DuckDuckGo Removes ‘Pirate’ Site Bangs to Avoid Liability

>archive.fo/2BwDc
>The privacy centered search engine DuckDuckGo has cleaned up its bangs database. In the process, the company also removed several search shortcuts for 'pirate' sites, to avoid potential liability issues. The removed bangs include those of the popular torrent sites The Pirate Bay and 1337x, as well other resources such as Sci-Hub and OpenSubtitles.
what now, Jow Forums?

Attached: 517b256a-d835-48d1-af95-d3284a25482e.png (699x896, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/duckduckgo.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

type the url into your url bar instead of searching the name retard

People use ddg?

(((DuckDuckGo)))

Take the Yandex pill already.

Duckduckgo is a botnet. Use startpage

Go to the pirate bay or whatever shit site you use. Is it really that hard?

Right? Who gives a shit about bangs?

Anything that wants to have users in the EU will probably have to do the same, and remove links to the sites from their results entirely.

it's convenient sometimes to search dois in scihub from my ddg search bar in ff

This, using duckduckno in 2018

Serves you right for using CuckCuckGo.

>Qwant
I use to use it till i switched to ddg then later to startpage. It's a "privacy" centered search engine. Has a lighter weight version incase you hate its ui.

Attached: Untitled-design-32-760x400.png (760x400, 31K)

just add your own search providers and set !whatever as its shortcut in your browser. works fine with firefox

i love bangs for the sites i use

isn't yandex a slav botnet?

slav botnet can't touch me
american botnet can though

What is the best search engine in terms of privacy?

Attached: best-search-engine-670x335.jpg (670x335, 59K)

Bing is the official Jow Forums search engine.

>search engine
>privacy

Speak for yourself. It's not that bad, though.

hell no, cp can be found therefore it's bad

Any engine that based gets my vote

What's a bangs?

check picture, tard

>CuckCuckJew
use Qwant, Qwant lite, searx or startpage

Attached: 1530001140244.jpg (600x456, 298K)

How does it feel to be a complete idiot?

>current year
>not maintaining your own web crawler
oh sweetie

>OpenSubtitles
literally why
fuckfuckyo

redpill me on qwant

still better than an Israeli botnet.

who /startpage/ here?

>not maintaining your own searx instance with qt anime girls in the cover

they probably sell it to ((them)) anyway

based retarded israeli astroturfer

DDG via its onion site.

How does Jow Forums feel about searx?

searx.me & startpage >>>> duckduckgo

That being said, I still use it since they both give me some really shitty results.

>startpage
>pays google to use their search engine
>money to pay google comes from . . . ?

it is based and privacypilled

>duckduckgo
you are aware that site mines more data than Google. whoever uses uckduckgo because of privacy reasons is a Literl retard.

the sole fact that it is hosted in the US should be enough to not use it but even if the owner of ddg is a KNOWN DATA MINER you fucking idiots

>googling torrent sites

do you not have a plugin that searches any selection of sites on your torrent client? Why would you want to actually visit those infested sites, just look at the scripts being ran on some of them.

t. brainlet with no evidence

you Know daniel Weinberg? clearly not. this has been public knowledge since a decade.

also ddg is a us service. Whatever they say is irrelevant they have to log everything by US law else they aren't allowed to operate. go make a search engine inside us territory and look at what you are legally forced to log or you won't get a license. You will shoot your self afterwards for using ddg. Though if you are currently inside the US it is irrelevant anyway what you use. Even if you use european services the us will just catch your data before it goes to trustable eu servers.

sadly he is right. this used to get posted weekly here because Mr. Weinberg paid lots and lots of shillswto Sponsor ddg on here because Jow Forums iseres are the prime target for something like ddg. and then the data gets broked to multiple companies. contrary to Google which has that much money that it could.t care less.

