/mkg/ - its over edition

Its over... mechanical keyboard general is finished we have let him part away

F

Attached: itsover.jpg (4000x3000, 2.54M)

Okay so can we finally agree that the Dell L100 is the only keyboard you need and there is no point for this general.

no

Is there any europoor shop that actually has something other than shit switches in stock? I just want a Leopold fc900pd in blue and grey with mx clears.
But both candykeys and mykeyboard say they're out of stock. Candykeys says the black one is coming, but it's on pre-order, the date was already moved back a month and now they've missed it again.
I got the feeling that even if I order the black one it'll never come. Pretty much the only keyboards that are available have blue red or brown

Having this hobby in yurop is suffering.

Posted this in another thread but no one answered...

>buy $60 Anne Pro 2 because want to be cool
>keys has that satisfying klak klak klak
>spacebar literally sounds like cowbells
Is it supposed to sound like this? My old spacebar has the klak.

pretty ironic that you have to buy Cherry switches through aliexpress.

probably not, just terrible stabilizers and to change them you will need to desolder every single switch. Great price but mediocre performance, they should make a QMK firmware and stop tryharding.

how long does lube typically last in switches? if I go through the effort of lubing a batch, how long will it stay lubed?

>tfw Unicomp and Chink topre

It might be hipster, but it's what I like

Is this thing better than standard razer or corsair shit? I need something that lights up and is full size.

Attached: featurebox04-2x-2.jpg (960x820, 137K)

>Chink topre
wtf i want one

If you use a good quality silicone grease, like 20 years.

oh damn. does it not degrade either? maybe it's worth the couple hours then

ye my father uses whale grease for industrial machinery pretty gud

>I need something that lights up and is full size.
Ducky

It gets hard after about twenty years. You need proper 100% silicone grease though, the kind that says food safe. Any other crap in there will likely fuck the plastic after ten years.

This is the shit I have

Attached: 61smIwrWIxL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1000, 47K)

Get some krytox if you want to go full autism.

the original IBM model M is better than the unicomp ones.
unicomp are a bunch of jews and try to use the least material to make their keyboards as possible.

Just looked at a few and found some I like. Question is, since Im relatively new to these, which switch do I choose? I do a bit of gaming and then general word processing.

If there's an option, get mx clears.

Do yo want tactile or linear? If you want tactile, clears. If you want linear reds or blacks depending on how much weight you'd like. I'm assuming you don't want clicky.

I didn't know that was good for switches but that's what I use for my stabs. How does it compare to 3204 and 205g0?

babby's first keyboard here just interested in aesthetics is there another site like WASD that will let me customize every key color ?

Clear is an option ($11 as conpared to $4 for reds or browns) but that isnt an issue. From what I quickly read is that brown is a good in-between, while red and black tend to be primarily for straight gaming. How do clears differ from browns?

yes, aliexpress

Brown tactility is shit, super weak. MX clears are the only cherry switches with tactility that isn't crap.

Clears are heavier, and have a more noticeable tactile bump. Browns feel almost linear.

Can anyone recommend me some key caps to spruce up my TADA68? I want to keep mostly or at least some of the stock caps. Just want to make it uniquely mine.
I do like the look of the Vortex Race 3 colored caps, just looking for other suggestions.

Attached: TADA68_Black_02_1024x10242.jpg (1000x1000, 70K)

No switch is going to give you an edge gaming or typing, it's all about the feel that you like. I game and type on 68g vintage blacks and they're my favorite mx style switch I've tried for any use. So again, if you want tactility, clears, if you want linears, reds or blacks.

There is the godspeed MT3 buy up on assdrop right now. Outside of these autism circles it'd be a pretty unique looking set.

fpbp

Are silvers something I should consider? As of right now Im gravitating towards the clears.

KBDfans sells some CMYK and RGBY mods in cherry profile, they also sell some weeby spacebars if that's what you're into. Those kind of things would let you keep some of the default caps while still getting your unique look.

The gimmick with silvers is that they actuate sooner. Not really that important to be honest.

In my opinion silvers are too light and easy to accidentally press. They don't give you any kind of speed advantage despite what reddit gamers think. Some people like the high actuation point though.

Think Ill go with clears thanks for all the help guys.

Silvers are just reds with slightly shorter travel, and reds are pretty light with no feedback so accidental presses are pretty common.

That's the good stuff. You're golden. Anything more than that is a meme.

