/hpg/ - Headphone general

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1542803267409.jpg (848x1199, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/8twrgd/fyi_to_all_hifiman_sundara_owners_with_driver/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

LOL, Stax being audiophool meme confirmed

Imagine the anime braps out of that thing and those stinky socks

>google "Sennheiser employee perks"
>click first link
>????
>profit

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-04 Sennheiser electronic - Perks Portal - Shop.png (1903x835, 115K)

A new meme was born in previous threads:

Stax incel - An audiophool who got memed into buying expensive electrostatic headphones which actually sound worse than a cheap mid-fi dynamics. Being a victim of buyers Stockholm syndrome Stax incel tries to defend his choice as hard as he can, but he always fails because you can't argue with facts. Stax incel is a part of "Most Valuable Goy" meme.

Attached: 1543843201961[1].jpg (658x768, 61K)

poor incel can't read graphs

Attached: error bars are hard.png (609x512, 57K)

Triggered stax incels incoming

The graph says Stax are garbage

>3 total ips
Samefagging so hard

I would sniff her headphone feet.

To anyone considering getting a pair of m50x, or even the 40s my advice is just buy a hyper x cloud stinger. It looks retarded sure but they sound nearly exactly the same, thr benefits to the hyper x are theyre super lightweight, dont clamp hard like the m50s do, are considerably cheaper and actually go on special for pretty cheap. Plus they have a mic.

stop reposting it leddit.

everyone knows he samefags, it's beyond obvious at this point

I just wonder what it's like to wake up, get on /hpg/, and be fucking angry constantly. Boggles the mind.

>t. triggered stax incel

HD 6xx or HD58X?

Does it mean that we have only one samefagging Stax incel itt?

Nice damage control, a real Einstein we got over here.

Samefagging stax incel, is that you?

when in doubt pick stax

Sure.

Objectively garbage

not sure about this thread but there's at least 5 regulars who actually own stax

Are they all samefagging incels or what?

these stax shills dont even own stax

and just one perpetually butthurt nostaxer

>at least 5 regulars
Low ball figure desu

Dt1990s shipped today. Feels good bois

>t. triggered stax incel

like clockwork

Please stop triggering.

Stax incels are triggering each other already, lol

post your stax with timestamp if you own them

Attached: 1535301645505.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

What do I do about the fact that I'm not used to the audio signature of my new headphones? I've moved from one good quality pair to another and it's reminding me a little of that '$20 chinkbuds to $80 halfway not awful IEMs' feeling.

What's wrong nostaxer? Keep posting. You WILL do as I say, because you are my bitch.

Attached: 1484402088938.png (312x402, 572K)

Stax incels on suicide watch

Why can't I tell the difference between "audiophile" headphones? The difference is minimal that these random charts make it seem like a world of difference.

What's your favorite Phone? Right now this HE-400 is kicking ass, swear to God.

Attached: DSC01318.jpg (5184x3888, 1.01M)

that's not a HE-400

>he doesn't have the hearing of a cat

pleb

>Get on an aeroplane
>Headphones cancelling out a good chunk of the engine noise due to loud low frequencies, but vocals are nearly inaudible in turn
>You can reduce the bass to hear the vocals better but in turn hear the plane more, or keep it as is to avoid hearing outside noise
What do you do?

Attached: 1457350062811.png (242x285, 125K)

Never had that problem with sony 1000x's
alternatively, buy stax

They're all made in China. HE-4xx, admittedly. Can't get over it tho - the sound is GODLY. Stax w/Bass.

Attached: DSC01314.jpg (3888x5184, 551K)

i dont go outside and if i do i wear the ear dildo

Use deep-penetrating Etymotic ear dildos, so that I literally cannot hear anything but the music.

they actually have no bass

Attached: he400i-fr.png (800x461, 54K)

>stax
stop trolling please

Did Samson change their drivers on the SR850s in the past few years? My old ones broke so I got a new pair and they sound a lot better than my old ones, maybe im just hearing things. I also added the foam disc from the old ones and some cotton wool under the pads to make them deeper so my ears dont touch the driver. That + some minor eq quelled the upper mids and opened up the sound.

