Daily reminder

typing "import" and stringing together pre-defined functions doesn't make you a programmer

Attached: opengraph-icon-200x200.png (200x200, 8K)

>"wahhhhh your language has more support than mine!"
cry me a river, cuck.

Attached: cutePepe.png (3000x3000, 945K)

no matter how many times you guys bitch about this language you never realize that python is just a stepping stone for 12 year olds to start coding

Attached: top kek.jpg (125x109, 3K)

It makes me well paid. I couldn't care less what I'm called.

explain how it doesn't? literally the only cases I find a python script to be hella trivial is if I'm just transforming some data.

Typing and stringing together pre-defined functions doesn't make you a programmer.

daily reminder
acting like a millennial faggot on Ritalin everyday isn't productive

Typing "extern" and stringing together pre-defined x86 instructions doesn't make you a programmer

You guys are splitting hairs here

using predefined CPU instructions doesn't make you a programmer

Attached: 1543778131249.jpg (157x117, 3K)

apparently, reinventing common algorithms does

You're not a fucking programmer until you are using punch cards to code in binary. Using libraries or functions is for beta cucks, not real programming

I know this is bait but I'll bite:

People who think this shit in real life are insufferable faggots who have 0 concept of how much abstraction there already is between them programming in "real" languages bare metal. The amount of abstraction that's achieved by going from logic gates to C is fucking astronomical, and you could probably never achieve writing a C compiler from bare metal in your entire life if it weren't for the work of hundreds of years of mathematicians working all this shit out for you. Comparatively, the jump from C to Python is minuscule in the grand scheme of things. Sure it might abstract away a few data structures and make things nicer to use, but it's nothing compared to carefully organizing bits of sand together in such a way that they perform actual computation.

Computer science and abstraction are tied together at the hip. Losers who can't understand that the continuous abstraction of mathematics is the very essence of computing are the most obnoxious fucking faggots in the world. The losers who can't understand that it's actually harder to think abstractly are the funniest of them all. Sure you can do the equivalent of hand-holding a modern abacus. You're not accomplishing anything by reinventing the wheel for the thousandth time, you're just doing it because someone needs some retarded shit to be fast, but you're not furthering the field of computer-science. You're not developing new fucking algorithms in C, you're implementing something that someone (far smarter than you) has already thought of in a slightly different flavor just so you can get a paycheck.

>you've already finished the job while I'm still reinventing the wheel? DIE IN FIRE!

Why does Python make the contrarian gatekeepers on Jow Forums so asshurt? I think that's good enough reason to keep using it.

good post

Reinventing the wheel doesn't make you a programmer either. No, neither does starting 10 projects and finishing none.

Beautiful post.

Making code dependant on an operating system instantly disqualifies you from being a programmer.

is this fresh pasta?

Based meta-contrarian

no u r

>that python is just a stepping stone for 12 year olds to start coding
>One of the requested language to get a job

Yikes

>Yikes
>Reddit spacing
Cringe

>Cringe
back to ebaumsworld

cringe

based

Seriously, why does Python make pseudo-elitists so angry?

Except it does

Probably because because of its standard library that makes re-inventing the wheel unnecessary and you can actually start creating non-trivial programs faster.

it's retard

Python is objectively the best programming language. Kill yourself kike.

No?
What else do programmers do?

Neither does typing "#include" and doing the same thing.

/thread

No idea, to be honest. They are likely still in the "one-language-fits-all" phase and get irrationally attached to their cute favorite language, unironically believing it's the best choice every time. And since most Python implementations are slow compared to many other popular languages, they start sperging out with "muh performance".
Programming languages are tools. Nothing more, nothing less. Python, just like most other languages, is a good choice for some things, and a bad choice for others. Period.

