/hpg/ - Headphone general

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __rosehip_girls_und_panzer_drawn_by_pas_paxiti__b474a4e3cebce6440cc52e72bb57a1d5.jpg (744x827, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-topping-dx3pro-dac-and-headphone-amp.4967/page-35#post-122296
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for click-chan

second for beyerheiser sr-l700

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Topping DX3 Pro click situation update:
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-topping-dx3pro-dac-and-headphone-amp.4967/page-35#post-122296

Attached: 1543546608437.png (1920x1080, 1.58M)

hd600 and click-chan, same as u ;3

if i like V shape like the sony 7506 will i like the senny hd650 over the hd600?

>more anime trash as usual

Time to go gym, I'll be back when someone that isn't fat, ugly, or 40 and is a pedophile starts the thread

DT1990 posters I'll be waiting.

Attached: 1530048786355.jpg (696x498, 42K)

7506 is mild V but neutral overall. HD600 is closer in overall response to the 7506 but lacks the sub-bass boost found on the 7506. It's tough to recommend any specific headphone but can you audition any? HD650 has more bass but less upper mids and treble.

anime website

Post bodyweight, bodyfat percentage, lifts and headphones so I can judge you.

Except I don't have mine yet, and by the looks of it I won't be able to try it until late January as I'll be off to Tokyo for vacation purposes later this week.
Feeling better after the aspirin+sleep. Plans for the night include dinner watching slime, and preparing for the trip.
7506 has some coloring to it and sucks in several ways, but it isn't vshaped. It's quite neutral. You'll like HD600. I have both, and the HD600 outclasses it by a couple orders of magnitude, to say it nicely.

Attached: 1542101134123.png (640x900, 905K)

Go away.

Attached: 1522541653466.png (354x354, 94K)

>gym

let me guess you are also gay?

This will be my final post here.
Final thoughts on recent purchase:
DT 770 were okay. Unfortunately the bass wasn't that great, probably because they were 250 ohms. I'm guessing these were made to be used for in studio and require flat EQ. Again, these are literally SHP9500s except more damp, sound doesn't leak, and tiny bit more bass. TINY BIT.

so hi-fi is pronounced like hai fai but i heard it like hai fee somewhere maybe from some dumb fuck irl and i didn't question it because the fi is short for fidelity. is hai fee completely wrong like not even as an alternative or even as a somewhat common mistake?

did you use any amp or you just plug it in your comp/phone?

>HD650 has more bass but less upper mids and treble.
What an elegant way of saying that they sound veiled.

BUY THE VERTO!!!

Attached: vertochan.jpg (1401x1541, 174K)

are you running them off an amp?

or how on the big bang theory sitcom the guy made fun of the syfy channel name change like it should be pronounced like seefee

Amp, phone, laptop, and a casio keyboard.

is it working?

Attached: Capture.png (425x516, 19K)

howtofixhpg.png

Attached: 1336492404328.jpg (1912x1076, 100K)

The single point of breaking for me has always been the fucking audio cable, so I have been looking for lists of headphones with replacable cables.

There are no fucking lists. Am I the only one who cares about this or am I missing something?

Also, good headphones in that category under 200$?

Buy St@x please or i wont get a 5% commission and won't be able to feed my children :((

Fill out the form in the OP, most of the recommended headphones in here use a detachable cable

take better care of your shit you fucking slob

and in a stupid fiction book in school there was a character called fi and i pronounced it like fai but that was wrong apparently because it's short for fiona

Best amp for under $100 for sub $300 headphones?

Attached: 1542124311239.jpg (980x653, 173K)

buy a used stax

Best Amp or DAC/Amp to run use DT1990 with computer

Atom

sure thing

Attached: Capture.png (423x232, 12K)

I literally am m8. Maybe it is because I have a laptop and am laying in bed though

>i literally am
>broken cords
No you fucking aren't.

delete this pls

Attached: -5.jpg (1121x1138, 839K)

Then tell me how you do it m8

what art is this called, I like the colors.

I'm going to need a full pic to verify that this is a trap

>Budget
200$
>Location
Austria
>Source
My PC. If I get a better headphone for the same price that only has more esoteric jacks I am very willing to spend money on a soundcard though (does not factor into the price of headphone)
>Type of headphone
full-sized
>Open or closed
I don't really know what is best for me desu. I just want good sound
>Comfort level
High. I had only cheap ones yet but with every single one of them either the top of my ears or the top of my head started hurting. So I would like a light one, no bluetooth or stuff like that
>Sound signature
I like a little bit of additional bass, but not much I guess
>Past headphones
Cheapo. I do know what good sound is though and have a very fine ear

Which one?

Can you afford K712?

Which one what? Thre's only one.

Turns out its a fat bitch and that dot is not her nipple, but a belly button.

It's too big. I need something smaller.

Attached: $_86-1.jpg (768x1024, 115K)

How important is the source when listening to music?
Like, will music sound different if your headphones are connected to your laptop vs your phone, or is it all the same?