if you use ddg you are part of the problem and worse than someone using Google. the bangs are not a reason to use ddg because both chrome and Firefox have this functionality integrated for literally any webpage you want

keyword advertising

spyware.neocities.org/articles/duckduckgo.html

I mean generally i woukdnt Trust random links on the Internet. but he said it himself.
Though how this guy only says “possible“ spyware beyond my understanding

since ddg was proven multiple times to sell user data to way shadier customers and for way less money than google

no, those sound like unsubstantiated claims.
i *am* aware that they make a lot of effort to avoid collecting data, for example having no unique cookies, no user accounts, a html-only search and a tor hidden service. if data mining were of benefit to them, why would they make it so hard for themselves?

the simplest explanation is the easiest: they don't collect data because that is not their business model.

no botnet is better than another. fucking hell, god help us all if we've reached a level where we're comparing the trust levels of botnets.

are you delusiknaql or a shill?
the other guy literally just posted a link which explains how ddg collects data while it doesn't declare it collecting the data. Google declared every single but they mine out of you. in Addition i gave you the name of Mr. Weinberg who is the official registrant of the ddgname who operated a Data mining broker previously. Those are all public knowledge and you even have evidence that you yourself can check on still you shill for ddg?

you must either be the dumbest person on the planet or Mr. we inberg must be paying you shitton of rupees

and for the sake of argument let's assume everyone here is lying and talking bullshit.You are aware ddg is hosted in the us? now go look what a us service provider is LEGALLY FORCED to Know about its users and what it is LEGALLY FORCED to log about you and your queries.

why the fuck would OpenSubtitles be included in that
it's just a subtitle site, no actual content is provided that could be seen as protected by copyright

dude seriously are you 12?

Look at what Kind of people atttacts ddg by saying “privacy preserving Non tracking“? exactly those kind of people that the government wants to track right. so they can assume the average ddg user to understand how mist basic tracking works (which you apparently Font).

this is called a honeypot you idiot.
the sad part about it is that their tracking code isn't even hidden well. and if you thin the onion domain servers privacy purposes and not to deanonymize dumb useres like you you not only don't understand how biometrics work but have literally no clue about tracking. in which case just go use Google.

I checked up on Weinberg and it is true that he is the legal owner of ddg and used to own a company whose sole purpose was data mining (look it up yourself).

also if you analyze the ddg code you will see they have tracking pixels and web bugs literally all over their webpage. again if you don't believe me just visit ddg searxh for something and look at the source.

I for sure won't ever use this honeypot ever again.

also the onion addredd is an adnittingly clever way of getting tor usered real identity again just look at the code its all there.

Why are you typing like that

literally the only thing i used it for

How good is Qwant? I looked into it and still has bangs, but less comprehensive than DDG. I'm also looking into Searx but it doesn't have bangs.

use Qwant or Qwant Lite retard

more like goygoygo amirite

Back to /tech/ you go

>Liability
>for literally not even an URL
I hate this world

The problem is that often pirate sites change their link. How will I be able to search them now?

besides, Russia and NATO are friendly enough to interchange data when they want something in return.

A tor instance of searX

steps to find
Qwant then SearX then Startpage then YANDEX then ddg

You will still be able to find them in search results. You just won’t be able to use !tpb to quickly enter a query from DDG’s search bar.

Oy vey! Give me back my subtitles goyim!

Attached: 1543930147642.png (532x557, 18K)

Subtitles are definitely covered by copyright

There's this thing called tribbler that's basically kazaa over TOR. It's as awful as it sounds, but at least it doesn't involve some company in your media searching habits.

To make people with that opinion seem stupid, so they are ignored more readily.

I don't give a fuck about your opinion, the only botnet I don't like is the Jewish botnet. The other guy is right about Russia exchanging with Israel but I couldn't care less about being spied on by the Chinese, because at least they're not a retarded democracy and I like the country.

Am I the only one annoyed that they simple sum up torrentsites in the article? It is like serving it up on a silver plate but you're not really allowed to eat it by law.