Opinions?

Opinions?

Attached: 1518546163738.jpg (1600x1098, 362K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xiph.org/video/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist–Shannon_sampling_theorem
youtu.be/jVoSQP2yUYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can’t say I miss it.

Attached: 453F29A7-68FD-4EB8-8A7F-E8621482DEE4.jpg (1024x1024, 47K)

I have some tapes, like Prodigy, Led Zep etc, but I don't really listen to them.

Maybe try /mu/.

>miss it.
It's still around, and rapidly rising in popularity.

how much data can you store on it.
what encodings are available?

uh, 60 or 90 minutes. gotta flip it. magnetic... coding... I guess. you can fit 1 or 2 entire LP's on it!

I used that shit my whole teen years.
It was shit and I hope that stay dead

you never see random tape wire on the street anymore, wrapped around a branch or some such.

You need three heads and dual capstan else its unlistenable.

Attached: MV5BOGNlYmY1MDYtNjNmYy00N2RkLTljYmUtNTcyNDIwNGI5ZDZjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_.jpg (1400x2100, 522K)

Shit

Better than CDs, worse than vinyl records. analog > digital

Kill yourself.

>t. child

Imagine being this uneducated and angry.

Imagine having to physically wind a reel every time you seek data

What were they smoking

Imagine being an actual audiophool retard denying simple physics and information theory. Vinyl and cassette tapes are on par with 96kbps MP3 encoding.

>hurr im retarded durr

Drink piss, subhuman mutt brainlet.

Exactly the kind of vernacular I'd expect out of a consumer sheep such as you.

>analog > digital
xiph.org/video/
Watch both of these, or read this.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist–Shannon_sampling_theorem

fucking shit gay fucked format that i remember vividly using and hating

t DAT guy master race

(yes i use DAT with chink iems)

Attached: IMG_6893.jpg (3264x2448, 1.85M)

I guess I'll explain it too, for people unwilling to read. As long as your digital file doesn't use a shit sampling rate, and it's lossless: audio (which is inherently analog) data recorded in gets output the exact same way it was recorded, without any loss or change of information.

Watch out, we've got a WOKE audiotard here.

Watch this video, then get back to me, lowbrows.
youtu.be/jVoSQP2yUYA

this
I miss my childhood

Minidisc was superior in every single way.

Attached: 0485D099-A2B5-4937-8525-74C97734477B.jpg (3500x2622, 1.89M)

cassettes are more compact and sturdier

AND you can decorate trees with them

it's for nostalgia fags.
I remember fondly of the clickety clack inside school bag fishing for something in the bottom, picking it up and switching mettalica for slayer for the bus ride. The sound and tactile feedback of putting it on was also always very plesant.
But fuck that, having unlimited hours of music is way better. Just a good memory.

ha fuck no cunt. not many people know minidisc capacity was ~ 128 mb ...

LITERALLY INCELL TIER

A FRACTION OF THAT SHIT OLD FLASH DRIVE IN YOUR DRAWER YOU NEVER USE

Pencils don't work for that

>Better than CDs
Zoomers are legit retarded.

I got rid of all my cassettes years ago. So for me, they’re history. Not going to do the hipster thing and start using them again.

Instead I find old Walkmans at Goodwill and sell them to hipsters.

Minidisc was superior to consumer cassette tapes, but that's not really saying much. Cassettes were always shit tier, and I'm confused as to why they made a hipster comeback.

>Cassettes were always shit tier, and I'm confused as to why they made a hipster comeback.
because they werent relying on some decades old sub-band discrete cosine transfer lossy proprietry audio codec.

A N A L O G U E
N
A
L
O
U
G
E

Attached: -1x-1.jpg (2500x1667, 567K)

murky shit
Tape doesn't even have to sound so bad but compact cassettes do

you don't even need to do that lol, those things have four rails. you get 30 mins each side, if you recorded only one side then your walkman has a special button that rewinds it.

Sadly im missing a proper recording device, the one i own is broken would like to fing a proper one but atm no luck.

Attached: IMG_20181204_142331_HHT.jpg (4000x3000, 2.65M)

Tapes are very, very good.

Attached: ibm_01pl041_lto_8_tape_cartridge_1390174.jpg (1500x1500, 144K)

>never used cassettes
>calls others zoomers
Tapes have many advantages over CDs when it comes to music, that you'd know about had you used cassettes yourself: you can easily record and re-record over them (not everyone has a CD-RW drive and CD-RWs are more expensive than regular CDs), you can make copies of a cassette or parts of it easily using only a cassette recorder or two (compare with a CD: need a computer, OS, CD reading software, writing software, a CD drive), a cassette can hold 120 minutes of music while a CD can hold only 80 minutes (that's 50% more music). But yeah, call me a zoomer for liking the objectively better tech. Newer does not mean better.

Cassettes were garbage, and they were meant to be garbage. Studious didn't even take the time to properly master for them, and they sounded nothing like the reels dumb ass.

>everybody talking about music
>not computers that used tape cassette as the main storage format

Cons:
It took like 4 minutes to load a game and half the time it wouldn't even work

Pros:
Piracy was really easy and still is since you can just plug your phone into the jacks on a ZX Spectrum and play downloaded tape files from it

Great for audio books.

often new releases of your favourite bands ''tune'' their recordings additionally and make the shitty
you'll end up regretting your lost old tapes

this
what is the weirdest thing you can do with tapes to store data?

I had patrician 5.25" floppy drives on my BBC Micro. You could fit quite a few games on each disk, and it only took a few seconds to load a game.

They were a pain in the ass. Don't miss them one bit.

Because more people buy physical than digital and tapes are the cheapest to make.

you mean this, right?

Attached: th?id=OIP.hAJmhDZOlYVrmF8IN48TgwHaFj&pid=Api&w=1280&h=960&rs=1&p=0.jpg (1280x959, 34K)

?FILE ERROR - LOAD ABORTED
READY
LIST

21845 UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

And then having to adjust the volume to exactly the right point, and the tracking with a little screwdriver so the squealing was as sharp as you could get it.

I can't adequately communicate how frustratingly shit they were. Even 5 1/4" floppy disks were amazing by comparison. Hard drives were alien. Even zip drives were barely a twinkle in anyone's eye.

I still have mine. It reminds me I should appreciate this shit more.