TempleOS General

Freshly Installed Edition.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (640x480, 10K)

Some questions:
>how much will programming in HolyC help me get better at C/C++?
>how do I get sound working in VB Windows 10?
>are there any active forks/developments?
>any guide to ricing it to get these blinking lights to stop?
>any reviews from professionals in CS? I'd love it if Kernighan took a looksie

Where is the IRC channel for this?

HOW CAN I RUN TEMPLEOS FROM AN A E S T H E T I C C old computer? I need help finding a case+monitor in one that I can just shove my modern 64 bit processor into. Pic related. Small monitor, with CPU inside, and a separate keyboard.

Attached: old1.jpy.jpg (474x355, 21K)

so you niggers don't even use this, just meme about it?

>so you niggers don't even use this, just meme about it?
Only niggers don't use TempleOS.

TempleoS is more dead than Terry

I'm going to fractal terrain generation (3d midpoint displacement) to learn 3d templeos graphics. I took babbys first linear algebra last year and made 3d graphics from scratch with just templeos drawline() but 3d graphics are already built into templeos and implemented much better than I ever could, complete with sprite editors and all that.

I'd like to know why the flight simulator is all fucked up looking, I guess it does some fancy predictive stuff that I don't understand. I mean like how the water and land clip into each other and mountains disappear from view randomly, looks fucking awful but it has to do with prediction of what's out of your fov and not actually doing all the transformations, or something like that.

>did i ever tell you about the time i saw a plastic bag floating in the wind and it looked like an astronaut having sex? wut
my fave terry quote

sounds comfy user, how do you like it as a programming environment?

what can you get hte lines of code down to if you cut the games and other fluff?

the font size and resolution sort of forces very compact style for one thing, makes you want as little spacing as possible. normally I'd say this is bad but it's a problem that fixes itself because the font is so large and spaced out that it's readable and looks alright. keybinds are kind of lacking, feels bad coming from vim but it's not horrible. feels authentic I guess.
If you press alt-2 you get a bunch of special chars like greek letters and ability to do subscripts and it feels pretty natural to use, I'd never use weird greek unicode or subscript shit in conventional code but templeos feels like such a neat self enclosed box that it's okay

>keybinds are kind of lacking
as an emacs user who recently installed, one of my first missions is going to be writing more keybind support so I can wean off the mouse entirely..

Right now my biggest gripe is all the blinking lights and the text crawlers, but overall I love it. I've always wanted C64 and a Lisp Machine, and TempleOS is close enough to both of them imo with the bonus of being endorsed by God.

/g fanboys should step-up

the temple only runs on 64 bit machines nigga

yikes you do know the templeos website was hacked and someone put malware in latest version

Still waiting for his death to be confirmed.

#include
#include
#include

what the fuck even is this OS

I use TempleOS every day. Granted I have implemented lots of shit so I can use it the same way people use Windows

THE CIA NIGGERS GLOW IN THE DARK
YOU CAN SEE EM IF YOU DRIVIN
YOU JUST RUN EM OVER THATS WHAT YOU DO
FUCKING CIA NIGGERS

It's pretty pointless to put malware in an OS that can't be used to do anything useful, unless it's got a VM-escaping 0-day or some shit, but nobody would burn such valuable 0-days on that.