Good alternative to Dickscord?

Good alternative to Dickscord?
I know Mumble is good but I need muh free servers and want to convince my friends.
Not if Murmur port forwarding is the way.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=how to set up a mumble server
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Irc

host your own mumble server

Host your own mumble server

Checked, will do.
Quick rundown on how to for a beginner?

"Hey user, well played, what's your discord we should play more!"
"I don't have discord join my Mumble server"
"Mumble? whats that do i have to install it? eww no thanks. see you some other time"
>forever empty steam friendslist

This goes both ways faggot

>making friends with botnet apologists
I want reddit to leave

but it's all of his friends vs himself, he will lose

Just use discord, your friends don't want to use a different service. Stop being autistic and paranoid and just use discord.

very nice

Attached: nice.jpg (1252x704, 139K)

lmgtfy.com/?q=how to set up a mumble server

Literally the only definition of botnet is a network of infected computers controlled by a main computer. Programs and websites you do not like does not= botnet. Stop using the word wrong. Why do you think the word is botnet? How do you think that word relates to what you think it means?

so many gets
but fpbp

Teamspeak

>He doesn't know

>secretly records info about all the programs ono your computer
>sells your info to the highest bidder
>not a botnet
>being this new

They're not using your data to DDOS sites, that's what a botnet does. Data mining is not botnet. You're all using the word wrong, stop it.

either newfag or bait

Go read the Wikipedia page for botnet. You're using the word wrong, I'm using it correctly. Kill yourself.

Host murmur, and open ports on your router. Your computer will 'listen' on a port specified by you, and so you need to set in your router to forward traffic to your router to your computer's internal address.

then use your external address:port to connect.
Your external address is basically the router, so you have to tell the router to send all traffic on port x to port x on the computer the server is being hosted on.

Buy a raspberry pi and make a Murmur server on it. It's easy as fuck and you can have it fully set up in less than 10 minutes.

sudo apt install mumble-server
get it's ini file and place it somewhere, edit whatever you want
run murmurd pointing to the ini file
open the port on your router, and if you've enabled firewall open it on your host computer
you can set up the superuser password if you want to be able to add custom rooms and dick around with user permissions

fpbp

hownew.ru

Got a raspberry pi lying around doing nothing.
Thanks for reminding me, will probably do this.

whats wrong with discord

Bloated, non-private, requires an account

>bloated
ok i see that one
>non-private
ok fbi sees my DMs. guess ill use a different means of communication to plan my illegal deeds
>requires account
and?

>non-private
omg officer would read my DotA chat!?!??!?!?
Grow up.

Host a private Matrix server on a raspberry pi.

>sir it says here you said that all pudge players are kike loving niggers, we have decided to put you on a public list wrongthinkers
whilst this doesn't happen yet, it's highly possible that something like this could happen.

Literally 0 arguments. I want to talk with a friend, our conversations should be private. This is like forcing a restaurant employee to listen to a conversation I have with my friends while we eat. I don't want that and if you believe this is normal then you're a mentally retarded degenerate.
Are ameritards this cucked? I hear your parents literally bought creepy dolls to watch you while you sleep to condition you into believing that constant surveillance is a good thing. Grow the fuck up and have some self-respect. Why would you let a random company AND a government place a camera and microphone into every room of your house? Literally kys.

I think if you use Skype on mobile its actually quite good latancy and fast.

the mumble phone app lags. so if you playing on console or what ever using skype is better if you want out of game coms.. thou i guess you might just use system level at that point but maybe that lags more than skype idknow.

advice in this thread is dumb mumble lags way more than discord and will literally make you loose games. literally talking about a entire second delay compared to discord.

discord is popular beacuse it has the fastest latancy and is easy to join.

*i mean the discord phone app lags.

What's wrong with discord? Jow Forums are the only autists on the entire web complaining about it.

face the truth user

privacy is dead

>discord is popular beacuse it has the fastest latancy
literally wrong
discord latency is trash, seconds of delay sometimes

If u have to use discord to erp with your faggot botnet friends just get Shelter and put it on a burner phone

Attached: r8mjzFR.jpg (926x926, 113K)

They are autistic and only self aware enough that they know they wont be able to contain themselves from talking about wanting to bang little girls and talk like .
Also too stupid to block it from taking any info besides chatlogs and account info.

there are a lot of free servers out there for mumble.
convincing normie friends is the hard part.
regarding performance, mumble is best.

>being this new

Why the FUCK, is there no self-hosted Discord like client?

Attached: 1523577473651.jpg (549x452, 40K)

What's right about it? I tried to look at it and all I saw was yet another proprietary centralized botnet service.

Discord is actually quite popular among pedos, another reason not to use it

100% newfag

Matrix

pedos exist on every chat client and site, in fact bringing that up on Jow Forums of all places is ridiculous.
If your choice is between downloading discord to talk to your friends while self moderating; or forcing all the people you talk to over to some Jow Forums approved chat client that nobody else uses on the off chance that intel cares about what dragon dildo you prefer, you should just suck it up or deal with being alone.

Run your mumble server
Open your ports on router
Give your IP address to your friends
Have them connect to your mumble server
Profit~!!!!

My friends don't use discord because they aren't retards.
>forcing all the people you talk to over to some Jow Forums approved chat client that nobody else uses
Why are you trying to force me to use discord? How much are they paying you? I'll consider using it if you give me a cut

>I need muh free servers and want to convince my friends.
thread topic with the point being that nobody should force anybody en masse to use a certain software and with that, also means I don't give a flying fuck what you use, just that if you ever feel like bending friends to your will, you should try bending half way first.

Nice try but the only one who is trying to bend people to their will is discord who don't allow third party clients, don't offer federation, and don't allow users to develop or run their own servers.

That would be a good thing.