What baffles me the most is how the "low-level" boundary for tr00 programmers on the internet, and especially on this board, seems to be C, yet, as said, it is already a massive level of abstraction compared to how a CPU actually works under the hood, and still a pretty high abstraction from, say, assembly. Many C fetishists I know, both irl and on the internet, have never written a line of assembly in their entire lives. So, by OP's logic, they shouldn't be "real programmers" either.

Daily reminder stringing together pre defined syntax and typing gcc doesn't make you a programmer

Based and redpilled.

I think it's because of Guido.
Guido is like the anti-Jow Forums.
He tried to remove lambda functions from the language. Then he's like, okay, you can keep them, but lambdas can only have a single expression (i.e. they are useless).
He shits on Lisp constantly. He HATES functional programming.
He says bizarre shit like "SICP gave everyone the wrong impression that computers are only useful for running programs".
That, and Python is actually pretty poorly designed from an academic perspective.
I think all that put together combined with Python's popularity breaks Jow Forums's brain.

I am being honest and saying this as a typical Jow Forums fag, I fucking despise Python.

Reinventing the wheel and wasting time is not very smart either

Cringe - writing only C
Bluepilled - writing only Python
Based and redpilled - using the language best fit for the task

Newfag detected

this.

K

>computers are only useful for running programs
what the fuck else do they do?

no that's what from somelib import * is for.

fuck I hate that statement so god damn much

10/10

current gig is i write assembly for embedded bullshit like digital screens on washing machines
it really should pay more considering how much harder i find it than C++ work

>typing "import" and stringing together pre-defined functions doesn't make you a programmer
If you think bashing the keyboard really fast is "programming", then please stop.

>SICP gave everyone the wrong impression that computers are only useful for running programs
I think SICP is kinda overrated, but what the fuck? Running programs is literally all computers do.

Guido recently resigned from being BDFL, so that's not relevant anymore.

Thanks user, Im going through a course right now and currently working with python, and really enjoying it, nice to see not everyone is a complete faggot in the programming world...

Attached: respect.jpg (236x324, 18K)

>muh algorithms
>muh data structures
No one outside of universities cares about that shit. IRL you just glue frameworks and libraries together. It must werk somehow and you must meet the deadline. That's all.

If you're a pajeet maybe.

OP confirmed dead?

Attached: 1448318909871.jpg (415x439, 35K)

fuck, who's going to bury the OP knowing he's dead now

Attached: IMAGOODPROGRAMMERMUM.png (1340x1226, 275K)

Keep lurking

well, no. I mostly use Python myself. thread topic is simply guaranteed replies.

>Not building semi-conductors from pure hand
>Not wiring your own processing unit on a FPGA
>Not writing up your own assembly language and instead use x86 or MIPS like a little bitch
Fucking coding bootcamp cucks

Attached: 1535580063624.png (846x1200, 647K)

user I...I think I love you...

absolutely based user

best post. language elitists BTFO

ok...?
guess I'll call myself a developer or a software engineer or some shit

>SICP gave everyone the wrong impression that computers are only useful for running programs

Attached: pure_retardation.png (472x565, 18K)

:(

>That, and Python is actually pretty poorly designed from an academic perspective.
Elaborate

Attached: 1491645753079.gif (200x150, 1.39M)

>make fun of any language
>always get b-but C does it too replies even though it was never mentioned
I think we can all agree that C is the benchmark of programming languages.

Attached: ejsZYvZ.jpg (2448x3264, 718K)

>Using punchcards
Not writing all your code in NAND gates fuck off Jow Forums is for real programmers.

Cniles forever and always btfo

Nah. See

It makes me a person who is getting paid and that's enough for me.

>whoops looks like you had a space mixed in with your tabs! Go fuck yourself!

Fuck

Blackpilled - realizing that Python has the best tradeoff of computer time to programmer time for the tasks you're doing because you're not actually doing anything particularly heavy or crucial

Based and Redpilled

Yes, all those silly 12 year olds behind Dropbox, Youtube, Instagram ++

>Not having an editor/ide at least smart enough to space-convert tabs

You think people here have jobs?