Every site now takes at least half a minute longer to load because they're using so much data to host ads

>Every site now takes at least half a minute longer to load because they're using so much data to host ads
>Even and especially the most used sites like Youtube, etc.
>News sites are so digitally infested they freeze/crash your browser and are basically unusable
>The end of pagination means everyone has gotten onto this fucking retarded kick of making every webpage 10 miles long and literally unloadable (thanks, dev retards (Note: NEVER EVER listen to devs. Ever.))
>Search engines literally don't even work anymore. They just serve ads masquerading as results.
Wow technology always progresses! Seriously though, we literally live in the age of the death of technology.

Attached: i9j5ynegzll11.jpg (700x1123, 67K)

I can feel your pain.

You need to learn to just get over it. IMO the problem is that we want to see more in technology than what it is. A news page? Good for humanity and your knowledge. No, it is only a kraken of ads.
Technology is only a tool. I struggle with this, too. But there are some simple self-imposed rules that help:

1. Do not invest anymore time, anymore money than what is needed to do what really needs to be done.
2. Do not follow technology (esp. trends).
3. Do not think about it.
4. Take dedicated time to get information about tech that is needed to do 1. and then proceed with 3.

Really, this makes you free in world of tech zombies who think that 4k or 5g or front cameras matter.

>kraken of ads
Nice.

It's just going to keep getting worse until fascists inevitably use neo-fuedalism to implode the human species.

>Technology is only a tool
Exactly. Tech can't save humanity because humans were always the problem, not the tech or lack thereof.

>4. Take dedicated time to get information about tech that is needed to do 1. and then proceed with 3.
Yeah, sounds nice, except nothing works anymore. For many endeavors there are simply no usable solutions anymore, when there were only 5-10 years ago. Literal regression.

>For many endeavors there are simply no usable solutions anymore, when there were only 5-10 years ago.
True. But it is not coming back. No chance. Centralization and the revelation of monopolism by the name of google, apple and microsoft in the net has destroyed it for those who used it the best. I cannot believe that I cannot find stuff with google anymore. But the alternatives are even worse. And there is nothing that one can do about this.

It is
>Literal regression.

The golden age of the internet has passed my friend...

mid 00s was the fucking bomb...wild wild west in those days...

Fucking plebs. Fucking Apple. Fucking capitalism. Everything needs burned down now.

No. Do not show that agony. You need to not care.

I need to use fucking computers.

Then just do so. But do not think about it. Do not waste any time on them.

>neo feudalism
>fascist
Ahahahahahahahahahano. Thats the libertarian endgoal my friend.

UH OH FAG ALERT! Looks like somebodies been THINKING TOO MUCH. DOn't worry, I'll help your thread be less gay by posting this

Attached: 4channel.jpg (1280x960, 104K)

>stop thinking
>stop caring
What cult is this?

Just build your own web crawler dude
It's not that hard
Only takes 3 days to get a copy of the internet backed up

You mean mid-90's.

Halt and Catch Fire made me miss that era. Something magical about how computers were getting super fast and the internet was "brand new" and nobody had an idea of what to do with it yet.

It's not a cult, but moreso showing that having an emotional detachment to an ever changing industry can be healthy. I'm not going to love or hug the compiler or watch my programs grow up and go to college. They are just tools. Save the emotion for cultivating real world relationships.

Attached: 1542060569393.jpg (1440x1080, 118K)

>it's not a cult
That's what a cult leader would say!

Let me introduce you to Lynx. Runs out of a terminal and only downloads text so you don’t have to worry about ads or other bloat. Of course if it’s not useful if you want media but I find it nice for browsing articles because there’s little distractions and vi-keybindings make it easier to move around.

If you hate what capitlist companies are doing to tech move to open l-source alternatives. A lot of them do need tinkering to get started but if you’re willing to fuck with them and learn how to use them it’s beneficial in the long run.

All these proprietary companies through so much bloat in useless flashy animations that slow everything down. Open-source programs tend to avoid this (or at the very least you can find open-source alternatives that do.)

Yeah, I know. They're all just synonyms. But don't be mistaken. That's where we are and where we are only headed further in the future.

>Just build all software, hardware and infrastructure yourself. Simple!

>despite more powerful hardware it's slower to load a website in 2018 than it were in the 90s
JUST

remember when you could write a question on google and find relevant results? something like "how to use x without causing y"
Now it's just
>15 top reasons for choosing x
>13 reasons y isn't so bad

Don't forget literally just sites that are basically ads.

