>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>CPUs less threads usually suffer lower 0.1% minimums
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget and pairing with a 2080 or better
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards; cheap models usually low yield processor. Aim for factory OC versions for best performance
>use your due diligence with cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans. They may be cheap, but won't get high boost clocks like better models
1080p
>RX 570/580/1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
1080p@144hz
>Vega 56/1070ti best value, Free/G-sync monitor highly recommended
1440p@60-75hz
>Vega/1070ti/1080/2070
1440p@100+hz
>1080ti/2080
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 19-115-072-02.jpg (640x480, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/YhVFMZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/hq3R6s
amazon.com/G-Skill-TridentZ-16GB-25600-F4-3200C16D-16GTZR/dp/B01MTDEYHU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1543943802&sr=8-2&keywords=trident z
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608048
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seasonic is the best.

Why is AMD so bad?

Attached: relative-performance-games-1920-1080 (1).png (500x1490, 96K)

threadly reminder

FUCK Ryzen

It's only for poorfags and is severly outclasses by 5 year old Intel chips

avoid at ALL cost

all this image tells me is that intel is terrible, terrible value even at poorfag resolutions

/shintel/ edition?

honestly intel cpus are trash. architects are employed by the nsa, it is backdoor-ridden trash used to spy on everyone. the only reason its viable are black project government subsidies. anyone with a brain in their head wouldn't subsidize the corrupt anticonsumerist company that is intel

>92% of the performance of a 9700k for 75% of the price
Comfy. Dont make me math you the fuck out with the 9900k

Attached: 1543867829295.gif (297x229, 2.22M)

pls do the needful and buy intel

>he's willing to pay nearly 3x more to get 10% better performance in his vidya gaymes
howling

>you shouldn't pay more for more performance
How illiterate are you?

>imagine being so poor you have to cheap out on your pc
Lmao

but m-mom, I w-want ALL the effpeeess!! p-please lend me a few hundred dollars more, I'll pay it back, I s-swear!

only at poorshit res mind you

Attached: xoavni.png (650x1011, 119K)

Why pay for more performance than you're actually going to use? You're like a brainlet who buys a 2080ti to play 1080p at 60fps

It's amazing what lengths they'll go to convince everyone they didn't waste hundreds of dollars more than is necessary for an unnoticeable difference of a few FPS in a video game. I guess they think they'll have an advantage and build an e-sports career and it will all be worth it.

What's a good motherboard for R5 2600?

Delid dis sir ples

Attached: 1543685951637.png (1800x850, 244K)

B450 from MSI, I have the Mortar myself

This, ignore all Intel shills and avoid their products like the pozzed plague.

Attached: 1536694146733.png (1200x800, 164K)

Also is there any difference between B450M PRO-VDH and B450?

based 2500k still holding up against modern CPUs

Attached: ryzen vs sandy.jpg (1201x756, 201K)

mortar if going mATX to save space
tomahawk if full ATX
gaming pro carbon if full ATX and you want intel ethernet, better sound codec, and integrated wifi/bluetooth for a small premium

I thought M was for microATX but I could be wrong

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attached: untitled-3.png (682x798, 38K)

Yeah it's for microATX. What is that? I don't understand what said.

>single thread
YIKES

>new security vulnerabilities every month
>o-only the old ones that got half fixed matter!
Imagine being this much of a slimy shill.

Security doesn't matter xDDDDDD

MicroATX is a form factor, so it will be a smaller motherboard than normal which lets you use smaller cases. It will save you some money too.

Ohh, thanks god, I have an old as fuck case and I was scared of not fitting in.
Thanks a lot.

i7 2600k is 3.8GHz turbo. It will OC to 5GHz.
365*1.315789473684211=480.2631578947368

Quads of truth, intel shills btforever

shows how bad CPU progress has been

Attached: 1.jpg (398x184, 29K)

Hey guys,

I have an i5 4690k that was running at 4.2ghz OCed (212 Evo cooler) and have 2x RX580 in crossfire (got them for free).

