Jow Forums help me decide between Ryzen 2600 and i7 8086k

Jow Forums help me decide between Ryzen 2600 and i7 8086k

Not a troll. I'm making a very small form factor pc with restrictive thermals, so I'll probably even have to delid the 8086k. 9th gen intel processors don't delid very well.

My other choice is just forget maxing performance & go for value. Ryzen 2600 is no hassle, pop it in the case and forget about it.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X-vs-Intel-Core-i7-8086K/3956vsm516988

The 8086k is only 20% better than the Ryzen 2600. For everyday tasks Ryzen is just as good, right?

Attached: fast-processor.jpg (1500x1000, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-2700-vs-Intel-Core-i7-8086K/3957vsm516988
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>delid for thermals in a cooling restricted scenario
Are you retarded?

Why go with the 2600 instead of the 2700 its about the same price as the 8086k and runs way cooler.

Ryzen uses less power for everyday tasks so it'd be better for a situation like this.

VIA

What is your use case? If you want to go for gaming at 144hz and such the 8086 would be better, but you would need a beefy cooler for it, which is hard to get in an SFF case unless you go for a small AIO.
The 2600 or even 2700 can do fine with an aircooler, but you will lose out on some raw performance.
Personally, I have a 1700 and use it to game on a 144hz screen and I do just fine, but I can't hit the 144hz on all games so do keep that in mind.
Another thing to remember is that Intel has better SFF motherboards to chose from, while AM4 is more limited, so make sure you also find which motherboard you will be pairing your CPU with before you buy.

> I'm making a very small form factor pc with restrictive thermals
Ryzen 2400G. No dedicated GPU -> much lowered power consumption.

Alright I can see that. Now i'm wondering 2700 vs 8086

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-2700-vs-Intel-Core-i7-8086K/3957vsm516988

The question is now whether that 8086k single core performance is worth $200 and delidding hassle.

Your thermals will be out of fucking control with an Intel build in SFF.

I will make it simple for you.
Will you game at 144hz? If the answer is no, then there's your answer.
If the answer is yes, and you can fit a high end GPU in your SFF case, then you should consider the Intel part.

>very small form factor pc with restrictive thermals

Stupid choice. Smallfaggotry reks performance and a cubic foot or so is hardly worth that unless you live in shoebox.

I see. Ty

What GPU are you planning on pairing it with? If it's something like a 1060, go Ryzen.

> deciding between CPU that are like 50x as powerful as smartphones that already easily handle "everyday" tasks, only to probably augment them with another 100x the transistors on a GPU
> everyday tasks
Are your processing power requirements really more than not only a J5005, but also a 200GE and Ryzen 2400G?

People got no clue what kind of monstrous CPU/APU we got now.

Ryzen, you'll be able to upgrade w/the same socket until 2020.

Ryzen works better for your use case.

Get 200GE, then upgrade to zen 2 without having to buy a new motherboard

Take pic related with a grain of salt tho

Attached: huge.png (1119x719, 633K)

Then sell 200ge, though I'd keep it as a backup CPU desu.

This is reasonable, but I can't see why OP even has to plan to upgrade any time soon even with a 200GE.

It should be enough for typical "everyday use" for many years.

Delidding will only help to carry away the heat from the chip itself better to your heatsink. If there's only a small turd heatsink as it's normal in a very small form factor delidding will not do shit. go for a 2700, it runs by far cooler. stop using userbenchmark while you're at it.
Remember ryzen needs a dedicated gpu and intel's integrated is dogshit. you would probably be fine with a 2200G/2400G

>very small form factor pc with restrictive thermals
ryzen hands down