How to type faster?

My average speed on typeracer is 55WPM, and I want to improve it. I can't completely touch type (I need to glace down every few seconds) and I want to learn how to get to around 80+ WPM. What's the best way to go about this?

Attached: g810.jpg (1200x700, 452K)

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinetyping.org/typing-test/typing-test-wpm-10minutes.php
store.steampowered.com/app/246580/The_Typing_of_The_Dead_Overkill/
typinggames.zone/typingattack
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get gud

...learn to completely touch type?
just put something between your face and your keyboard

just type more

So essentially make it such that touch typing is my only option?

Fucking Google it

Shitpost on this website for 10 years and you'll be a pro in no time.

Attached: 1388141876047.jpg (250x238, 17K)

Play MUDs. Enough time playing a MUD and you'll be a whiz typist.

Typing at bads in bgs in wow is how I learned to type fast

It isn't your only option but it should be your first step. Beginning to learn how to completely touch type will slow you down at first but after time will help. Think of it as a foundational step.

If you want something else to focus on try to lift your fingers up as little as possible when moving between keys. This will speed you up faster than you expect. But overall just type more. Code more/write more/chat to people more ^^

Attached: 1543717763961.jpg (354x499, 44K)

buy a gaming keyboard

>I can't completely touch type (I need to glace down every few seconds)
How the hell? Are you a boomer?

I've managed to get by just fine with the way I naturally learned to type through experience, I first learned from using Minecraft text chat. I just want to take my typing to the next level so I can get really efficient with CLI apps as well as just text entry in general

Just do alot of typing.
That's how you learn where the keys are placed, so you don't have too look, you just know where they are.

im already typeracer

Made me smile

>I've managed to get by just fine with the way I naturally learned to type through experience

Apparently not if you want to improve your speed and I'm not surprised you do because 55 WPM is slow

Learn to type properly and you'll type faster. Get on the home row and use all four fingers on each hand to hit their respective keys. You shouldn't need to look down at the keyboard at any point.

I type between 90-120 words per minute and it's pretty easy if you learn how you're supposed to type.

>Minecraft
Should have been runescape, wouldn't have these problems now

MMOs made me good at typing.

selling bowstring in seers village is the only way to get good at typing

Why is there so much on typing speed all of the sudden? I mean, it's a welcome change from the normal shilling, but it's an odd change.

I've been using a keyboard for years and my max WPM was like 75. 70 WPM on average, I guess. To be honest, typing speed is convenient but overrated as fuck. Unless you're doing a brainless job you'll spend most of your time thinking instead of typing. The most intelligent programmer I know at my age range (20-24) types with only one finger on each hand. He basically does everything you ask him -- and fast.
I think he's an autistic NPC tho. Looks too robotic to me and is totally ignorant on other subejects.

use voice dictation

I'm 27 and 3 or 4 weeks ago, after many years of bad 3-finger typing habits, I decided to learn to touch type properly. I used typingtrainer.com and while I can't compare it to other trainers, it's worked well for me and seemed quite thorough in helping me associate every letter with the correct finger.
Before I was typing at about 60wpm and wanted to improve to somewhere between 70-80 as a realistic goal. Now my average on keyhero is just under 74wpm (81 being my best), my accuracy has also increased a couple percent. It's by no means transformed me into a gifted typist (I am a handlet, which probably isn't playing in my favour) but I achieved my goal of a solid improvement.
Good luck to you, user. It sucks at first and you'll be painfully slow initially, but the speed will come over time. My best advice is not to concentrate on typing quickly, but concentrate on typing accurately. Your priority is to hit the correct key, with the correct finger, in the correct order as consistently as possible.

