I hate Linux but I cant stop using it.I am addicted but I dont know why...

I hate Linux but I cant stop using it.I am addicted but I dont know why.I want to install all (as many as I can) packages even when I will never use them.I check Distrowatch everyday.Help.

Attached: Untitled.png (237x210, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

devuan.org/
wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hate Linux too but it's less retarded than Windows so I keep using it.

A thread died for THIS

Btw I tried 6 distros last month. Am I ok?

Yes. You are about to discover different kinds of Linux, and then stick to one or make one by yourself.

Which one do you use?

user, it's time to take the final redpill

install

gentoo

format hdd and install windows 10.
after 3 days you will try to commit suicide but you should hang on for a week more. after that you format your hdd again and install debian stable. you are cured!

Kubuntu, since I'm casual, and I like playing old abandonware games with old consoles emus.

Install Gentoo

I'm serious, channel your obsession into learning how it actually works. You'll either
A) kill off your obsession
B) understand how to fix configuration and other problems
Even if it's B, and you're still obsessed at least you'll have tried to cure yourself, and you won't flounder around like a know-nothing

desu I really like it maybe I will give Debian another chance

Devuan if you want to avoid systemd
devuan.org/

systemd is ok (for me)

hey, i just cured the man!

..and don't make frankenstein of it.

eeh frankenstein? (I dont get it)

Use Slackware.

It honestly sounds like you should install gentoo.

package hoarder

>*ubuntu
>kubuntu instead of kde neon

they are both the same really
neon just comes mostly clean and thus is a tad more stable

wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian

Don't make a FrankenDebian

Debian Stable should not be combined with other releases. If you're trying to install software that isn't available in the current Debian Stable release, it's not a good idea to add repositories for other Debian releases. The problems might not happen right away, but the next time you install updates.

The reason things can break is because the software packaged for one Debian release is built to be compatible with the rest of the software for that release. For example, installing packages from buster on a stretch system could also install newer versions of core libraries including libc6. This results in a system that is not testing or stable but a broken mix of the two.

Repositories that can create a FrankenDebian if used with Debian Stable:

Debian testing release (currently buster)

Debian unstable release (also known as sid)

Ubuntu, Mint or other derivative repositories are not compatible with Debian!
Ubuntu PPAs

What about the Signal apt repo?