Mkg -autism edition

mkg -autism edition
need new pastebins since old ones are outdated
last thread

Attached: Lego Keyboard.jpg (894x772, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/what-i-learned-from-steve-jobs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Back when I was a student, I had Steve Jobs over for a fireside chat. When I asked my childhood hero if he would sign my Apple Extended keyboard, he looked a little surprised to see Woz’s signature already there, and then he exclaimed “This keyboard represents everything about Apple that I hate. It’s a battleship. Why does it have all these keys? Do you use this F1 key? No.” And with his car keys he pried it right off.

Alan Deutschman reported the moment in his book, culminating in Jobs' comment: “I’m changing the world, one keyboard at a time.”

I did, thank you user. You are the OP we need, but not the one we deserve

Here, I fixed it for you

>Genera
You had one job.

It was never broken to begin with.

>old pastebins
kill yourself faggot

dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/what-i-learned-from-steve-jobs/

it's real

Attached: 1534735652299.jpg (400x346, 80K)

lmao was steve jobs a HHKB fag?

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

Most of the pre 2000s internet were HHKB fags. Even linux magazine gave that keyboard a prefect score

what about it

Apple was well ahead of the times back when Steve was in charge. Now it's all about playing catch up

Attached: Apple 60%.jpg (675x900, 44K)

what a legend

Attached: kek.gif (350x262, 841K)

So why aren't you using the official Jow Forums keyboard?
You aren't poor? right?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-03 Happy Hacking Keyboard Linux Journal.png (2543x3717, 959K)

it stinks

is it built on FOSH?

>poor
My case and PCB cost more than that

nigger my 1$ rubberdome keyboard is probably the same as that except that it doesnt have a whole bunch of keys missing and can only do 2kro.

Pure poorfag cope

>trying to justify spending 200x more than what i spent on the same thing

i mean you're right
that money is better spent on actual hardware like more RAM, better CPU, more efficient PSU, etc
keyboards are just about the last thing that a person should think about upgrading

honestly a dz60 with aliaz/zilents is better. you get an actual plate and QMK is something you can't go back from

so why doesn't your keyboard then?

tfw want to save up for a 32 core threadripper

that's a quintessential poor man's post. with that great logic why should people spend more on things like food. you can live fine off of beans and milk heck why stop there, why not go full communist, though you'd probably like that you stupid commie.

the only advantage a topre keyboard has over my rubber dome one is that it has nkro while mine only has 2kro

that one isn't topre tho, look at the date

but isnt it basically the same thing just that its missing a whole bunch of keys?

the original HHKB was very different from the modern topre version in construction. Also the main reason for the high cost was that they had to get certified by Apple and Sun and pay them a royalty in order to sell their keyboard.

>180$ for like 50 keys
what a meme

That's in 1998 monies

60 to be exact

Playing catch-up isn't exactly what I was thinking. Their ambition is certainly still there but I doubt Tim Cuck is as much of a faggot as Jobs was about things.

>Jobs hated fans
>Jobs hated stylus
>Jobs hated everyone but him
>Jobs wouldn't name is kid Rainbow

so like 1800$ jesus christ

To be fair, the fucking m0116 layout is fucking beautiful. I agree, aek ii is fucking yuge

Attached: Apple_(Standard)_Keyboard_M0116.jpg (1920x760, 121K)

Guys! I Think I just solved how to get arrow keys on a 60% keyboard.

When do I get my award?

Attached: keyboard-layout.jpg (830x290, 49K)

Original poker did it better to be honest.

Attached: 6d08895d.jpg (1620x1080, 223K)

I hope you mean caps wasd, cause that bottom right looks awful.

I don't know, I feel like arrowkeys should not be hidden behind a layer and the bottom left area barely gets used anyways since it has dubs on the left. Also I feel by muscle memory the arrow keys should always stay on the right

why did they call it poker, what do keyboards have to do with poker?

DHL just confirmed my GK64 from kbdfans with Aliaz 70g is out for delivery. First mech, can't wait. Doesn't have QMK which is the only downside, but I was more concerned with the hotswap switches and the USB C that it did have at the price (Tada68 has neither)

The poker could lock those bottom right modifiers to be dedicated arrows. You'd just press fn + space to switch.

what's the cheapest gateron clear mk?

>he pried it right off.
what did he mean by this?

the tada68 works with QMK

Anyone like Salmons alps more than orange alps or am I just a fucking uncultured degenerate?

Attached: Alps_SKCM_Salmon_switches.jpg (483x363, 24K)

post plunger too

that's p.good

Yeah I know, that was what nearly swayed m, but ultimately hotswap + USB c won for me. They've got preorder now on the kbd67 with USB which probably would have been perfect, but I didn't want to wait and didn't want to spend any more than I already did.

I don't which means you're going to hell.

wow
unlike vyou i actually use the numpad

Apple was only good with steve jobs though. As soon as he originally left apple tanked until they wanted him back. Macs during his era were built the best. Ecc ram and all

Not everyone is an office clerk. Even IBM new this in the 80s and made TKL versions of their keyboards.

They made those for server rack admins, so they didn't have to lug around big keyboards in small areas. They weren't made for hobbyists or autists who like to match colourful keycaps with their tranny socks.

we went though the same shit last yea, a faggot deleting the header without providing replacement, this faggotry will last several weeks you will get tired and regulars will put the same pastes, end of the discussion.

Just do a build with a DZ60 PCB breh, ez 60% with arrows
Of course the true /mkg/ patrician has his arrow keys on a function layer under hjkl, so dedicated arrow keys are unnecessary

Attached: WaterhouseJW_Ophelia.jpg (1559x979, 333K)

That wasn't the only use tho. Most of their SSKs were given to schools who didn't need a number pad

Attached: 4zrLFiQ_d.jpg (640x463, 33K)

It was this year dummy, and there's another thread. How can you be even lazier then the OP you stupid Mexican.

That's funny since IBM made the model M for hobbyists and even included colorful keycaps in the box.

So you're telling me if I buy a used one, there's a big chance some American kid slobbered all over it at one point in time?

is kailh box jade the only option if i want an mx-compatible clicky switch that will be actually tactile and won't sound like shit?
I think that mx blues are okay, but the tactility is rather weak and the sound of them is hideous.

oh, i also forgot that i like the weighting of MX Blues, 50-60 cN is perfect for me.

Those were all destroyed as per protocol. Most of the ones left are either home computers or admins.

People need to stop fucking with other keys to get the arrow keys on small boards. Just use another layer with hjkl/wasd/esdf.

WHO the FUCK split the thread? Now I don't know which to post in

REEEEEEEEEEE

shut the fuck up nigger broccoli i don't give a shit, eat my balls

Just post in both. This general is shit anyway

Girls like you shouldn't have balls it's not normal. Go have a doctor check that growth

The other thread just died and this one is on the verge of dying. The previous unsplit /mkg/ stayed up for 3 days! FUCK thread splitters.