This is what accepting defeat looks like

RIP reskinned internet explorer

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-04 15-52-56.png (2286x488, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qkM6RJf15cg
browseryoulovedtohate.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

edge is shit
IE is shit

good riddance.

f

IE 11 is faster than chrome. prove me wrong.

thank god

now if they would just focus on building a windows virtualization layer for linux and throw in the towel on everything but running datacenters and services then I'd be happy

Nice, not only will it have google botnet, it will have a M$ one too.

Hot damn, it only took 23 years.

This is for you, Netscape.

Where were you when the internet became Chrome?
Personally I don't care what browser wintards use but having more non chrom* based shit is good to have around.

still shit

Attached: edge_is_shit.png (1249x773, 136K)

Damn, first Windows Phone, now Edge. What other Microsoft products will be taken over by Google?

> google botnet
> in an open source project
wew. retarded/10.

Outlook
Windows 10
Groove Music
Xbox Live

What is the point of that? So we'll only have two actual browsers? And I guess Safari but it's from the same line as Chrome

I think the point is to take advantage of the platform that everybody is currently designing websites for first and foremost.

>Chrome is draining your battery faster
Ok Chrome is good now

Wincucks are the most cucked existence on planet.

Attached: 1535908361373.png (1252x701, 421K)

We're now basically left with two rendering engines, WebKit/Blink and Gecko.
Don't get me wrong, I really hate IE, but this is quite worrisome.

I hope Mozzarella doesn't fuckup badly and inadvertently kills Gecko.

Why do people care so much about browser speed? Modern browsers on modern hardware are all plenty fast.

The point is that Michaelsoft wants a browser that people will actually use, not one that will serve only to download chrome/FF.
By making the built in browser decent, more people will use it which = more data harvesting for Microsoft.

checked

Try using Edge with 4chanX, I dare you. Go to a thread with more than 400 posts and try to upload an image. Literally impossible.

>chromium, but with candy crush

I unironically welcome this. IE and Edge are security nightmares.

What exactly is wrong with Edge? Does it support addons now?

I actually like edge...

Attached: Capt34ure.jpg (1727x1252, 194K)

There are binary blobs in the Chromium project contributed by Google which no one knows what they do. Also both Chrome and Chromium "call home" and it's encrypted. They may send URLs you visit, your browsing habbits... No one knows. You can use Ungoogled-Chromium but even that is not probably a safe bet.

Czech'd.
I don't get how one leadership can be so incompetent. They could have ruled the world by now. Their monopoly was unparalleled in the late 90s / early 00s.

>I hope Mozzarella doesn't fuckup badly
I do. Fuck nu-Mozilla.

fug, i thought plain chromium was totally open source (and botnet free). thanks for the heads up.

Do you really want a single browser to exist just to appease some personal grudge against some mentally ill people when similar mentally ill people are also staffing google (and every 'modern' tech company)? Peak retard right here.

Attached: 1540655590694.jpg (267x297, 13K)

>Do you really want a single browser to exist
I see no problem with that.
Also, not a single browser, but a single browser engine.

>single exploit target is good

Attached: 1542083082815.png (625x773, 126K)

i want lgbtqaoptaplgkavmdaofuktoa\tkaukmopoaktpoay+ free browser

>I see no problem with that.
Were you old enough to use a computer when IE held 85+% of the market share?

how do you define fast, in terms of browsers

>yfw windows becomes a gnu/linux de

debian sperged about some microphone something that got installed on it's own after a chromium install not that long ago

>I hope Mozzarella doesn't fuckup badly and inadvertently kills Gecko.
are you a time traveller? they already did

you can use current FF on pentium3 and it will still load pages the same

Who cars about 85% market share when only 50 people used the Internet outside of AOL?

Hopefully this new browser will have fading scrollbars.

Attached: image.jpg (2736x1824, 1.75M)

now firefox just needs to change webengine and then we all have a ram hogging browser, how lovely

Wouldn't that count as a monopoly? MS got into hot water for IE.

>By making the built in browser decent, more people will use it which = more data harvesting for Microsoft.
I doubt that. The first thing a normie does when they buy a new PC is open whatever the built in browser is to get back the browser that he was using before, if that browser wasn't shit, most of the time it's Chrome. Even on macOS, which has Safari, which is up to par feature wise, better for your privacy and a few other tweaks, runs Webkit, etc is not used by 90% of normies who have a Mac, they just use Chrome, and they don't even think nor care to try something else out. If Chrome suddenly had a shit update, that couldn't be fixed with some user flags, then normies would try out Firefox for example. Because at that point they wouldn't even think of the browser that's built in and they used once.

I find it funny that even diehard macfags love chrome. They did some serious magic with the marketing. "Chrome eats ram!" is seen as cute instead of annoying.

It is, as it also means that all the security efforts are focused in one place.
I was, though we used something different at our house.

nom nom nom nom! cuuuuuute

I dont know of any other modern browser that is not based on webkit/blink, so yes

You are fake news

t. A Megacorp That Doesn't Do Evil

You seem to have lost your ™ here you go, good sir.

Wait, why? Doesn't edge work much better on lower end devices? Intel Compute stick apparently has worse performance on anything that isn't edge.

>windows becomes a Linux DE
>comes with WINEdows, a WINE fork which includes proprietary shit to make everything run smoothly
Best decision they could make.

>this ad was more than 5 years ago

Attached: 54364354343.jpg (500x365, 50K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qkM6RJf15cg

browseryoulovedtohate.com

It does perform better but no one uses it. And it's more difficult to keep it updated since it only comes with feature updates.

>Doesn't edge work much better on lower end devices?

Attached: 1539157792039.webm (1500x844, 2.88M)

>includes proprietary shit to make everything run smoothly
You do know that old games run way better in Wine in most cases, right?

That shit is fucking annoying

Interesting to see people being upset because of this. As if they haven't been avoiding every Microsoft browser for the last 10 to 20 years.

Hahaha, I remember that webm from 2015.

top jej

An eyepiercing white scrollbar in a "dark themed" window is even more annoying. Again, you'd be able to turn it off. But there's no option to even turn it on.

I WANT TO DIE >:3

Attached: transferir (2).jpg (225x225, 3K)

I don't use Windows 10 at home but i'm forced to use it at work. I don't see why they couldn't just make the scrollbar adapt to the theme you're using and enable it by default.

but this is better for lower end and battery devices, if it's not re-rendering for every pixel the window is moved

user probably calls quantum just gecko. Old habits die hard

>comes with WINEdows, a WINE fork which includes proprietary shit
compatibility mode will finally work

They could do both, but that would be too much consistency in their OS.

>Microsoft embraces another open source project.
Pat yourself on the back, freetards. You did it!

Well, they are who they are.

Dude, just compile without them.

No shit, of course it's going to be faster when it doesn't render half of the documents elements and stylesheet.

>First live tv presentation of windows PnP with Bill Gates
>It just werks, just werks...
>BSOD
>ha ha ha ha *jumps chair*

Microsoft doesn't give a shit about games.
And a lot of games only run well after installing directX and dotnet components. I doubt those are open source.

this
Edge was already open source. Fuck off, micro kike.

>I see no problem with that.

NSA/FSB (same government, different groups) deposited ten shekels into your account.

I hope they don't do this, since web devs will get lazy with like 90% of the market being webkit based. It'll be back to the bad old days when the internet = Internet Explorer 6.

Kiddies love to manstruate. They don't USE the product or NEED the product, yet they snivel about what doesn't affect them.