Here is your pho- i mean computer bro

here is your pho- i mean computer bro

Attached: macbook-logic-board-780x514.jpg (780x514, 39K)

I don't see the issue.

the motherboard is the size of a few postage stamps

So?

>smoll = bad

Attached: Poggers.png (32x32, 3K)

so where is the computer? thats a phone running a PC OS

A phone is also a computer.

no a phone i a phone

It's probably better desu.
Apple haven't designed their laptops like laptops for years. Maybe a phone will do better since it's a passive system.

80% of the parts that used to be on the board are in the CPU now. It's efficient design.

A phone is a computer. Do you know what a computer is?

a phone is not a PC

In the literal sense it is. In the commonly used sense, anything that is not IBM compatible is not a PC. So which is it?

If seeing these teardowns doesn't just make you appreciate how much raw power Apple is able to get into these small packages just that much more, I don't even know why you're here.

Attached: XAVKrLNmWnE5CvRe.huge.jpg (1600x1200, 243K)

>If seeing these teardowns doesn't just make you appreciate how much raw power Intel is able to get into these small packages just that much more

>everything you are about to see here, was made by Intel...

Attached: AllIntel.png (1079x1220, 388K)

All the raw power is thanks to Intel, though.

Are you actually retarded or just very stupid?

All. The. Raw. Power. Is. Thanks. To. Intel.

It'll probably get even smaller when Apple move to their own silicon for CPUs. Good times.

>6% computer
>94% battery
w-why

Why not? What's the problem here?

It's not the power of the chip, you fucking moron. It's the incredibly tiny but complete system engineered around it that Intel had nothing to do with. That shit's all on the vendor.

>use shitty thin layer PCBs to maximize the routing options
>causes half of the problems that result in the computers getting thrown in the trash
It honestly is amazing anyone buys this shit.

> go to apple mcdonalds
> ask for cheeseburger
> get a thin slice of bread and a mountain of cheese
> “excuse me sir, I'd like some bread for my cheese”
> he laughs
> I laugh
> I blow up the store with my Note 7

user shouldnt you be in middle school class paying attention instead of shitposting on 4channel?

You got more food of actual nutritional value than useless empty calories. What's the problem again?

The problem here is that even with that percentage of battery the battery life is shit.

Define shit. Mine gets 12 hours.

not sure how I feel about this. At this point, it just feels like a glorified smartphone. On the other hand, for ultraportability it's great. Not sure how much power you can really get out of this though

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1531479885153.gif (500x491, 376K)

How much when you actually use it?

Attached: 1543076134614-0.jpg (1114x624, 131K)

I'll take that as considerably less.

Is fucking hard to fix or upgrade it with new parts

It's looks like you build a laptop using a raspberry

>thatll be $1999 plus tip

1965:
>Every two years computers become half the size, isn't technology great?
2018:
>WHY COMPUTER TOO SMALL? GRUG WANT BIG MAN COMPUTER!

based and sataniapilled

more than my x220 thats for sure. at that price point and for what people do on it (video rendering) I really don't see the issue here at all. it is a powerful computer, if anything other manufacturers should get a clue from this and add more batteries to laptops. who cares if the PCB is the size of a postage stamp as long as it does the job.

placing orders at foxconn, means shit.
you can do it too.
what we don't see in this picture
>dongle for vga
>dongle for ethernet
>usb hub to plug more than 2 devices
>TB to USB converter, to use a mouse or plug a usb thumbdrive
>mini-DP to DP dongle
>mini-DP to hdmi dongle
apple laptops have been degenerated into tablets with a different screen layout.
there's no engineering challenge in soldering everything on one pcb and shipping it as a product.
In fact, apple has fucked up generations of iproducts by doing this simple thing the wrong way.
You should expect your computer not to work when one of your TB controller dies and pay for a new one because not even apple will bother changing a chip...
...and that's how apple silently sends you to louis rossmans around the world to fix what apple isn't capable of doing.

>what we don't see in this picture
If you need all that, why are you buying a laptop without it? Don't blame a company for your poor choices. They don't offer such ports so quit giving them money.
>there's no engineering challenge in soldering everything on one pcb and shipping it as a product.
lawl, go to a factory and see things for yourself, there are challanges in doing the simplest things. Apple is using flawed designs and hardware, so you know what I do? I don't give them money for such products. If people actually cared they'd do the same. People vote with their money, they don't care.

Attached: horses.png (600x337, 152K)

That looks nothing like a bowl of pho, you spaz.

When I come home I plug in a single cable and I am immediately connected to my keyboard, mouse, storage, display, and power outlet. No dongles here. Enjoy fumbling around plugging and unplugging in shit for an entire minute when you need take your laptop somewhere.

I don't know about raw power, but apple sure has cornered the market on raw marketing and cult-like fanbases.

LOL try shoving a 9980XE in there. No matter how genius the engineers are it will overheat within one second. The power of the chip DO MATTER.

