>1.5GHz 4 Core ARM Cortex A35
>use open source emulator
>too buggy

Attached: ps classic.jpg (484x480, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1069873514512031744
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Leave.

Doesn't the PS also come with only 20 games?

It's absolute trash, a quick cashgrab like the ones from SNK. You can trash on Nintendo all you want but at least they have their shit together.

Also PSP ain't exactly perfect emulation, it does have minor issues, some slowdowns on a few games that don't occur on the original platform but it's still much better.

Anyways,

>the newer arm virgin
vs
>the age old mips chad

>world renowned video game hardware company
>releases a remake console of their most popular hardware
>uses GPL emulator on a shitty mediakek
lmao

>throw raspberry pi in a smaller playstation 1 case
>install an emulator
>download some roms
>sell it for a quick buck and lots of brand attention
of course it was going to be shit, it's literal nostalgia bait

Nah brah ps2 was the most sold console evar, so we'll just have to wait for them to screw that up and you can post this again but more accurately

>literally allows opening debug menu by connecting a keyboard and pressing esc
>the emu it uses isn't even made by Sony themselves

Attached: maxresdefault_1.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

emulating all my psx games on this PC :) feels good having no bugs

It would be cool to get Lakka on it.

Attached: menuwebm.jpg (544x320, 24K)

I never looked into PS emulation, How easy is that to do? Do you need the original media to play?

You seriously never did? Ps1 emulation works very well, basically on par with nes. Only thing is that the bios is proprietary so you need to download it from wherever you are pirating the games

Haha open sores, amirite?

nah never did, when i got into emulation PS was still fairly a new thing lol and I didn't have the proper hardware to do much more than NES or SNES so i never bothered with it. Are games on the range of 700MB? Could I just buy the games on disc and use that? I'll have to look this shit up again one of these days.

Attached: zd.jpg.jpg (225x225, 6K)

psp is our god and savior MIPS, the one true RISC

I'm curious about this. They showed how shitty it is regarding framerates and graphic glitches. Do they even have a way of updating it through USB? The emulator itself being open source, I would guess they would look at workarounds, but Rayman looked absolutely unplayable (given that the game is hard as balls at some point, it skips frames and speeds up randomly, it's very fucking unstable). Seriously though, it's even worse than those Sega licensed genesis clones. At the very least some of those are portable and run at a proper speed (the sound is shitty though)

>open source
>good software

pick one

You can access emulator settings by plugging in a keyboard.

twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1069873514512031744

Sony is a joke.

I could emulate ps1 on handheld chinkshit when I was in high school

i can emulate ps1 games on SD 410 JESUS

ZOPHARS
man that was THE place back in the day for any roms. d/l 5mb at 28.8?? 25 minutes motherfuckers

but gamecube was the clear winner of the generation

Most of the time they're in the 90mb-400mb range and yes you can use the actual media to play, give epsxe a download.
You can download the bios files you need from emuparadise unless they also took those down with all the roms.

Wtf if you want to play playstation just use a playstation? I still have mine.

I would say yes, but you have to deal with them discs and pot adjustment after a while which is a bit of a pain.

does the pcsx in the ps classic upscale to 1080p?

because lazy ass devs.
They have the needed documentation of the PS1, they can make their own documentation.
Instead they just slapped a RPi clone with poorly optimized open source emulator, and shitty library of games.
Also if you connect a keyboard, and press ESC, you can access the emulator menu to fix most of those stuff.
But in hindsight PSP is a perfect portable console of days when devs knew what they were doing.

The controller cords are really fucking short just like the snes classic

just use mednafen

so what PS3 is like 700mhz but requires a 6cores running at 5000mhz to emulate it at just 30fps.

It has 7 cores, dumbass. Technically one full-fledged core and 6 smaller simd cores, but it's still 7 cores.

I think I'll just use my PC and a wireless controller so I can have access to pretty much everything under the sun via emulation or legit PC release.

fyi, all the games are available for download on internet archive.

I wil never understand this ARM meme

psp doesn't emulate ps1 retard, they both used the same architecture

Is this correct, anons?

How will Nintendo emulate the N64?

Why don't they just clone the original hardware but make it smaller and update it a bit to fit roms.

thats actually an excelent question. my guess is that an ARM chip is just cheaper.

just get a raspi/rpi clone and some usb controllers or a ps-usb adapter for 50-60 dollars cheaper and with the full library available

the psp emulates the ps1, it's just a good emulator because it's an official emulator. sony made it, the same company that knows all the ps1 secrets.

Does anyone know how PS3 or PSVita emulates psp games? That's all I use those consoles for.

>psp
i meant ps1

Retooling a factory to produce obsolete hardware is much more expensive than just using some cheap ARM board.

PSP uses the same CPU as the PS1 (although a lot beefier) so part of the code could be run natively.
It does emulate the rest.

>buying a K75 just to press escape

Attached: IMG_20181205_153751.jpg (1079x1159, 148K)

sad part about this is that the rpi emulation works better

PCSX2-based PS2 mini when

yes and it's missing a lot of popular games like Crash and meanwhile has games that are almost unplayable without the analog sticks

no fucking way
they really just slapped a free emulator on it and called it a day

+ a lot of them are PAL, meaning they are stuck at 50 fps
and even then, there are the occasional dips

nintendelusion is real

hopefully never

>+ a lot of them are PAL, meaning they are stuck at 50 fps
does that mean that euros were playing inferior versions of these games all this time?

resolution was a bit higher, if the port wasn't half-assed
but there were games that were inferior no matter which way you sliced it, yeah

The Vita has a MIPS chip to handle PSP/PS1 games.

Somehow reading this thread led me to Billy Mitchell is on twitch.

Attached: 2574343_4060411000699-110.png (320x320, 123K)