Have to browse the information superhighway to get your executables

>have to browse the information superhighway to get your executables
lol wintards

Attached: 1543760351456-g.jpg (552x635, 44K)

>doing everything through teletype
kek loonixers

Why can't wangtards just get a package manager? Sifting through the internet for random executable binaries has to be one of the most retarded ways to get software that I have ever heard. I can't believe these morons do this.

I know right? Just had to load the whole browser only to download git. This is outrageous.

> be linux user
> never read the source code to tools they've compiled
> implicitly trust anyone coding for linux
> adds repositories of strangers
wew lad.
> what is git for msys/mingw?
wew lad * 10

Linux is just a kernel.

> captain obvious is in the house!
thanks for sharing your incredible level of wisdom with us all. your power level is just too high for us to comprehend.

So say GNU/Linux if that is what you mean. Otherwise specify, rather than refer solely to the kernel.

fuck off and die, richard stallman.

Just saying "Linux" when referring to an operating system is vague, it could mean any of the dozen operating systems that use Linux.

The Linux kernel is part of the Linux operating system. Thank you, Mr. Torvalds, for making the Linux operating system.

t. freetard

Attached: tumblr_nynv8mV5qy1sikkeuo1_1280.jpg (960x1280, 164K)

>The Linux kernel
Nonsense statement, akin to calling Linus Torvalds "The Linus Toravalds Human".
>the Linux operating system
Android?
So which OS do you think Linux refers to and why does it not refer to the others that also use Linux?

The term freetard is offensive. Please use the term libretard.

Disagree, GNU is just a set of programs ontop of the kernal if you’re going to insist on calling it GNU/Linux you should be giving credit to everyone who made your dostro possible not just GNU and Linux. Since that would be rediculous and most users have moved to calling the whole OS Linux, using Linux seems like the better choice.

>thot in a home that looks straight out of fallout
Shocked. I'm shocked. Why do so many hot girls live in absolute squalor?

>GNU is just a set of programs ontop[sic] of the kernal[sic]
Like everything else in an OS, what is your point?
>if you’re going to insist on calling it GNU/Linux you should be giving credit to everyone who made your dostro[sic] possible not just GNU and Linux
GNU started the project, Linux was added once it became free. I don't see the issue. You know why they're called distros, right? Because they are distributions of the one operating system, which is GNU/Linux.
>Since that would be rediculous[sic] and most users have moved to calling the whole OS Linux, using Linux seems like the better choice
Why? There are many operating systems that use Linux. You can't just call one of them Linux and expect it to make sense. Maybe use Linux to refer to all operating systems that use Linux.

> Uses bloated apps on bloated OS
> kek look at the idiots using lightweight apps

Looks like someone has windowns syndrome

> Maybe use Linux to refer to all operating systems that use Linix

Yeah that’s what we all do and are suggesting. If you need to maks it more specific than add details as needed.

No you aren't. Since Linux based operating systems are so widely different it is uncommon to refer to them collectively. What does Android have in common with Alpine, for example?

They’re both Linux

Assumptions on top of assumptions. Any can never ever and will never be able to audit the code from any of their bloatware applications

>So which OS do you think Linux refers to and why does it not refer to the others that also use Linux?
I was trolling because my brain was on autopilot. Of course Linux is a kernel.

>The term freetard is offensive. Please use the term libretard.
kek

>Why do so many hot girls live in absolute squalor?
Yeah her home life was absolute shit. Her brother turned out an alcoholic before 18, but she managed to get a degree and is now living far away.

Attached: 040-1.jpg (1536x2048, 388K)

That good for her specifically, but I still don't understand the trend. Over half the time I see a good looking girl's selfshots online, either the mirror is dirty as fuck, or the house is dirty as fuck, etc.

They both use Linux, you mean.

No, that's only what deluded freetards mean.

>loonix user need wine to run any software at all
wow

There's literally 3 of those on Windows.
2 of them are built in.

Not if I only use open source, comrade

What are they?

They just use Linux in addition to other software. They are hardly using just Linux.

One could say the same about Windows, but when referring to the OS overall you're just being a pedantic ass.

Windows doesn't use Linux. It has a compatibility layer that mimics Linux.

Sorry, I didn't realize I was arguing with a fucking retard.

Good comeback. I guess I win.