The future is ARM chromebooks and you will like it

Attached: 1538883846908.png (179x250, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hongkiat.com/blog/free-cloud-os/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sadly you're correct. I remember 5 years ago when you weren't getting laid in Uni unless you had a $1,600 Apple laptop and an iPhone. Now everybody has Chromebooks.

I, for one, welcome our new ARM overlords.

Yea right just like tablets were supposed to be the future.

>Celery

I thought the future is female, but Chromebooks will do it, too.

Attached: o_o.jpg (707x668, 63K)

With more and more chromebooks, more people will try ricing out their "desktops" and install a linux distro like GalliumOS. This means the year of the Linux Desktop is one step closer

> ARM
> chromebooks
top kek. RIP chromebooks.
> year of the linux desktop
keep praying, user.

I don't need to because 2019 will be the year of the linux for desktop

Same, based ARM.

Attached: 1466560855353.jpg (250x213, 9K)

>Chromebook
>Celeron
>4GB Ram
>16GB eMMC

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 82K)

Are there any new arm chromebooks coming out?

great, now i hate it

Attached: 1526091435680.jpg (399x400, 47K)

6th gen iPad Air beats that.

Why did you post a picture of an x86 Chromebook then?

I'm quite happy with my similarly specced cheap Chromebook running GNU/Linux. 2GB of RAM and a 16GB non eMMC SSD though. Been using it since 2014 I think.

Dell makes decent computers I guess , but their tech support is awful , can't even speak proper English , and can't be trusted to fix your computer or even work on your desktop as they insist on doing. The warranty is not fully trustworthy.

I though Chromebooks were kill

It's just a browser, you don't need 8 cores cause it's not bloated winshit
t. been shitposting for over a year on a celery chromebook

God I'd love a cheap ARM chromebook with a >900p screen, and Haiku to be ported to ARM, so I could have the best OS on hardware that uses little power and is designed for being parallel over being fast.

> unironically using the haiku botnet

>haiku
>botnet
???

Lol celeron my midrange oppo is faster

>ARMshit
Into the trash it goes.

>lol I have a faster meme rendering machine that has 1/4th the battery life

Is it connected to the internet? It's botnet then.

Terry? Is that you?

no one likes arm, in all this years there's not a single serious piece of software made for that architecture

>2k video blocks your path

The future/present is smartphones and your outnumbered already.

How long until I open my cereal packet and get a free laptop?

RISC Architecture is going to change everything.

Attached: hackers1.jpg (970x545, 97K)

I used to work in an IT dept where one of the head managers used to have a contract with google they will be discontinuing Chromebooks in favor of fucsia in the future

Does it have IPS?

I fixed an HP Chromebook 14 2013 model for my girlfriends friend, if i remember right, it had a failing 16 gb ngff ssd, intel 2955u?
I replaced the ssd in favor of some 60 gb one. Very easy to do, nowadays they are all soldered on to the motherboard, when it fails, it's fucked. It's idiotproof, and for $50-60 I can get it and give one to my mother, who has been wanting to learn how to use a computer (Actually using google chrome for banking, facebook, moving files)

If you want to do serious stuff, of course it's not going to be the best for some times, but hey, learn to assimilate in this new world order to make a profit on these sheep. Join the x220-x230 'tism group like I have.

>this post (C) 1985 MIPS Technologies. All wrongs repeated.

That the laptop in the OP isn't plenty says more about modern software than the hardware itself.
t. uses chromebook with similar specs with emacs and it's great

Ahh, "Year of Desktop Linux" version 1.

I just found a 2012 Surface RT at work yesterday. I wish I could do fucking anything at all with it.

Unrelated but speaking of hackers what kind of computer is that in pic. Never seen anything like it and I'm grandpafag.

Attached: 1234.jpg (1920x820, 170K)

We will be at war with China before ARM ever gets gud.

why shouldn't you trust a company that works in tandem with the chinese government to bring forth the dawn of a totalitarian technocracy.

just embrace all the biometrics, data harvesting and digital censorship they're pushing. in exchange you'll get easy access to facebook & better recommendations on amazon. not to mention the swaggest notebook on the block.

>totalitarian technocracy
Name one thing wrong with this

>he fell for the 4gig Mem

What chromebook around 300 should I buy ?

> being this delusional
i love linux, but at least i know what is fucking realistic.

Are you brain-dead, OP? It says Celeron right there. That's not an ARM chip

Why do you need storage when there's the CLOUD?

OS on the cloud when?

Attached: thumbnailImage.png (632x411, 297K)

hongkiat.com/blog/free-cloud-os/

>not using a cheap thinkpad like x240 or x250

>letting chinks spy on you constantly

Hard pass.

it's the future goyim. the technocracy will protect you from committing though-crime or viewing unlicensed memes. you can even sync it with your robo-waiu

Isn't this just going back to a mainframe-terminal setup but with more big brother spying?

see

I see your point: it's really a mainframe-terminal-waifubot system with big brother spying and waifubot assassinations of uppity proles.

Because they are affordable laptops you can sling in your schoolbag and not worry too much about. And all your work is synced online so you can continue on your more powerful computer back at the dorm.
It's a pity MS didn't price the Surface Go a bit more competitively, i could have seen that being popular. If it wasn't for the fact i need to do slightly more than what ChromeOS offers i'd actually consider one.

just imagine, a cyber-waifu, synced to the cloud and constantly harvesting ALL your info while matching it to your five senses and spying on you for the government...
>your financial staus
>what you eat & how/when you do potty
>what clothes your wear
>what kind of kinky sex shit you're into
>detailed information of your home & decor
>much messy/how often your home is cleaned
>what kind of house hold items that are used
>when you go to bed or when you feel like sex
>what games/movies/music/books/ you enjoy
>your medical records and when you're sick
>the stuff you tell your robo-waifu in confidence
>what leisure activities you partake in