The problem is the system is becoming unstable. Not sure what I did to mess it up, but it ran fine for months.So I think this is an excuse to upgrade.

I play video games and work remote from my machine as a programmer. So some virtualization when needed.

I am debating between Ryzen 5 and 7. 7 isn't much more expensive. Should I wait for 7nm?

Now that I have a working Z77 motherboard, perhaps I should get off my ass and play with my cherry i7 2700k.
(it would do 4.8GHz stock volts on a shitty Intel board, but wouldn't maintain it)

>The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.
>The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.
>The motherboard M.2 slot #3 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.
What the fuck does this mean? I have an ASRock Z390 and a Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD

>half the price
>90% the performance
>this is bad

Attached: brain.jpg (640x640, 52K)

>not even at 5GHz can beat 2600x at 4GHz
yeah...

It means put your M.2 in slot 2 if you care about the number of SATA ports you have working.

Just make sure that case will take the motherboards. Look it up on the manufacturers website, it will normally tell you what form factors it will take.

I just did and if it basically only says Format: ATX/microATX that B450M is going to work right?
thanks a lot!

Then yes it should

Also do I need to worry about the power supply for a new CPU and Motherboard?

yes

>tfw 2 computers now

Main PC
2700x
x370 VI Hero
2x8gb 3600 cl16 G.skill kit
1080ti

Second pc:
Xeon x5675 @ 4.65ghz
ASUS p6dx58-e
3x4gb some cheap kingston 1600 cl9 kit
RX590 Nitro+

Soon the X58 PC will be replaced with an x79 Rampage IV Formula and a 3930k. But i gotta say i'm real impressed with this xeon.

Attached: feelsgoodman.png (1480x832, 66K)

It can get pretty close to it while being significantly cheaper thanks to the CPU being 8 years old and still using DDR3 instead of expensive DDR4.

Does the power supply work and is it enough? There are PSU calculators you can find online that will give you and idea what you'll need

I still haven't locked down a GPU for de.pcpartpicker.com/list/YhVFMZ

1. i'm targeting 1440p at almost-ultra settings.
2. Budget is around 600 euro.
3. It has to last for at least 3 years before i have to lower settings to get a minimum of 60fps.

Xeons are even cheaper. Pretty much any i7 suffers from the consumer gamer tax on the used market. Almost like used Macs.

Is noctua a meme fan brand? Should I just go for something a bit cheaper?

no / yes

Any suggestions for other fans. I want to get a 200mm, 2 80mm and a 120mm for right now

at 1440p your better off just going ryzen and puting the extra cash into buying a 2080 RTX.

i already have the 8700k, bought it 4 weeks ago for 300 bucks. but the 2080 is a tough pill to swallow with the 850 price tag.

yeah im running a 980 ti for 1440p gaming , works fine just have to play around with some settings .

gpu's are not going to change in price untill AMD bring out a half decent card , i'd exspect prices to change in the summer .

as of now there as cheap as there going to get.

2070 is still a really good 1440p card.

Do take note though that most games ultra settings are garbage , you can ususally save 30% performance doing your own settings without even losing graphical quality.

Problem with Xeons are that the good motherboards are super expensive and you need to use ECC memory. Meanwhile a z68 motherboard is dirt cheap due to supply and sometimes you can find old i7's for cheap if you look hard enough.

No, Noctua fans actually are very good, whether they're worth the money is another thing entirely though. You can definitely get cheaper fans.

>though that most games ultra settings are garbage
Really depends on the feature. I won't need AA at 1440p so that stays off, obnoxious stuff like chromatic aberration, lens flare, god rays, DoF and blur is out too, but LoD, texture detail or in general stuff that reduces pop-ins are a must.

finally got out of debt and have 800 in savings already for dream PC.

what are some good monitors for fighting games? I have 1 already but want anotherone for fightan, the last one will be my main.

I only need:
>best response time
>1080p
>60fps

I really dont care about having more, for the size I really dont know.

have a look at see what sales are on the 1070 Ti , that cards good for 1440p but cost numbers are all over the place.

