pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 143.jpg (556x556, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

alpharacks.com/myrack/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0
forum.videohelp.com/threads/384921-Windows-7-Image-Updater-SkyLake-KabyLake-CoffeLake-Ryzen-Threadripper
youtube.com/watch?v=o9ImB56BkY8
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA10V6KR3899&ignorebbr=1
tex.stackexchange.com/questions/1137/where-do-i-place-my-own-sty-or-cls-files-to-make-them-available-to-all-my-te
youtu.be/Q8C0LJPpr64
youtu.be/IeABb8cwdUg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

me

me

I have a single column with rows of names in a spreadsheet.
I want to find out the occurrence of each name in the column for all entries in the column and print them out else where on the sheet.
I tried pivot tables but it didnt return any data on the occurrences of them, just the names.
Is there another way to display the data?
Using libreoffice

Do your own homework, user.

> I want to find out the occurrence of each name in the column for all entries in the column
uniq -c?

Do you guys see anything weird with these memory timings? I thought they were exactly the same model but they aren't and BIOS has everything in AUTO

Attached: 1540707190586.jpg (919x503, 161K)

Why?

How? Its a spreadsheet. Its not practical to do this for thousands of rows each

>pic desu
Good taste op~!

So if a second encoding pass increases quality at no size expense, would there be any benefits to further passes or is that not how it works?

Where else should I check for important data on an old Windows drive before nuking it?

>my documents
>pictures
>misc directories in the root dir
>Users/"main user" dir

anything else? most game save files are in documents, but some devs like to put them in %APPDATA% just to obscure them I guess

Is there any field worth getting into without a degree?

So I'm hearing a buzzing sound through my headphones that seems that seems to come and go depending on what I'm doing on my laptop. I was thinking of purchasing a little external sound card, not a dac though that would be more expensive than my headphones. Would that work?

What's the best graphics card to shoot for in a non "hardcore gaming" pre-built desktop? I've been laptop up until now and just want to play Steam and Overwatch on something better than I've got on my Lenovo Ideapad 100 without paying $1000+ for something that looks like it's containing a UFO landing site.

Attached: 51On4dgh7rL.jpg (500x395, 34K)

1050 ti

KYS pedophile

police
you retire in 20 years and get a pension and have plenty of time to get into a second career while living comfy

Too bad about my documented history of depression and anxiety.

sanitation
same benefits as cops

If I burn an ISO with windows explorer, would it be bootable?
and if not, how should I do it?

Like working for WM or something?

yes, it will be bootable
I think there may be a checkbox you need to select, can't remember. but I know it works

>default "High Definition Audio" driver
>bass boost is there
>install realtek driver
>no bass boost
what did they mean by this

or garbage pickup
another option is your local electric company if you live near a relatively decent size city
you can start out at the bottom with no degree and work your way up
and you get really good benefits there too

Yeah. Apparently they have a pretty good pay and benefits package.

Since the domain split my "center thread" option in default settings doesn't work, any way to fix without custom CSS or 4chanx or whatever?

There is a local electrician apprenticeship program that pays pretty decent, I'd have to take at least one college algebra course though in order to qualify for the program.

Why not just backup the entire drive instead of looking for individual files?

Do it. Electricians are always correct, unless someone dies.

there's a company that handles the maintenance and construction of the power poles, transformers, etc in your area
that's where you want to apply
they typically don't do apprenticeships, they just start you out with a simpler job like meter reading and as you learn more on the job you can get promoted to the better positions
this may only apply to big cities though, I don't know if it works like that in rural areas

I noticed that if I put my bluetooth dongle on the front of my pc and plug into the 3.5 mm headphone jack next to it I get a clicking noise, due to interference I'm guessing. Is this normal or are the front lanes of the case just poorly wired to have this be a problem? I can just plug the Bluetooth dongle to a USB hub that is away from the jack to prevent the noise.

Very common
On many mobos you get interference when you use the jack on the back due to the electronics on the inside

Thanks mate

See if you can get a 1060 6gb or rx 580 for the same price. They are twice as powerful and are the modern affordable cards.

Well, I have, but it's 300gb with only ~20 of that being useful data. I don't even know how a windows boot drive gets to be that bloated after 2 years, without installing games to it and cleaning caches regularly.

What's the best and cheapest service where I can host a NodeJS server and MongoDB.

Why is she crying?

alpharacks vps, $7/year
alpharacks.com/myrack/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

Complete retard here. Is it possible to make Ryzen work with windows 7? I don't want to use W10 but I heard it will completely block your USB or something like that.

Why are AV receivers with 300 watt power supplies advertised as 100w/channel for 7.1 surround sound?

