Okay Jow Forums I need help from people that actually know shit about tech

Okay Jow Forums I need help from people that actually know shit about tech.

Im about to get a bunch of money (something that doesnt happen to me very often) and want to upgrade my pc. Should I get the most recent tech, a 2070 and 9600k, in the name of longevity, or should I just go with a 1070ti and 8600k? The main thing is I dont want to have to upgrade again for a while, but I know the newest gen gpus and cpus arent much of an upgrade, so is it even worth it?

Attached: benchmark.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

Get top of the line everything and upgrade as soon as something better comes out. Why do you care if it's a waste of money? You said you're getting a bunch and computer parts are pretty damn cheap in the grand scheme of things.

I'd suggest to get a 2080 (not to), and wait for ryzen 2 (probably March)
If you don't want to wait just get the 2080 and whatever Intel is shitting out

>intel and nvidia
>longevity
lol?

Intel CPUs only last if you get the top of the line like the 2600k or 4790k a few years ago, or the 9700k now.

If you expect 6 threads to last when it's not enough for games TODAY, then you are behind retarded.

Attached: stutterlake lives again.jpg (1243x706, 80K)

>Should I get the most recent tech, a 2070 and 9600k
If you believe that shit will have a much longer lifespan than a 1070ti and a 8600k when 7nm is only months away you are retarded.
The cpu's will be low-mid range once 7nm arrives. The 2070 offers next to nothing a 1070ti or a 1080 haven't offered for 2.5 years.
Both your choices are bad, but the 2070/9600k is by far the worse.

Okay so when i said a lot of money, I meant like 3 grand. Im a broke ass college student.
Anyways, I wanted to spend under $1000 on a cpu (and motherboard) and gpu that will get me good performance and good longevity.
And I play a fair amount of AAA titles so no this wont be a csgo machine.

What do y'all suggest?

9700k and Vega 64 would be slightly over $1000 for cpu+board+gpu.

You could save a lot by getting a 2700X instead. That' come in under or around $1000.

>What do y'all suggest?
Saving your money. Most tech is a waste of money. Most video games are a waste of time. There is nothing in the gaming world right now that is worth it. If you are in college you should really save your money

I don't understand, why is everbody on here pushing AMD now? I know Ryzen was a strong release, but is it really gonna stand the test of time? I thought intel was the way to go?

AMD is back in the game. Do some research. And don't blow all of your money

at this point, wait on zen 2, something will be out ces. rumor and pinch of salt leaks suggest they are going chiplet with it, and up to 16 cores, but potentially not backwards compatible with current motherboards, at least for 16 cores.

either way, you are so close to zen 2 launch, why not wait unless you have broken hardware? and in that case I still suggest a 2600/2600x and hold over till zen 2, hell, possibly a 1600 or 1700 as those are really cheap now.

leaks are suggesting navi will be around 250~ for above 1080 performance, unless needed now, I would wait.

>broke ass college student
>3k for a gayming pc
You are retarded. Period.
I'm going to university too. No job. He'll I only have roughly 4k€ total. You know what you shouldn't do when you don't have the money to spare? Buy overpriced and expensive computers.
Mine cost me ~1000€ 1.5 years ago. It's completely fine for every 1080p title. 1440p and 2160p capable machines are a luxury. They are something for people who have some money, not for poor college students.
Ffs get a 2600 for 160$, it's the budget King and you can slap a 7nm ryzen 3000 cpu in later if you need it.
For a gpu I would personally wait for nvidia/amd to release 7nm cards, so if you have a old graphics card use it or get a 1050/470 for 100$ and replace it too.
Or just wait half a year without buying something.

I'd expect more like $300, and you'll likely be waiting around 6 months. It's definitely not coming in Q1.

desu 300 seems more reasonable especially for the board partner cards.
I would go further and say earliest late Q2.

Im guessing you didn't read it all, I said I want to spend under 1000...

>Anyways, I wanted to spend under $1000 on a cpu (and motherboard) and gpu that will get me good performance and good longevity.
1k for cpu, gpu and mobo is still a lot for a broke faggot with just 3k$ in the bank.
Just save your money until something worth buying comes along.

/thread and checked.

It's not going to be 250, even in a crypto bear market miners are going to inflate the price.

This. But that is pretty much only because Intel has issues with smaller nm

unless you are going all out and spending like 2000$ you are better just getting a 200$ computer that performs the same as a 1000$ one. old 6core xeon on x58 literally performs the same as any ryzen cpu after a easy overclock and custom bios.

go big or go second hand imo. if you are spending more than 500$ on a gpu then buy new shit otherwise if your gpu is going to be 400-100$ get a old xeon imo they literally cost 20$ and perform the same as 250$ cpus.