Maybe you can answer this then

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

You know how in all hobby stuff, things are repackaged in tiny amounts and relabeled to be much more expensive since the hobbyists are using less? That's what's going on.

Like how you can buy a huge 32oz bottle of Future liquid acrylic when it's labeled as floor wax for $3 but a 1oz bottle of the same thing labled as acrylic water paint base in modelling is $4. But it's the exact same thing.

The only thing to worry about with lubes is the viscosity, reaction, and conductivity. Pure silicone handles the latter 2, so the only thing you have to worry about when shopping for the rest is the viscocity. If you're looking for alternate ones, just remember like electric fan oil is thin, vs grease which is thick.

And also that some switches just don't take to lubing well, especially if the tolerances are real tight. I just say go with grease and if that's too thick then you don't need it. Also, don't over-apply or things will get gummy.

You didn't answer my question, both the lubes I mentioned are less viscous than super lube, which is not commonly used on switches. How does something that thick compare to the two I mentioned in terms of feel?

What do yallmst cunts and coons think of this thing?

Attached: large_MY68NL1WLLPaNDv_1.jpg (2000x1333, 157K)

Is this worth it? Does anyone have it?

Attached: Redragon Kumara K552.jpg (500x500, 24K)

looks gay

Pretty gaudy to be honest.

You use the viscosity relevant to the switch. Superlube is best for big vintage switches. Hall effects, magnetic valves, big keytronic, buckling springs, even alps but only on the slider rails. Generally, you want to go as thick as possible because the lube will hold location better. Thick lube, thin application.

That thin runnier stuff is for things like cherries, which is their primary market. It's also more idiot proof as you can't over-apply it so easily.

Then why are the thinner ones a meme if they're better for MX style switches?

what do you guys think of having a USB-C teensy for custom boards? is that something you may want?

I have it. I got it in gateron blue and I'm starting to get tired of the high pitched clicking, so i have mixed feelings about that. But the actual board is pretty solid for the low price, i got mine for ~$30.
>t. My first mech board

There's already this anyway.

Attached: proton C.jpg (2048x1365, 331K)

Because you can buy the thinner ones in bulk packaging just like Superlube for cheap. You can get a huge bottle of Liquid Bearings for example for not much at all.

Cool, what are the bulk versions of 3204 and 205g0, liquid bearings is much runnier.

Yes, it's worth the price.

The bulk for Krytox PTFE is GPL 204 and so on. Pure PTFE is totally unnecessary though. Just get silicone with PTFE. And if you're really feeling like you just have to have the perfect personal blend, then just buy the silicone oil and mix it with the superlube you already own to make a batch of your preferred consistency.

Nice, thanks for the tips user.

I hate gaymershit but that keycap design has a lot of potential. Any more like this?

Is it more loud than standard mg?

If it were up to me, I'd keep USB mini until the end of time. Micro isn't better at all, and C only seems useful in being able to flip it around. Keyboards really don't benefit from any of the other advancements that come with that port type.

Not sure exactly what you mean, but it's pretty loud. I don't have any experience with other mechanical keyboards other than the shitty mx brown gaymer keyboards on display at Best Buy

>how cam we make our shitty thin caps even cheaper
>cut off the bottom of the cap!
>how will we sell this, our consumers might have a functioning brain
>we'll market it to gamers!
Genius

Is there a compact, programmable keyboard that's similar to the Tada68, but has a split spacebar? Hitting the FN key here is uncomfortable, and I'd like to reach the function layer with my left thumb

Attached: 20181203_224548.jpg (3264x2448, 1.81M)

KBD66 supports split spacebars, but has fewer keys. Almost the same PCB is used in the KBD661, but the plate on that is far more restrictive so it doesn't support split spacebars, even though the PCB does.

I'd be embarrassed to be caught typing on that, even if it actually feels good.

What's the potential of it. There's no point in doing it without low profile switches

all those USB ports are crap. Keyboards should use USB Type B, end of story

Theres no point in not doing it

Is the Masterkeys PRO S a good TKL?

yes

Why the fuck is this this garbage known as jixian allowed to exist? this shit literally feels like needles going straight to my ears

Attached: Jixian_Blue_grande.png (600x600, 130K)

>tfw debating on buying an hhkb
I can get one for cheap...

Attached: 3C20B815-4338-4865-AD1C-A6327297A00D.jpg (3003x3003, 1.2M)

Certainly not.
Go hang yourself.

