

Curiously enough, the fans run normally, lights turn on just fine. The issue seems to be the BIOS. Atiflash shows me a 0FL01 error, which apparently means the card is bricked and needs to be reflashed through shorting two specific pins.

However that got me thinking: In case this appears, what are the chances that by actually replacing the now non-existent capacitor the BIOS is gonna be just fine?

Just get a replacement

I spent a good day setting up my new Windows 10 laptop and just found about LTSC. Should I wipe and reinstall?

mupdf is absolute garbage.

If you did not perform any debloat on your installation media before install then yes

Use debloat scripts

Nah you're good

Theoretically it would be fine. Unless you were writing to the BIOS when it fucked up.

most computers nowadays have the windows license appended to the motherboard so it shouldn't matter

my laptop didn't come with bloat

Dumb question, can you receive a radio signal from USA in Spain? I want to start in ham radio or simply listening to some dudes with a baofeng in my bushcraft nights

WIndows 10 itself is bloated by default, you need to find scripts you like and run them. Win10 becomes a hell of a lot better.

Would I see any benefits from a 144Hz monitor in non-gaming tasks?

what can i use to open swf and psd files?

>can you receive a radio signal from USA in Spain?
Theoretically, yes. But it depends on your setup and equipment. There are amateur radio operators all over the world though

Any guide, video or link that you can provide me? I'm very lost in terms of very long distances signals

No. Actually it's by far preferred.

Not unless you have special eyes.

Everything you do is smoother in 144hz. It's especially noticeable on the OS itself. 60 will look choppy t you once you go back to it.

Awesome! Thanks. Id actually like to earn a masters or PhD in the future.

there's an empty folder in my recycle bin that refuses to be deleted, asks for admin permissions then tells me I have none

what the fuck do I do

This is very much personal preference. I give zero fucks going back and forth.

Fair enough, I figured c++ having more control over how the code would interact with your hardware would allow for better optimisation or something along those lines. Just looking for something to slowly develop an RPG for me and some friends, 2D graphics, full of retarded easter eggs. One great big inside joke.

Are you supporting a website merely by visiting it?

If I visit youtube.com, am I literally paying them money? If so, how much? Is it the same if I watch a video? How does it all work?

Is it possible to create a YouTube account without connecting it to your mobile #?

I have Transmission running on my desktop. I want to connect to it remotely using an Android app. How do I connect?

Remote access is enabled on the desktop app. Both are connected to the internet.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-03-03-35-56-384_org.equeim.tremotesf.png (1080x2160, 87K)

Is it possible to move a video file from a DVD/Bluray to a PC without re-encoding? All the google results say to use VLC or some bloatware shit like DVDtoMP4free, but what's the best way to do it with minimal loss of quality?

The word you're looking for is mux/remux

Fill in the required information,depending on how you set it up.

Is rust in firefox now? or is it still a preview/dev only thing?

Literally copy the vob files over to your pc

Is factorial of set of natural numbers cardinality stronger than natural numbers cardinality?
pardon my english and poor mathematic expressions. I had that shit few years ago
I mean is |N!|>|N| where N is set of natural numbers?

MKVTool gives me errors when I try muxing from the disk. I'll keep trying though, thanks.

Since 55 its required

OPEN YOUR FILE BROWSER
OPEN THE DVD
COPY THE FILES TO YOUR PC

Do NAS Servers always have to be set up in RAID? Is it generally not a good idea to set one up without RAID?

It goes without saying I don't want .vobs, I wanted a more usable format. The first guy understood, but clearly you're quite stupid.

So concatenate them to one file?
Or you dont know what the fuck you're talking about and you do want to reencode them "to a more usable format".
VOB plays on every platform,every media player.

bump

can I delete the windows folder of an old HDD without wiping it out entirely?

OPEN THE DOOR

>posts tik tok garbage
>is a retard
POTTERY. If you weren't such a retard you would know that you can literally download the official Windows ISOs directly from Microsoft's site (MSDN or one of the many backups). Enjoy your actual botneted system which probably runs 3 miners and let me guess, you are a gamer too. Please do yourself a favor and kill yourself. I don't want to see you posting here again, trust me. I wonder how can you even live with such low amounts of brain matter. Give my regards to your family, It must be hard.

How can I compile c++ code for a beagle bone from ubuntu?

I need to send my laptop in for repair, they may repair it or just give me back the money, which I'd prefer
The problem is, the laptop doesn't turn on, but my hard drive has all my personal files and shit. I don't think I can send it without a drive, it probably would need Windows to boot but at the same time I don't want any of my details on there if I'm not going to get it back

Attached: 1504612889623.png (800x450, 282K)

You can get a Raspberry PI and flash a modified firmware to the monitor chipset. I have done it before, definitely doable but you are risking damaging your monitor, both long term or short term. I would research first, there's a handful of monitor that are Freesync compatible but never advertised as such, and generally come with it disabled. You can enable the feature in most cases, the method depends on the brand and the monitor itself.

Probably because your phone has data tampering protection. it encrypts the data when the device is shut down. Similar to what Samsung Knox does.

Assuming you have a decent processor with a generous amount of cores, the multi-bus will probably be the fastest option. Just to be sure, boot into a Linux Live CD and make sure your main storage device isn't mounted and do the formatting from the Live CD session.

Flash a non-pajeet ROM.

Is there such a thing as a non-smart 4K TV? I'm really considering getting a new TV around 40 inches but I don't want WiFi in it and I don't want a smart TV because I don't trust the shit.

I would suggest you reseat your RAM. If you have a kit, just try the test using one stick and viceversa, to find the offending stick. It sounds like a RAM problem but who knows, you might have cooked your CPU.

The general business model of most websites is to sell your attention to advertisers. In case you're confused because most people arent "directly affected" by adds - the primary purpose is to build subconscious associations with brands and lower the inhibition towards a future purchase from vague recognition. In a way, it's like forcing a meme but less obvious, since people subtly relay and reinforce the recognition in day-to-day life.

What are you talking about? So you say Low Level Programming makes you sound like a loser and you lose your focus because of that? Low level programming is one of the few non-cucked fields of CS that remain. Get checked for autism. You might have a case of the good ol' 'tism.

>I wonder how can you even live with such low amounts of brain matter.

Attached: whatamireading.jpg (613x533, 33K)

Maybe if you used a search engine, you would know.

>what the fuck do I do
Get admin permissions.

Fire up an Android VM and create your gulag account there.

It is all fun and games until you find your data missing or corrupted. I would say, do you really value your data? If you don't, proceed to set your NAS without RAID.