The recording matters most. Behind that is EQ and then headphones. Sources don't matter at all (codecs, amp, DACs)

Save up for Stax

lol you got rused. i bet you cant find this one though

Attached: 1540249513781.jpg (979x1086, 177K)

First yandex result, chunli

or this one :^)

jbs atom

Attached: 1540240825499.png (456x674, 340K)

JDS Atom

Attached: 1541546433253.jpg (326x501, 116K)

>dac doesnt matter
>he doesnt listen to .flac

nice lie mix in with some truth

you literally can't tell the difference between 320 and flac

You are still bluepilled

Stax are garbage
Even $4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

I could find this one on gelbooru if I narrow down the tags but im too lazy

still mad?

Attached: 1536837741502.jpg (379x364, 20K)

depend how it was encoded. bad encoded 320kbps will sound worst.

Yeah, can you tell me something about it?

So you're admitting it's the compression and not the format. Absolutely brainlet tier posts

>says codec doesnt matter when it does
>suddenly he says it does matter at a certain format (320)

Also DAC isn't a meme.

I can use a distortion filter to make my songs sound like ass (kanye) and then release them on FLAC. I can compress them too for the purpose of winning the loudness war and also release it in FLAC. There's no difference between a filter used in production and compression settings in post production, it's a dumb strawman. Codecs don't matter, shitty recordings and production does. There's no difference between the studio doing it or the end user, it still has nothing to do with the codec.

God you are so low IQ it hurts

B-BUT IT DOES MATTER
*listens to horribly mastered weeaboo garbage*

There's no audible difference between 192 and flac. One allows for compression that can be abused the other doesn't.

>says dac and amp dont matter
>listening to kanye
>not low IQ

let me guess you listen to hd600?

Hd600 owners wouldn't sink as low as to listen to kanye you pleb.

I've listened to kanye once like 6 months ago to see why people like him I didn't even know who he was until the MTV memes came out about him

320 isn't a format you retard.

here's my setup idol trash

Attached: IMG_0097.jpg (4032x3024, 1.49M)

His earlier stuff is good. He fell off after 808, dont bother listening to anything past that album.

Why would I listen to him? I can see why people like him in the context of time but I can't see why anyone would enjoy his music for any other reason than nostalgia

>schiit

buy speakers not headphones reeeeeee

Attached: reeeee.jpg (457x439, 34K)

how bad is audeze crinkle?

(Not thw guy ypu replied to) Debatable. Depends on so many factors. But for peace of mind i never wanna go lower than 256kbps. Ideally just flac.

`nice setup user, throw away shiit stuff and you are good to go, also kyouko best girl ever

NIce setup, user!
Slime10's nice so far.

Attached: 1528244373551.png (1920x1080, 1.45M)

>magni
>dell
>worst yuri yuri
>boku shit

see me afterclass/10

*earspeakers

Why?

I actually go for flac if I can because it's less likely to be a retardo recording but there's no technical reason for one being superior to another
Pretty bad. enough to make you think you'll pop it everything you take it off

Logitech mouse without the led's on, all-black keyboard, mature setup, but still fun with the wallpapers. This is a guy with taste.

I can easily tell you only go by meme recommendations
>Faggot anime
>Schiit
>memeheiser
>lsr 305
at least you bought 20 good things

>cleaning my X2 with rubbing alcohol
>touch the headband
>cloth turns pitch black
>the paint is coming off
>and there's sticky shit below it that appears to be some sort of glue
>this is labeled as genuine leather band
>paint is half gone from the metallic parts
>screws on both cups have unfastened time ago so they're wobbling
>had them for just 6 months
chinkfi tier, do not buy

>20 good things

dude there isn't even 20 things in the picture LMAO

can you post a picture

Move the magni to where the modi is, put the modi under where it currently is or hide it/disconnect it because it is trash. Embarrassing desu.

>t. triggered stax incel

Also, lol @ that pot on the magni 3. Quality schiit.

Thoughts on the Beyer T5p? Is it better than the 1770?

>every part is replaceable
>non-detachable cable
What did they mean by this?

Attached: 35B964BD-14AF-47DB-8C64-98C70C3FE73A.jpg (1536x2050, 632K)

>he only owns dynamic headphones

Attached: staxpunch.png (785x757, 296K)

To be fair the cable connectors are replaceable

Keyword nearly. Although i never have a problem with cables breaking unless its super cheap and flimsy like the HD 600 one

ill take that as a yes

Attached: pepe_meme'd.jpg (803x688, 141K)

Beyers, at least the cheaper models, are notorious for the cable detaching from the solder. You can get one for $50 on eBay every month or two. Plenty of stories of people getting beyers for free if you look it up. Same goes for akgs and sonys

Why are frog posters autistic?
I know a guy at work who talks about frogs and he's pretty autistic. That's literally how I few everyone who posts frogs.

How do you feel about people who post both frogs and anime?