Touch typing thread

Gotta start learning touch typing in January.
Which are the Jow Forums-approved typing tutors?

Attached: ????_KTouch_Typewriting_Trainer.png (1080x803, 135K)

years of shitposting and type racer
t. 130 wpm

mavis beacon on an apple 2

Touch typing is a meme. Your brain is more clever than you give it credit for - it will find the fastest and most efficient way to type given enough time.

I had to learn to touch type as part of a class as a kid

do they not force kids to learn this anymore?

Attached: 1543739934923.jpg (354x259, 75K)

I always just cheated instead. I learned to type playing text based games.

Typeracer and Tenfastfingers but mostly typeracer

this

typing of the dead

I use Edclub and gtypist
They taught it in one class during middle school but I thought it was retarded at the time because it was extremely, extremely boring and felt really stupid. Going from a shooting game like Wolfenstein enemy territory to school to some goofy typing game was just such a drag. Kinda regret it now.

MUD PVP means you will type fast or die (or cheat more)

Best minority to ever grace computing

Attached: mavis-beacon.jpg (600x433, 62K)

How are you mongoloids typing if not touch typing? With your two fucking fingers? Dictation software?

just turn off the LEDs and stay up late in the dark
the only letters I cant reliably hit are "m/n" after 2yrs

Tell that to the hoardes of CS students that don't learn TT and type like retards. People find an "okay" method and generally settle into it with bad habits that make further progress possible. The point isnt even to type faster, it's to get to the point you are barely aware of the keyboard and input your thoughts with total accuracy. All the so-called "i have my own style" typers i've met at uni and work have mostly sucked, and spend too much time glancing down to the keyboard, or making errors, or just being slow.

Nah, laziness trumps all. If you *constantly* typed long things and tried to do it faster, then sure, but no one does that. If you type a lot, you at least stop doing the two-finger pecking, but you generally don't type well. Some common bad moves are overuse of the pinkies and thumbs.

GNU Typist

I thought you were kidding

On the topic: which type tutor uses sdfv+njkl as home keys instead of sdfg+hjkl? I know there is at least one — that's where I picked up the idea — but can't find it again.

Why would I want to touch type when I can use a physical keyboard? Like there's no tactility at all.

That sounds awful.

It's way more comfier than it sounds.

Attached: 511W8SVVDEL._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 37K)

Klavaro is the Linux/GNU approved software