Why aren't you using the last free browser?

Why aren't you using the last free browser?

Attached: 1200px-Firefox_Logo,_2017.svg.png (1200x1200, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js
spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I use edge because its faster and uses less battery.

Do you hate meritocracy user?

Why would I use firefox instead of edge?

good goy

Firefox is a botnet.

Came here to post this.

"Firefox is a botnet. Edge on Windows 10, now THAT is freedom from government and corporate spying."

Attached: 1528110799423.png (403x448, 53K)

SJW browser. Cuck bitch.

TREE
STYLE
TABS

Chrome has no answer. Firefox wins by default.

edge is dead tho
microsoft stopped all development and switched to chrome. I wish I was joking

see

i am

>using wangblows
kys

>t. lincuck incel

I use chromium on debian stable.

>Hate Mozilla
>Firefox keeps getting worse
>The alternatives are even more abysmal
Thinking about Waterfox or IceCat bois

Attached: harassment.jpg (548x686, 54K)

>last free browser
Bullshit.

lurk more

>Why aren't you using the last free browser?
Use Waterfox.

Attached: womyn_and_shitskins_cant_into_merit.png (1352x1448, 182K)

Nobody here uses SJWfox.

Waterfox
UnGoogled Chromium
Brave
etc.

>t. microshaft NPC

Attached: Cucknux.png (1280x800, 151K)

github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js
firefox is too good for you brainlets

no browser is free anymore. firefox might be foss but its influenced by sjws.

back to curl and vim for real freedom

That's not Brave.

Attached: based-js-developer.jpg (570x734, 47K)

>no browser is free anymore
Waterfox
Brave
UnGoogled Chromium
etc

Attached: waterfox.png (534x322, 17K)

I am, user.
>Windblows making new browser based on chrome
Why not firefox? :/

I like Brave and used it a while, but they lack AddOns compatibility, their adblocker is based on AB+ and not UBO, and they are not great for anonymity, even their TOR tabs have browser fingerprints.

I remain hopeful, but it's not there yet, for me.
Waterfox does the trick for me.

>curl
This but unironically

However, vim is already sjware, sorry. Did you not read the cuck license?

Attached: feed-uganda.jpg (518x376, 80K)

How about Slimjet?

shit you're right. emacs it is then

>even their TOR tabs have browser fingerprints.
So does tor have fingerprints. Literally every browser does. Tor has it more so.

Yes, the lack of addons for decent adblocking is really crippling. They should at least provide an addon API so we can write our own, even if existing ones won't be supported.

We need mre than two engines. We need to revive netrunner.

based

>Waterfox
spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html

>spyware.neocities
Half the "sources" are 404, this website has no credibility whatsoever.

Attached: 1538814699416.jpg (763x771, 60K)

This is really the biggest problem in the web browser ecosystem right now. We are desperately in need of an uncucked open source engine.

I am

Attached: serveimage.png (830x324, 54K)

>Why aren't you using the last free browser?
Dillo?

>1200px-Firefox_Logo,_2017.svg.png
Firefox includes closed source components and binary blobs by default, it is not libre like you're try to insinuate but it is at no monetary cost. Edge, Chrome, and Firefox are free but not libre.

Attached: Teknowledgy_ 07_01_2009 - 08_01_2009.png (122x122, 22K)

Vivaldi is chromium based, and has tree style tabs.
>inb4 colsed source
You can compile it yourself without botnet elements.

>Defaulting to bing
What's wrong with duckduckgo nigga?

>Half the "sources" are 404
If only they would've provided them in some archived form. Oh, wait.
>this website has no credibility whatsoever.
They provide 100% more evidence for their claims than you. I'll immediatly dismiss those claims, if you can refute them.

Attached: wfox.png (1280x1150, 139K)

>You can compile it yourself
>just read the sourcecode and remove the botnets bro

No thanks

>waterfox
>brave
Useless, trash, scam.

That page isn't displaying for me, all of neocities actually.

It's a bunch of autistic bullshit anyway.

Icecat.

>no credibility whatsoever
It's run by a /tech/ user you fucking retard wojakposter

Have you seen the website? All links 404?
No date for the tests, not saying the version of the browser, etc.

Attached: 1537466089562.png (488x463, 28K)

All of the links have an archive.org and archive.today link.
Even then, not all of them 404.
Kill yourself.

>He actually believes this unconfirmed story

see

Because it's slow

Asking in both browser threads.
Is there any decent browser left thats not in the Firefox family or powered by Webkit/Blink? Or is the web as we know it well and truly fucked.

>Killed every extension
No thanks, I use palemoon now instead of FF

And I got my download window back to boot

Attached: Untitled.png (485x300, 14K)

Edge

I'm trying Waterfox right now and why the fuck is it using ~40% of my CPU with 2GB of my memory

>we got one

Attached: 1524776438898.jpg (1200x798, 257K)

because there are tons of others, both with their own rendering engines (e.g. servo, netsurf, dillo, lynx...) and based on major ones like blink, webkit, and various versions of firefox (gecko/goanna, or quantum)
i personally prefer seamonkey or pale moon - both of these use pre-quantum rendering engines (at least for now, seamonkey will switch to an esr 60 base eventually)

Brave is non ironically worse than stock Google chrome. Look at how much data brave actually leaks it is worse than Chrome although it is based on it meaning their devs intentionally did this. Which isn't surprising seeing their only purpose of the browser is to hijack ads not to protect you.
Also literally all of Braves "protection" are placebo just run a couple fingerprinting scripts under brave and you will shoot your head. Run the same scripts under Firefox and nearly impossible to get fingerprinted.