>The end of pagination means everyone has gotten onto this fucking retarded kick of making every webpage 10 miles long and literally unloadable (thanks, dev retards (Note: NEVER EVER listen to devs. Ever.))
Better than the current trend of making a single article 10 separate web pages for even more ads

That's less of a tech problem and more of a clickbait problem

It's a tech problem when google's algorithms favor ad money instead of information.

That's pretty awful too.

It's a capitalism problem and a techdouche problem.

As hardware has become stronger the urge to optimize software has become weaker. It used to matter when a program used kilobytes of RAM and now programs shamelessly have memory leaks out the ass.

Sure, and it's not even possible to use sites with noscript nowadays. Actually, most "modern" sites are purely javascript, lol.

>he doesn't use Jow Forums as his sole source of news, information, and entertainment

For shame

Attached: 1542051715568.jpg (4011x2100, 3.73M)

Most add-ons that remove all the annoyance from modern browsing make a large part of the internet literally unbrowsable because these corporate hacks are cancering up all their fucking sites with the ad shit.

I hope nobody unironically does this.

just use noscript and adblockers you coper

Why are the colors between the windows logo and chrome logo so simliar? I can kind of under it because humans only have red green and blue color sensors in our eyes, but why yellow? Did Google just want to channel the colors of the "old monopoly" to themselves or is there more to it?

Yeah and then sites don't work at all. I do use adblock, but fucking noscript just plain shuts have the internet fucking down because it's more cancer than web at this point.

>Did Google just want to channel the colors of the "old monopoly" to themselves
Probably exactly that. Google is literally a gateway to hell.

*half

>not using firefox which has built in content and tracking blocker which makes webpages load (meanly) 50% faster than all of those Google based botnets

Thats because those big companies uses terrible brand designers that just follows design trends of the year, wait until 2 years more and you will find those colors oldschool again

Only when my ancient version of FF can't load content. You know why? Because it sets my computer on fire to load 3 fucking tabs and takes a full minute to do it.

End. Google.

Chrome I mean does this. Fucking FF I can have 200+ tabs open in running faster than Chrome. I use FF for everything.

>he fell for the 16gb ram is enough for users meme
Similarly w10 also pretty much requires a SSD to be usable.

Latest chromium and ff are both ballpark similar performance. Theyre both kinda shitty but not as bad as a couple years ago.

bro I save my sessions constantly meaning I generally have over 2000 tabs open. Firefox still is fluent not even a single fps lag. chrome does after like 100 tabs at most

what people don't get is that chrome is considerably slower but simply feels faster. psychology has a lot do with this and Google knows how to psychologically engineer you while Mozilla doesn't. If you counted time though Firefox would win in every case so was everywhere . especially with servo upcoming. servo is by far the fastest engine I have ever witnessed. everything is a little piece of shit compared to it.

>Latest
Nigger I'm using like Firefox flint weapon, pre-fire edition.

>Chrome
>100 tabs
That's a fire hazard, user.

Wein chrome os considerably slower. the problem is that Google knows psychology while Mozilla does not. If you compare the actual timings they will be relevant (obviously in microseconds but still noticeable )

it is like with Windows Vista where people thought it was terribly slow at copying files while it actually was faster than all previous os just because of ui decisions and the way the formulas were calculated though a human had the feeling that it was considerably slower than it actually was.

also even if both chrome and ff were at the same level that would automatically Suggest to use ff over chrome since chrome is Google who owns most of the Internet. also Firefox Content blocking is unrivaled (yet)

Actually, it's more likely Google just paid Mozilla to gradually destroy FF. I remember watching it happen and the devs acting LITERALLY exactly the way bought politicians act about policies nobody wants. I call fucking shenanigans. FF was literally too good for this world.

this is wrong. Firefox is open source also you can measure the time loading. if Google wanted to destroy Mozilla they'd pay Mozilla to not roll out content blocking brcause Firefox Content blocking not only blocks Google ads but blocks pretty much everything Google related that is not first party (ie search and YouTube eg).

also look at how fast servo is . it is literally insane. and servo ill get integrated into ff.

also no one will fight against Firefox ever because tor browser is based on it and 90+% of tor funding comes from US military

>open source
When will these meme die?

>if Google wanted to destroy Mozilla
They would have done literally exactly what they did: make all extensions unusable, which was the core selling point of the browser.

>lets Quote only the Part I am comfotrable with replying too

bro you'd make a very good US politician.

also your second argument is again brainlet shut. userchrome is a literal brsinlet Filter alleinig to modify the ui however you want.
also all chrome extensions run without modification under Firefox but not vice versa.

and yes Firefox being open source I'd a meme because I didn't just compile it from source the other day.

also fun.y how you just ignored the part about servo and content blocking. You are either a troll (a good one indeed), a shill (a bad one), or just a plain idiot.

It's ok to be angry when your tools don't work