Yes. Just look on YouTube.

you have to update pre installation environment to the one from windows 8 or 10, and preferably add usb drivers into the windows setup, so your usb works during and after installation.
Alternatively find a motherboard that has usb2.0 ports.

forum.videohelp.com/threads/384921-Windows-7-Image-Updater-SkyLake-KabyLake-CoffeLake-Ryzen-Threadripper

be warned it takes a lot of time

Attached: Untitled.png (527x342, 17K)

why, if i have a 60Hz monitor, should care about having more than 60fps, if my monitor can only play 60 frames per second

these are the timings that are saved as presets, not the timings used.
They probably were made from different dies and at a different time, I wouldn't worry about it
If you want to risk you can try to overwrite them

because your monitor displays frames in even intervals, but your gpu generates them unevenly
Imagine a scenario where your graphic card generated 50 frames in half a second, and 10 frames in the other half. That's still 60 in one second, but it will look like it's stuttering.
If you generate more than 60, it's very likely there will be a frame ready to display before your monitor can display it and it will look smooth

OK. The first result was this and the first comment was that there is also an option where you only need PS2 mouse. I still have my old mouse. It should work, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=o9ImB56BkY8

she hit her toe

rx 570 is miles better than a 1050ti and can be found for about the same price

>he thinks adding drivers to a windows install takes a lot of time
zoomers everyone
frametimes, and shitty games that don't have subframe input (e.g. CSGO, league, etc)
well designed games will poll your mouse at its exact polling rate, usually 1000hz nowadays, without the game needing the framerate to match. cs is dogshit and therefore polls the mouse according to your framerate, which is why people need it to be 300+ fps for the game to not feel like shit, because even though it's not drawing the frame, its still happening, but your input is only being parsed if its being drawn by your gpu.

Assuming the following code, are the audio objects that are created as a result of clicking on a webpage later considered 'unreachable' according to javascripts garbage collection?

Attached: Clip.png (337x58, 8K)

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA10V6KR3899&ignorebbr=1
is this worth buying? i kind of want a chromebook to fuck around on, is this a good one? I know it's "Grade C refurb" and an acer, but you get my point. for just a little bit more i could get a refurb thinkpad and could maybe install chromeOS on that? does it run android applications? it should, right? or is it only stuff that would run in chrome browser?

I'm testing out having my own .sty file so I can just load in most of the packages, commands, styles, etc, I usually use in my TeX files.

Where the hell do I put my .sty file though?

I tried to put it in /usr/share/texmf directory and then running texhash, but it didn't work. Reading through a TeX stackexchange only left me more confused, and it appears I'm not supposed to even be able to do this for a system wide texlive install.
tex.stackexchange.com/questions/1137/where-do-i-place-my-own-sty-or-cls-files-to-make-them-available-to-all-my-te

lower frametimes = smoother input response
go load up TF2 and compare between 60FPS and 200FPS. Aiming at 200FPS is a lot more responsive even if you only have a 60hz monitor.

I have this 2tb hard drive that is being really slow and clearly dying. I want to recover the data from it so I bought a 3tb drive. After a long boot process I booted into linux, here I am trying to rsync all my files from one drive to the other, in the mean time very simple commands like ls in my home folder (which is locaded on an nvme drive) takes ages.

Apparently a bad drive on the sata bus can slow the entire system down, and allthough stuff is copying, everything is really slow. This is why I was wondering if it might be a good idea to switch to a sata to usb 3.0 adapter. Allthough this might not be the case because usb is a lot slower than sata and I will have to reboot the computer to do this, possibly doing even more damage to the drive.
Does anybody here know what would be the best approach in this situation.

copying with dd would probably have been better, then you wouldn't need to boot into an OS and have other processes going at the same time

What µBlockOrigin filter will filter any add banner region of the format:

###bsa-zone_[numbers]

Every time you load a thread / page the ad banner section at the top and bottom of the page has a different number after the ###bsa-zone_ bit at the start.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 19.47.28.png (1440x704, 267K)

I ordered a Mortar motherboard last week, and Newegg says it will arrive next Wednesday, in nine days. Are they shitting me? It shouldn't take that long from PA to CA, and it departed the PA location already.

here's the solution for AdBlock
boards.4channel.org##DIV[class="bsa-cnt"]

dd is still an option, I mean it has been copying for a few hours and it has copied 14GB of data so far, I need to rescue about 1.5 of the 2TB so stopping now and starting a faster process is still ver much an option.
I have been looking at tools like ddrescue, and I was wondering, if I ddrescue to an iso, will I still be able to recover data from that iso

excellent. Thanks very much for your help, I really appreciate it :)

Attached: 1538678669696.png (402x383, 11K)

I'd love to know the source of this image, I mean I know it is re:zero but I mean for this specific image. Asking for a friend of course.

Why are Jow Forums threads hitting 300 posts reaching page 10, saying you cannot post because the thread does not exist, but the thread still exists and is viewable without an archive?

My Ryzen crash/froze while undervolting (no bsod) and I had to hard reset a couple of times. HDD and files aside, did I do any damage to my components?

my headphones (groov-e gv-bt700) aren't working right when connected to my pc via bluetooth
they work fine when connected to my phone or when connected to my pc, but specifically when it's connected to my pc via bluetooth, the left speaker gives out no sound and the right speaker has incredibly bad sound quality (the quality is fine in any other situation).
what to try?

