Why does Jow Forums have to look like something designed last century? That's because it was, sure

Why does Jow Forums have to look like something designed last century? That's because it was, sure.

Why now though, in 2018, is it still one of the most digusting looking pieces of software/technology in the visible universe?

Attached: 05-12-2018 01_35_49.png (683x484, 90K)

it matches with the userbase :^)

It's supposed to look like a bulletin board

Attached: 42685192-colorful-sticky-notes-on-cork-bulletin-board.jpg (1300x866, 161K)

fpbp

t. boostrapped material designer and tech-philosopher

t. js-idolizing webcuck

If it triggers you, then just install Jow Forums-X and Onee-chan. I like the basic design because it's lightweight, one of the few websites left that doesn't use 100 niggabytes of JS just to display text and pictures.

This. I'm tired of being ass raped by bloat everytime I load a webpage.

If you don't like it then you can go back to plebit.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

Attached: Untitled.png (1898x953, 178K)

max comfy

stealth squarespace posting
kek

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 9K)

Unironically Kneck

Dumb thought process. Improvement should always be strived towards.

Material design is not an improvement

Isn't it?

Wow, look, I brought Jow Forums into 2018. Doesn't this look like a better experience? It's much more phone friendly, everything is easy to read and tap on.

Attached: LookMah.jpg (848x1273, 140K)

completely agree with you op

Ah, the weekly Hacker News troll comes to Jow Forums. Makes me want to start using tables again -- just to spite people who actually think like this.

Too high-contrast. The font isn't slim. I can read it without zooming in. Please fix.

Frames were never good.

No. Especially if it's at the cost of efficiency.

fuck no, the original look is part of the charm
change that and this place might as well be MySpace 2.0, the userbase will shrink just the same

I love the look so much, I wish more sites had simple, square table HTML looking sites.
Fast loading, and all function over form.

baste
kys

Because it works and preforms better than the dogshit you shit out OP with your dogshit coding skills.

>implying hiro could afford the redesign, let alone the bandwidth to run it

I thought that said
>let alone the bandwidth to ruin it
Was like ... yup, sounds about right.

>wants style over performance

BLOAT AND DIE

Does it really need more whitespace, fewer borders and more "fancy" sliding animations?

No

I have my complaints, but honestly this website was snappy fast a decade ago, and it still is, it's one of the reasons why I adore chans over forum software like Discourse.

At the very least all that I feel like Jow Forums needs today is to have posts in the center rather than all the way on the left, and to shrink the length of post boxes so that we don't have these single line posts that stretch across our monitors.

When I used to browse this site in 2007 on my 4:3 CRT these things weren't a problem, but we use 16:10 or 16:9 monitors now, and of higher resolution.

Thank fuck we can use custom stylesheets without greasemonkey scripts or shitty stylish extensions.

Attached: baitzkreig.jpg (1000x584, 52K)

Because i can CSS Jow Forums to look better than any dogshit design you have in your head OP and it still preforms better than your design would.

>tfw Jow Forums isn't an SPA
>no bloated JS slowly leaking memory and displaying a useless spinner on every operation
>tfw no infinite scroll which constantly breaks and loses your position on reload

It's a travesty, really it is.

The frontend for this site is what the Yotsuba software provides. You, however, are not limited to make your own frontend to beautify 4hcan. We don't want it, but it can be done to whatever you want.

kek

>light sight with elements that meet almost every UI ergonomics rule
>no eye cancer
>somehow shit

share your css