>1070 Ti
Yeah, the prices are all over the place but usually just around 100-150 below a 2070 or 1080, if i could find one.

they've stoped making the 1080 ti and 1080 so if there gone there gone.

How do I undervolt a Vega 64? Does it really IMPROVE performance?

I'm trying to decide if I should buy an 8700k or a 9700k. I feel like if I delid an 8700k and learn to overclock it and all that shit, it'll be better than shilling out the extra money for a 9700k that's marginally better. That said, would it be better just to spend the extra money on the 9700k, for the sake of longevity and doing less warranty-voiding?

Attached: 1536701536387.jpg (345x378, 45K)

undervolting doesn't increase peformance, it lowers energy consumption and temperatures.

>have MSI X370 Gaming Plus
>get BIOS update
>can now base clock overclock but only up to 103 because it's an INTERNAL BCLK OC
>1600 now able to OC to 4.01 at 1.369v stable
>RAM is pushed to 3296 at 14-14-14-36 with same voltage, also stable
>suddenly won't boot when restarted; requires cold boot all the time if I need to restart
>memtest doesn't show shit and system is fine otherwise
Welp

Open radeon settings thing. Set the power limit to a negative % value. Lowers power usage and temperatures. Can improve performance if your card is thermal throttling (due to running at lower temps). Had to do this to my Gigabyte R9 290 (tripple fan thing).

I really wouldn't buy a CPU with delidding in mind, plus if you're set to go for Intel anyway I'd get the 8 real cores instead of 6 + HT. You at least know those 8 cores will either improve performance or do nothing at all, with HT and SMT in general there's also the possibility that it may slightly decrease performance in certain workloads.

How does this look?
pcpartpicker.com/list/hq3R6s

Could I go for another motherboard with this build?

Wrong.
Yes, it improves performance.
How high it can raise clocks is limited by heat and power consumption limits. Undervolting lowers power consumption and heat so it can boost itself higher.

There have been rumors that the 2019 Radeon Settings update is going to have some auto tuning to undervolt. But for now, you just go in Radeon Settings, global wattman, set manual voltage, and lower it like 10% to start and see how low you can go while remaining stable under load.

>give less power to the gpu
>it increases performance
Jeez amdrones are getting worse and worse at shilling

is still a bad time to build a PC? asked early this year and seemed like it was bad time.

You're either retarded or intentionally trolling by trying to gas light people.
If you're retarded, start by learning to search Google.

you can get a samshit SSD for a similar price for the same capacity.
>not getting 3000rpm 140mm noctuas
>not getting seasonic
Why would you dump shekels into an intel system then cheap out on your SSD?
Replace the fan of the NHD15 with two 3000rpm noctuas, then use standard 1500rpm noctuas for your case fan.

best amount of monitors?

You missed the best time a few weeks ago, but it will be good again with boxing day sales closing in. It is generally far better now than earlier this year.

>gas light
Oh it's the namefag

Attached: brainlet.png (5813x1439, 159K)

Now THIS is the knowledge I come here for. Thanks.

One question about the PSU thing though: Aren't the better EVGA PSUs made by Super Flower who are comparable in quality to Seasonic?

Attached: 1449034882751.jpg (279x229, 7K)

Thanks I'm going to use the wattmann and lower it to see if it stays a little cooler. For what it's worth, I'm using a 144hz freesync monitor @1080p

Not him but would that strategy work well with a cooler like the NH-C14S?

>3000rpm 140mm noctuas
who the fuck are you?

yeah sadly my grandpa passed away, and even if I wasnt a bit depressed, it seemed like a bad time to go buy stuff for myself.

When should I start building my PC? right now all I have is a shitty dell prebuild I slapped a 1060 3gb I got as a present like 3 years ago.

I also got 2 new ram sticks: amazon.com/G-Skill-TridentZ-16GB-25600-F4-3200C16D-16GTZR/dp/B01MTDEYHU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1543943802&sr=8-2&keywords=trident z

I got for christmas 2 year or so ago (my uncle is the manager of a tigerdirect) but haven't been able to use since it isn't compatible with my PC.