How can Louis fix a board that tiny

Those Razer phone dock notebooks make more sense compared to this.

When will be get phones with laptop processors?

modern motherboards are more challenging to manufacture than a small pcb, without the power delivery, one type of interconnection and everything else soldered on the surface.
>If you need all that, why are you buying a laptop without it?
I guess nobody needs those, but somehow apple sells all these shit.
Just like the 3.5mm jack, nobody needed it, no they removed and then started selling 3.5mm converters.

sane people use docks.
...ohh wait, there's no such thing in the apple ecosystem.

What's the point? ARM is better by design

There are thousands upon thousands of choices of hardware to choose. If people are to stupid to research what actually fits their needs and choose to buy a product that does not suit their needs because they need outputs, that is not the company's fault, in fact the company would be negligent to its shareholds if it actively avoided making money.

>3.5.mm jack

I was at work the other day and was plugging in my headphones to my iphone. Zoomer coworker looked at it

>what the fuck yours has a headphone jack?
>yeah
>mine doesn't
>did you want one?
>YES
>then why did you buy that?
>I didn't know it didn't have it
>so you spent 800 euros on a phone (more than his monthly salary) and you didn't know what you were buying?
>I didn't know

that wasn't apples fault, it was his.

Attached: zoomer.gif (931x682, 426K)

it's a complete computer, see? It's almost as big as a Rasberry pi.

Attached: The-MacBook-logic-board-smaller-Raspberry-Pi-2.jpg (1500x1000, 153K)

Jow Forums has gone to shit after the merge.

BASED ARM AND INTEL

meanwhile at amd hq....

Attached: nitro-5_03-680x418.jpg (680x418, 40K)

>Be fag
>Buy ultra thin micro computer for taking notes and looking trendy
> Some autist hates it because he can't upgrade it
This computer isn't made or marketed to you, it's made for computer retards who want a high end looking product

It fucking does you inbread, try to upgrade/replace literally anything in that soldered piece of shit.
Not to mention how fucking hot it gets.

What triggers me the most is how little room for upgradability is left. Soldered storage is not worth its space filled up with batteries, and soldered RAM is not worth the extra half a millimeter they can shave off.

one things for sure when they switch ti A10 processors in these things their battery life is gonna triple

i needed a new laptop for grad school in a hurry because i dropped my 8 year-old one. i almost bought an acer predator but my friend had one which started fucking up and acer tech support was assfucking him so i went with eluktronics instead. i did some research but i should have asked about it here, anyone know about eluktronics lappys?

>inb4 should have gotten a thinkpad
>inb4 lol gaymer shit laptop
i needed a gpu because i do a fair amount of CAD work, MATLAB using the GPU to share in some calculations, some video editing of flow and other models, etc, spread across 2 external monitors.

Attached: 1541589800186.png (550x425, 265K)

the thing is, the retard who buys it is the one who thinks it should be repairable or serviceable for a relatively modest fee. the cause in the first place of applels bad publicity. anyone smart enough to avoid them can just point and laugh at the retards that buy them to throw them out next year when the new model comes out because their old one is completely broken or doesn't run right w/ two broken sensors

fuck off with your cultural marxism. a phone is a phone. a male is a male. end of story.

>that meme fan
kek

I like this

>Not sure how much power you can really get out of this though
not much because there's no copper pipes from the CPU heatsink. the fan blows on the TB3 controller and that's it. the CPU is solely passive cooled and gets to 100C after a few 10 seconds under load. to keep the CPU below TMAX it stops turbo boosting and runs at barely base clock. this thing is slower than the fanless mb 12" that rocks a m3 that has been built for this scenario and is slower on paper but doesn't reach TMAX and can turbo boost away

>I want 180nm cpus cause they take more BIG BOY space
lel at your life incel

What makes a phone a phone?

why can't you just fix your laptop?

So you can't upgrade the RAM or processor? Good goy...

it was fucked. it hit the corner on concrete, shattered half the case, lcd popped out and damaged the display ribbon connector, destroyed the gpu, broke a fan, and the thing was 8 years old and i was planning on buying a new one soon anyway.

>He doesn't want a Chad tank built laptop
>Doesn't want 2 bays for an extra battery and optical drive
>Doesn't want a magnesium cage

They made it that small on purpose so he wouldn't be able to fix it and make them lose shekels

Why is the battery glued in? There's plenty of horizontal space to attach screws.

And the rest is battery.

I mean that's not a bad thing. If you're going to criticise it, criticise it because they chose not to leave reasonable room for airflow or cooling despite the TDP, because they decided thinness was more important than having a reliable keyboard, because they are actively hostile to any attempt at repair or refurbishment even for items like the battery modules which will wear out in time, or because they don't even have 4 USB-C ports despite the fact that they take up much less room than previous ports and one of them is now needed to charge.

>all those chips
>not a single chip
Disgusting

Attached: MediaTek_Helio_X30-Diagram.png (1160x615, 188K)

What's a computer?