The New Youtube?

Are there any new (last five years) video sharing websites that you think have a chance of eventually competing with Youtube? Or at least eventually offering a service that as good as Youtube used to be?

Attached: 1539450075824.gif (352x240, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitch.tv
youtube.com/watch?v=snA4KjE9qcE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, and Youtube is better than ever.

Bitchute, Reddit if they make their own, twitter.
Vimeo and daily motion are just far too cumbersome and have already ruined their chances years ago

Better than ever? How so? Youtube hasn't had a good site update in years. The insistence on algorithmically generated content in lieu of subscriptions and browse-able "like" lists has killed the ability for small channels to gain a following. Their ad requirements also encourage samey ten minute clickbait shit.

Twitch has the infrastructure, the audience, and the enormous Amazon capital behind it to possibly compete in the future. Realistically, that's about it, and even for Amazon it definitely wouldn't be easy to go up against Google on their home turf, but they're the only ones who have any sort of chance.

Youtube own twitch you idiot.

Content is king and it has all the contenct

Uhh. Amazon owns twitch friendo.

> Google owns Amazon

Attached: 1522169897035.jpg (680x966, 102K)

>every visible channel is daily 10 minute clickbait
>just want to watch videos from my subscriptions but half of them don't even show up anymore even though I'm still subscribed
I really fucking hate everything that has happened to YouTube especially over the last 5 years or so.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitch.tv

Attached: 1541285479125.png (500x500, 106K)

fuck my ass and cum in my ass and shit in my ass and piss in my ass fuck my ass and cum in my ass and shit in my ass and piss in my ass fuck my ass and cum in my ass and shit in my ass and piss in my ass fuck my ass and cum in my ass and shit in my ass and piss in my ass 4channel is dirty nigger cum fuck my ass and cum in my ass and shit in my ass and piss in my ass fuck my ass and cum in my ass and shit in my ass and piss in my ass

>he gets the botnets mixed up

Attached: 7ECD5AA93B_preview.png (640x640, 506K)

Actually pretty easy for small channels to gain attention. A few months ago I posted a 2 minute video for a new Vegas mod I made on my 25 sub channel and it got like 15k views overnight and now sits at over 100k views. Not sure why, but youtube pushed my video.

You're getting clickbait because you like clickbait. Get better tastes.

This is correct. Zuckerburg, the creator of paypal and youtube, bought twitch from disney in 1945 when the korean war ended and canada surrendered

Youtube, as a service, is shit and has always been shit though. It's just good at being the lowst common denominator so it has massive marketshare. Stage6 Divx was better over a decade ago. Vimeo is better now. Enjoy your extreme compression.

Disagree. Have you not seen how fucking garbage the UI is?

How hard can it be to make one from scratch? The hardest part would be infrastructure and handling rapid growth.

You're a freetard, aren't you?

No, the hard part is not going bankrupt. Storage and bandwidth cost money and Youtube is giving them away for free. You need to attract advertisers to pay for it, and you need agreements with copyright holders so you don't get sued into oblivion. (You face up to $100,000 per VIEW in fines)

I just took a quick look at vimeo.
It's slow af and the search function is practically worthless, how is it better?

IPFS, somehow.

You run into the torrent seeding problem X1000 since this is shit that nobody wants to host.

d.tube use it

Vimeo recently started to change theie business model to become a stock video site.
I don't even know if you can still upload anything on there.

IPFS with some sort of economic incentive for normal users seems like the way forward. That'll be really hard to do correctly. Filecoin is interesting but requires the uploader to pay for each seeder, and requires the seeders to be online basically all the time (as they need to continually prove that they're hosting the content).

youtube channel The Hated One has a nice video on YT alternatives
> youtube.com/watch?v=snA4KjE9qcE

You might thig the channel is cringy, but it really isnt. He goes deep into topics, for example Zuckerbergs senate hearring, he investigate his ways of answering and the key points in that misinformation

I want those days to come back!

Attached: 1540109476297.jpg (540x545, 23K)