Attached: file.png (439x407, 33K)

Yes but he is a Seasonic shill, you can't go wrong with either brand, choose whatever is cheapest and fits your needs.

You can try to take advantage of upcoming sales or you can wait until the Zen 2 revolution everyone here babbles about which should take place next summer.

Get the one with the longest warranty, which is usually Seasonic.
Pulling numbers out my ass, replacing the stock noctua fan with their industrial 3000rpm one would probably give you a 3-4c difference at best.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608048
I am the based noctua shill
PS, you can buy redux models which are gray and half the price of regular pajeet fans without the usual accessories you find in said poofans
PPS, the 3000rpm fan does not come in redux

>When should I start building my PC?
the best time to start building a PC is one day after you've built your current build
Also you're a faggot billy
t.grandpa

Those op CPU suggestions need an exception for >75hz gaming
Also need to make sure people know that if your CPU can do 60fps at 1080p it can also do it at 4k.

>wouldn't buy a CPU with delidding in mind
Why not, out of curiosity? Seems like that's the thing to do with the 8700k, squeeze out what more you can get out of it.

Buy old x79 - x99 shit, or get ryzen. The new intel shit is retarded.

Because you've got a fair chance of destroying the CPU if you fuck it up.

Not to mention potentially damage your die by trying to pump too much voltage through it.

The only people who should delid are extreme enthusiasts who are okay with buying another CPU if/when their first one dies.

I just replaced x99/5820k with z390/9700k because my x99 board died and buying a new one is absurd price.

>instead of replacing my good board i decided to pay more for z390 and 9700k

Attached: i7 2700k @ 5.0.png (809x406, 56K)

i'm coming to your house right now to steal them both, AND your cat.

Holy shit even a 6 year old intel beats current ryzen lol

Considering a new X99 board starts around $350 for anything decent and goes beyond $500 very quickly.

To replace my original $270 motherboard with the IDENTICAL motherboard was $550 today. It's absurd. Sorry but you're not gonna convince me it made sense to drop $500 into a 4 year old platform just to get it working with NO performance gains. Or spend $600 for z390 and a 9700k which has near identical multicore performance and much better single core preformance over my 5820k.

Yeah like a used i7 2600k is just as good as OC ryzen at 144hz gayman so a fucking OC modern i3 with ddr4 3600cl16/3400cl14 is gonna spank them
But if you're not playing at 144hz you only need 60 fps which a pentium can do even at 4k.

Attached: onefourfour.jpg (2560x1440, 979K)

First off you're voiding your warranty, though in practice this isn't much of a concern I guess since I never personally encountered a broken CPU, they're pretty reliable. You'll also have to pay some extra for the delid tool and the liquid metal thermal compound, as well as whatever glue you'll need to stick the IHS back on (assuming you're doing that). I've also read that liquid metal compounds need periodic reapplication, so you'll be doing this shit every few years again and again. There's also the risk of you fucking up and breaking the CPU, of course, small as it may be.

In terms of performance gain, you'll get a few hundred MHz at most, which won't really make much of an observable impact in anything really, so whether the effort is worth it for practical purposes (as in you actually use the CPU, OC itself isn't the end goal) is also very questionable.

Then there's the price. I'm not sure what it's like where you live, but I can buy a 9700K for an extra $30 over a 8700K. That's $30 for 2 extra cores and a soldered CPU with higher stock clocks and I also won't need to buy a delid tool or liquid metal compound or glue, or do the work of actually delidding and relidding the thing, so the delidded 8700K looks like a pretty bad deal. This may of course vary with your local prices, but I doubt it will change drastically.

>new
lol

Ya'll fags post these pics as if nobody else has access to GN videos and can see results for themselves. There were several games where the fact that the i7 is only 4 cores is a problem.

I love the old intel stuff. Everything after x99 can suck my ass desu

Attached: cpuz.png (817x409, 34K)