This actually made me laugh cause I use this stuff all of the time. You don't really have any, though.

Attached: 20181205_024507.jpg (1512x2016, 354K)

candykeys.com
they ship from munich/germany

Is $60 OK for a very good condition Dell at102w? I know the windows keys ones aren't as valuable or collectible, so I was just wondering

Here's your keyboard, bro

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1200x798, 83K)

Aukey sells the exact same board with different layouts.

Read the post again. MX clears or other rarer switches are either out of stock or seemingly indefinitely on pre-order

Get zealios instead they're what you're actually looking for

Thanks for your unwarranted opinions, can someone answer now?

Attached: chloe_shehulk.jpg (1024x683, 73K)

FPBP
SPWP

Kb?

Lc.

>I need something that lights up
>need
>NEED
End it, buddy

Just got my pbt keycaps from enjoypbt, new plate (transitionned from iso to ansi) and some zealios 65g and holy shit those switches are really fucking good, coming from cherry browns, they make a huge difference and the pbt feels really smooth too.
Pic related is my Pok3r.

Attached: nice.jpg (4032x3024, 1.85M)

>order keycaps at the end of november to get the keyboard build train finally rolling
>but no money for keyboard yet
>"eh, whatever, caps will be in transit for a month anyway"
>surprise, caps will arrive this week

anyone wanna lend me two hundred bucks real quick?

got this badboy today and an acrylic tofu yesterday. just waiting for the switches now
the pcb wasn't supposed to have a screw socket between G and H but evidently it does. not sure what's up with that

Attached: IMG_20181205_170159~01.jpg (1280x960, 286K)

Hello guys, my first post here, so let's hope this goes well. The Logitech K120 is the best keyboard I have ever tried. It only cost me 8£ brand new. Why is it good you ask? I shall tell you.

Well, first of all: this keyboard is from Logitech, which is undoubtedly the best keyboard manufacturer today. It is a rather common keyboard, yes; but because it is a Logitech, somehow it doesn't feel cheap. It's like the brand itself makes a crappy keyboard turn into a great one. I don't know, Logitech has always made me feel comfortable with cheaper products. The keys are superbly well distributed, and your fingers won't touch the surrounding keys like some other ones I've tried. The keys are also not very soft, nor very hard to press down on. You know, this keyboard makes it just right, so that you can actually take advantage of the impulse that the rebounding keys give you.

This keyboard makes you feel like gravity is actually working WITH you, rather that against you.

Another thing I absolutely love about it, is the space bar. It is just the right size, and not too small or too big like on some other crappy keyboards from other manufacturers. The space bar is the most balanced key in the whole keyboard, it sits right at the center, and you can actually use it without looking at the keyboard. I mean, that's just brilliant design. It's an USB keyboard. This makes it perfect for use with modern computers, and even laptops and netbooks. No more using that old crappy PS/2 port. We're in 2018, people. I could be here all day, but in the end, I just wanted to share with you my experience with this marvelous piece of peripheral engineering. I recommend this keyboard to anyone.

Attached: 9BE1C709-EE18-402B-9590-FCD43919887B.png (800x687, 331K)

gtfo grandpa. come back when you find out what a real keyboard is, like the G103 i'm using right now.
let me tell you, it blows your garbage office button salad into the fucking stratosphere. your mind would be in a thousand pieces if you got a chance to lay your normie hands on it.

Attached: Logitech-G103-Gaming-Keyboard-For-LOL-CF-Dedicated-programming-Wired-Game-Keyboard.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 70K)

>desoldering a poker and changing its layout
damn, at that point I would have just gotten a new board and sold the old one

>Dell L100
how do you know what keyboard i have?

reading this, explain it to me with a meme

Have you tried lubricating the stabilizer thingies? That helped my space bar rattle a lot

I mixed in a little bit of Super Lube 51004 (oil) to thin out the grease and my switches turned out great.

The pcb already supported ansi, and it seemed like a fun project. Also, i love their layout (arrows on ijkl, etc) and I don’t see myself with another keyboard

could have gotten a properly programmable one and you could have put them wherever you like

I ordered cypher with clears from there few days ago.

Everyone has that keyboard. I suspect that it will end up becoming the model M of the zoomer generation.

>le press F meme
I always knew /mkg/ was just another /v/ offshoot.

Attached: 1470152167113.png (328x408, 48K)