The sound is pretty juicy, decent low end with the clear mids/highs. Why the fuck do people recommend Takstar Pro82? Other than being a closed set of cans and having somewhat decent bass, they are fucking garbage.

i will once you buy stax

why would I? they sound like shit

Why do people buy $1000+ headphones if there is barely a difference at all?

snake oil

Try some stax, they sound like heaven

Attached: dislayImages2.jpg (500x500, 68K)

Sir:
I have Stax, Sony, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, and Oppo. Please come correct and Thank Me when you try them 400s!

Attached: DSC01312.jpg (3888x5184, 371K)

I feel sorry for those people.

Placebo is strong.

Buy stax.

why would you feel sorry for someone who can experience the absolute apex of fidelity?

Attached: Capture.png (424x251, 13K)

c u c k
u
c
k

Anyone tried out chinkfi sundara?

It's good, but that price point is dominated by stax.

Only if associate heaven with shit lol

Why do I have to be the one to point this out? HIFIMAN SUNDARAS WILL BREAK. HIFIMANS IN GENERAL BREAK BUT EVEN MORE SO WITH SUNDARAS AND 500s

STOP ASKING ABOUT HIFIMANS

I hope I resolved your question

But stax themselves are dominated by mid-fi dynamic headphone

They look pretty well built though, metal and all.

No sweaty. Sorry.

>another pedophile starts the thread and post anime

Ditching the thread, twice in a row. I'll be back when a beyer poster makes a thread.

Attached: 1534635420094.jpg (1024x768, 202K)

Enjoy lad, make sure to try both earpads

It's a fact

>phoneposter

kys

SHUT UP ABOUT THE SUNDARAS

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/8twrgd/fyi_to_all_hifiman_sundara_owners_with_driver/
>I've had two Sundaras and three driver failures, please if you're considering the Sundara, please reconsider.

The facts are not on your side, sweaty.

Ok ok I'm repenting for even considering chinkfi trash and will get Stax right away.

Attached: smug anime girl.gif (384x372, 1.85M)

Based post. May you be blessed with higher audio quality and incels forever jealous at your fidelity.

>t. triggered stax incel

And my atom shipped today too. Come on guys be excited with me

Thank you user. Although I think I'm just going to use the analytical pads because I read they seem to be the better of the two

>atom shipped today
>HD-6XX shipped today
N U T T

enjoy beyer quality signature sound!

Attached: 1543765848471.png (805x611, 460K)

I seriously hope people don't buy headphones without demoing it first.

SHIGGYDIGGY

Attached: 1543823782461.jpg (1600x1453, 1.06M)

.t jealously

Well coming from DT 880s which I've loved for years now I'm sure I will. Thanks!

Nice user enjoy!

What's a good pair of headphones for using with gaming consoles?

ath-ad or akg for the soundstage meme or Stax if you can afford it.

I actually feel slightly miffed I didn't buy the OL DAC from JDS at the same time to save on the retarded shipping costs where I live but I figured since I was buying the Atom blind it was better to try one first and only get the other if the Atom impressed me. Getting an amp for the HD-6XX is a lot more high priority than a DAC at this point in time for me. I really hope the HD-6XX is as good as everyone says because if it its it'll replace my SINE as my standard listening headphones.

Stax are garbage for gaming, especially fps games.

tard.

zeos says they're great and i'm sure he knows more about headphones than you do

Stax are garbage overall.

When you get the 6xx make a review with a picture. I want to know if its a meme or not. If its a meme or not as impressive ill buy the akg712.

The study says stax are the best headphones ever made, what about it?

>t. triggered stax incel

Nuh-uh, I'm sure Zeos knows more than some silly paper.

Best headphones in the universe coming through.

Attached: 009s-new-1.jpg (500x500, 44K)

Ear speakers are the highest fidelity solution even for gaming

I got a SDAC to go with it but I was too was looking at the ol dac as an option. The SDAC was just cheaper here in the US and regarded as a great day for the money. I'm sure the ol dac is just as good though since it's around the same price point

>best headphones
>worse than $200 AKGs

Attached: 15221907822860.jpg (221x229, 7K)

Whats with all these Stax(less) shills?

Stax incels are butthurting they got scammed with useless electrostats that sound worse than a mid-fi dynamic headphones lol