Attached: hartman.png (780x441, 302K)

I learned touch typing properly a month ago. I had my own typing technique that was only a slight step up from hunt and peck. I got ~70-80 wpm now on type racer, practiced everyday on typeracer and other sites.

typeracer isn't the best site to start from because it gives you a limited time (which I had no idea about before this).
onlinetyping.org/typing-test/typing-test-wpm-10minutes.php
try this, it's not a good site when you get quicker because it randomly skips inputs if you type too fast, but perfect for starting out. focus on getting 100% accuracy first. to eliminate old habits try to return to the original position with all your fingers after each key press, rinse and repeat.

I can only type fast on laptop style scissor keyboards.

store.steampowered.com/app/246580/The_Typing_of_The_Dead_Overkill/

It's got a good tutorial to break those bad habits too

And bad at literally everything else.

This.

Also improved my English a lot.

Unironically this.

just found out about typeracer thanks to this thread and I am shitting on people even though im crossfaded. lmao wow. touch typing is the only way to win this shit

then i find the little cheating fucktards using voice to text. also, the apostrophe fucks me every time, as well as capitalize the first two letters of a rod due to trying to go too fast. I don't ever have this issue when typing on here, not sure why it is only manifesting during a typing race. maybe because i know the other players are little cheating fucktards that need to get shot in the face? IO can type way the fuck faster when I am angry and mad about something versus having to transcribe a sentence. Not really an accurate measure of typing speed if you have to type out something you are shown.

>im already typeracer
i wanna be genji

Have fun

typinggames.zone/typingattack

Seriously tho, been touch typing for the past 1.5 year and cannot cross the barrier of 60 wpm and thats on a good day.
What am I doing wrong, am I suppose somehow make my fingers anticipate the next letter?
Like my point finger pressing 'f' but my index already touching 'a' and my pinky already reaching for the 'g'?

Attached: BCD.jpg (827x1102, 90K)

>anticipate
Yeah that's what you're gonna learn to do. Homerow is just a suggestion and only a resting state if anything further than that. You should eventually start to type word parts as you notice your hand shaping itself to type the next few letters in your sequence.
>t. 70 wpm casual held back by shit accuracy

learn C
now I can type 100 LoC in a second

Play osrs

I learned typing the wrong way in school and always looked down at my hands, only ever reached like 40wpm. Eventually I switched to Dvorak and now I can type 110wpm. Switching layouts helped because there was nothing to look down at

now you can be a secretary

This.

Attached: video.webm (480x270, 707K)

if you are under the age of 30 and you cannot totally touch type in 2018 you are a fucking brainlet or have some form of slowly developing brain cancer because it honestly is not that hard.

well I couldn't just let a Jow Forums thread not have any consumerism in it.
I couldn't touch type and suffered from RSI, so I ponied up and got a kinesis advantage. I dropped 60wpm to 15wpm b/c ANY SPLIT BOARD (no need to get a $300 memeboard, a $20 Microsoft ergo from year 2000 will do just fine, I had specific needs) forces you to type right. It took 3 days to get to 35wpm, a week for 50wpm, and a month to 70wpm.
I loved it so much I bought a second one in mxred for school purposes (slightly quieter than brown, both with 0.4mm orings) and am currently learning dvorak. started yesterday (5wpm, now up to 15wpm, its a grind)
The way to learn touch typing is to physically never look down. Its OK to have a diagram up on screen, but never look down. Your brain will hit overdrive but you will learn.
As for programs, I like keyhero (and typeracer if I want to suffer w/ company and compare) for training wheels, but once you get to ~70wpm (in me and friends' experience) its both more time efficient and reasonable to just do work and type, as your brain starts to bottleneck at that point unless you have a very calculated mind (which neither me nor my shithead friends have).
good luck op I wish you the best for bettering yourself :)

Attached: IMG_20181204_081931.jpg (3000x3000, 727K)

You type fast enough to do almost anything you need to. (I type 90 wpm and frequently look at the keyboard.)

This, but unironically
dvorak is pretty based

practice?

"We need to get the lumber mill" - even in bgs in which no lumber mill exists, causes your team to temporarily become unretarded and do something about the objective. It's a proven fact of the game.