Attached: file.png (1400x1400, 831K)

>or when connected to my pc
connected to my pc via a wire*

Which Android app is better to get laid?

ok apparently it isn't, now the drive just refuses to show up in fdisk

Is it safe to say that the pump is on in an AIO if the waterblock led is lit?

ok, i cant for the life of me get my stupid printer to connect to cups, i have it connected to the shitty router that my isp gave me and on the router homepage it gives me an IPP link for the printer but i cant make it work, any tips? i'm rly lost on what to do right now

OK, how do I solve this? I know org/adv is blocked bu uBlock, but I haven't managed to whitelist it.

Attached: fucked.jpg (1195x568, 142K)

Attached: org adv.jpg (754x489, 114K)

Restore a new drive from your image based backups. (Save this advice for when you can use it.)

Is there any way to ensure ICC profiles load always even in exclusive fullscreen applications like video games?

Theres this mode in Gmod called "cinema"
>join a room
>request any videos you like
>people can voteskip videos
is there any website where i can do this? seems dumb to open gmod just for this

there aren't any image backups of this drive, and yes I know I should backup my stuff, everyone knows that, but I bought the 3tb recovery drive with the idea of building a nas out of it when I am done, I will probably start backing up stuff on that nas. When I get that set up.

I'm about to install Fedora 29

Is it okay to put my "/" on my 128gb ssd and my "/home" on a 1T hdd?

Would that cause any problems?

Attached: 1541123929460.jpg (655x527, 59K)

You do not need nas for a single drive

How do I understand this kind of shit jargon without college experience or being Chinese? Also why are 99% of these papers written by Chinese people?

Attached: chinastrong.png (934x1448, 318K)

no but I am building it as a general purpose nas for the entire family. But it will be a big drive in the house to which I could easily backup all my stuff

because there are way more chinese people, and the chinese prioritize studying STEM fields way more than we do

Put the drive in your case and throw a cloud server on it. Dont need a nas for a single drive

I need an easy to follow basic computer literacy guide for my parents who just learned how to copy and paste.

Trying to fix a Brother MFC 8710DW and I already changed out the drum and cleaned all the rollers but it's still printing like this
Would I need to replace the fuser?

Attached: MVIMG_20181204_171711.jpg (1536x2048, 1.84M)

If I plug pic related into a Nintendo Switch, then use a DVI-to-VGA adapter to plug it into a VGA monitor, will it work?
I feel like it won't since I'll be running HDMI through two adapters and degrading it to fucking VGA but I have a very specific setup.
Obviously I won't get audio but that doesn't matter.

Attached: adapter.jpg (1500x1499, 180K)

yep it'll work

>is that not how it works?
Basically, no, that's not how it works. Two-pass encoding is actually doing different things on each pass rather than just repeating the same things with more efficient results.

As I understand two-pass encoding (as implemented in WebMs using VP8) the first pass is only a partial encode, and its main purpose is collecting statistics about the frames to better inform the second pass. First pass collects data, second pass encodes using that data. Performing either one more than once is unnecessary and at best succumbs to diminishing returns (making some assumptions on the preciseness of modern computing architecture and the methods employed in these two steps).

Attached: big_tittied_anime_girl_gets_a_real_job.jpg (1200x1730, 481K)

If it's an active DVI to VGA adapter it should work

How can I tell if it's active?
Also thank you.

Should I update my Intel processor drivers?

If yes, how?
Using the "Driver and support Assistant" app or just installing them manually?

Attached: 1528884590098.jpg (300x300, 10K)

How do I make uBlock origin stop blocking the entirety of the Jow Forums board?

Read a computer organization textbook? Seems like it's in decent English from here.

How come my 5400rpm hdd is faster than my old 7200rpm hdd

Attached: 1521428584173.gif (627x502, 940K)

it is not exactly hard to build a nas, also it needs to be constantly running. I'll just connec the drive to an old laptop and throw some linux distro on it

Linux noob here
Can I use wget to download all images from a certain thread

I know that there are extensions for it I just wanna know

Anyone with experience with gimp to help a complete beginner? I need to learn how to add png logos to a image. I have 3 png logos that I would like to have it ready by default so I can just add an image later. The problem is that I don't even know what to search so I can learn what I'm trying to do

Check these: youtu.be/Q8C0LJPpr64
youtu.be/IeABb8cwdUg

But be aware that on recent versions the icons for some of the tools are very different

got a 90% chance at getting an internship in a big company to work with cobol, databases and power b.i, what am I in for? first job I.T. related

But you dont need all the other shit freenas would give you though, and it would run alot more shit in the background then just say debian netinstall with plex/sshfs/cloud/anything else you like on it.

>cobol
RUN user RUN