>If you start up Waterfox for the first time, it will make 109 requests[5] to several spyware platforms, most notably Google Analytics, and Mozilla online services like its Geolocation service, and several other Mozilla services, as well as Waterfox's own update service.
>updaters are spyware

>At the time of writing,
At the time of writing,
>it claims that Waterfox sends "Webpage data to Google's SafeBrowsing service," meaning that at one point, both Google and Waterfox were spying on all of your internet activity
So how does one get from "Google is spying on you" to "both are spying on you"?

>However, according to this reddit thread[2], this is no longer true: therefore, Waterfox's privacy policy does not necessarily reflect what information the browser currently collects. The lack of detail and clarity in the privacy policy is also very concerning. For example, in the abovementioned section titled "Webpage data to Google's SafeBrowsing service," there are links to a Firefox Knowledge Base article and Google's privacy policy, neither of which actually explain what data is sent by Waterfox to Google.
Completely ignores what the dev said in the plebbit thread and then proceeds to imply that because he's using Mozilla's APIs that somehow he is spying with them.

> According to its privacy policy[1], Waterfox collects the following information by default:
>Waterfox version
>Operating system
>Language settings
>Installed Waterfox Add-ons
>Waterfox shares this information with Mozilla and will collect this information every time you launch Waterfox.
Except it doesn't. One would expect the auto-updater to collect that info so it can supply the correct updates. As for sharing it with Mozilla, it only shares the extension info to check Mozilla's blacklist.

>Waterfox offers spyware search engines to its users and uses Bing as its default search engine
CHOICE? OH THE HUMANITY! Also Ecosia has been default for literally years now. This is a prime example of how this article is kept purposefully out-of-date.

I've never paid for a browser

>Luckily there are some more private search engines offered, like StartPage and DuckDuckGo
He unironically recommends CuckCuckGo. This should instantly disqualify his """opinions""".

>What is concerning is the additude that the developer of waterfox has towards these spyware search engines:
Didn't capitalize Waterfox, the illiterate fool.
>"Bing is actually quite good for privacy as well (let's not forget Mozilla even suggested them as a more privacy focused search back in 2009)."[3]
>It's very clear that while the browser advertizes itself as very privacy focused, the actual words and actions of the developers aren't consistent with this claim.
>advertizes
So now it becomes Waterfox's burden that Mozilla almost TEN FUCKING YEARS AGO recommended Bing and he chose it (and later abandoned it)? That fucking logic.

Been using brave for a couple days but can't believe how apparent it is that they've just dumped a bunch of crap on top of chromium that's still janky after however many years its been developed for, not to mention sync still isn't fully developed even though I wouldn't use it

I'm tired of browser hopping, every mainstream browser and fork seems to have some major problem no matter how long it's been developed for.

Is lynx the only solution or is there still some magical browser setup out there I don't know about

>Waterfox sends all website notifications through Mozilla's servers
>If you enable notifications on a website, all of those messages will be sent through Mozilla's servers. According to Waterfox's privacy policy[1], Mozilla cannot see the content of said messages. However, Mozilla will receive the following information:
>Number of Waterfox subscriptions and unsubscriptions to website notifications
>Number of messages sent
>Timestamps
>Senders (which may include specific website providers)
>So, Mozilla can see who is sending notifications, when these notifications are being sent, how many notifications are sent, and how many websites you have enabled notifications on. Waterfox collects all of the above, and additionally sees your IP address for each notification sent.
OMG IT WORKS AT FUCKING SPEC! Also once again, somehow Waterfox is the bad actor because it works the way it's supposed to; again implying that somehow Waterfox makes this feature worse because they chose to implement it.

>The "Firefox Accounts" platform allows you to sync a lot of sensitive information, such as your internet history, across all of your devices. This is, of course, all being stored on Mozilla's servers.[4] This feature is opt-in spyware, but it should still be mentioned. If you don't want your internet history to be uploaded to Mozilla servers, don't use this feature.
So it's not good enough that it directs you to Mozilla's page where they have a link to the privacy policy? Also you can host your own fucking server.

> Self updates are a spyware feature since they are usually ways for the developer of a program to put spyware into their software without presenting it in a prominent way where the user can understand what they are giving up when they download the update. Given Waterfox's bad communication, this is especially likely to happen.
More autistic hyperbole. Because something bad CAN happen it IS happening and the greedy hand-rubber behind it wouldn't DARE inform you of the changes. Also YOU CAN FUCKING DISABLE IT.

memefox is shit and has been shit for a while now
use vivaldi

>This article was last edited on 6/2/2018
LOL fuck no it wasn't.

Can we finally put an end to this fucking meme?