Where to buy an radioisotope genearator, Jow Forums?

Where to buy an radioisotope genearator, Jow Forums?

Attached: Download.jpg (319x158, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KKdzhPiOqqg
embedded.com/electronics-blogs/break-points/4429960/How-much-energy-can-you-really-get-from-a-coin-cell-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're better off grabbing them from old abandoned soviet lighthouses, if you don't care about your health that is

From what I've read most of them wouldn't even produce much energy anymore, because the Strontium-90 that was commonly used in those has a half life of about 30 years.

I don't care anymore desu.

bump

pakistan

From where exactly?

go to Askari Bank in Bahawalpur, ask for Omer
tell him Misha sent you
you'll be able to discuss the payment them

ok fine many thanks

Why though, it's shit. It's only good if you want to launch something into space, but if you want your own reliable power source, you're better off mixing solar with wind, and maybe a classic waterwheel hydro if you have any stream nearby.

Compared to any of those, RTG is useless on earth.

It's a constant power source with constant energy output lasting up to 200+ years, working under any condition with no maintance requiered. Only problem is that it costs gorillions to buy one and that it is actually not possible to buy one. Besides the costs i can't think of a reason why it would be useless. If humans weren't gay and afraid uf muh nuclear bombs it would be used as an energy source since decades.

There's also the fact that the exact properties that're favourable in RTGs are also favourable in dirty bombs. Imagine if some C4 plus your boiler equalled a large part of New York City being rendered uninhabitable for at least a decade.

um you aren't building a dirty bomb right?

You can buy nuclear batteries in a DIP package for a few hundreds of dollars. They're often used in stuff like pacemakers, and should last for many decades.
Unfortunately, they provide fuck all power. It should be enough for one of those ultra low power microcontrollers + sharp memory LCD, but you're out of luck for much more unless you want to run many in parallel (stacked).
Time to start stealing hospital waste.

Attached: 28-Pin-CERDIP-2-400x300.jpg (400x300, 33K)

Found an actual picture of those, not just a render.

Attached: 151236358987776400.jpg (500x354, 40K)

Aliexpress.
No, seriously.

These things are fucking stupid. Youtubers found out that you can make the same thing by taping two solar panels around some of those keychain tritium glow tubes.

A regular silver oxide coin cell could probably also provide more power with a similar life.

Coin cells won't last as long, and homemade ones only output a fraction of the power.
That said, they're basically useless outside of their primary applications - namely pacemakers, for their totally sealed nature, nonexistent maintenance, and very high reliability.
I've already seen that video, it's how I found about those specifically to begin with.

>muh renewables
Enjoy not having baseload.

I thought it was a free country?

'constant power source'
'constant energy output'
'200+ years'

what the fuck?

>dirty bomb meme
stop this

the guys who actually work in defense know how shit of a meme this is that they dont even consider dirty bombs a threat, partially due to the fact that people think that there is no threshold for radiation induced cancer and that a few kilograms of strontium is somehow going to perfectly vapourize and kill everyone. Let me put this into perspective. The reactors at fukushima daichi spewed out more radioactive material than any dirty bomb ever will yet only one person is thought to have died of radiation and most of the exclusion zone is habitable after removing some topsoil.

t. masters in nuclear engineer engineering

If you saw the video then you saw that his home made cell actually produces more power than the commercial one at 10% of the cost.

Also the commercial one claims an output of 50-350 nano amps at max of 2.4 volts. Tritium has a half life of 12.34 years so the useful life of the tritium battery is entirely dependent on your specific application but dropping to 50% power is a pretty good threshold... so 0.00000035Amps*12.34*365 days*24hours = 0.03783444 Ah .. or 37.8 mAh.

A standard CR2032 coin cell will give you 150-200mAh easily at a similar voltage.

embedded.com/electronics-blogs/break-points/4429960/How-much-energy-can-you-really-get-from-a-coin-cell-

There is a reason why a modern quartz watch can run for almost 10 years on a single battery and which are much smaller than a CR2032 might I add. If you seal your application well and keep the inside dry, a coin cell from the corner store will last far longer than a $3000 tritium battery.