Fags who think piracy is bad

>fags who think piracy is bad
It's not bad, it's epic and cool and everyone should do it.

Attached: 1542938988510.jpg (690x720, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/mpaa-banned-from-using-piracy-and-theft-terms-in-hotfile-trial-131129/
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Piracy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Slutania a shit

Say that again, motherfucker

Attached: Satania gun.jpg (1280x720, 224K)

You know what kind of person steals?
Niggers, that's what kind.

Filthy landlubbers, all of them.

Attached: 82565585.jpg (600x836, 125K)

>tripfag
>pass tag

Attached: 1543034094019.jpg (271x276, 19K)

We will kick your ass and rape your lass somalian pirates we!

Piracy is bad because it presumes proprietary software. Free Software does not need to be pirated.

based OP who was not a faggot

>fags who think copying files is theft

Attached: 1539409318478.png (632x796, 204K)

That's not quite true. It's totally allowable and possible to sell free software. One must only make the source code available and modifiable to be free.

I'm going to make a copy of you, and then I'm going to rape it

Good thing piracy involves none of that.

The issue with anti-piracy as a concept is that it hasn't caught up to an age where there's literally no cost to re-production.

Are, yeah, you're just borrowing it to find out if you like it, right?
"A-hur-dur, it's not theft because it's a COPY not the original!"

Slutania a SHIT

"unauthorized distribution" is not "robbery on the high seas" neither "theft" it's "unauthorized distributions" you braindead cuck.
Court also ruled "piracy" and "theft" smear words.
torrentfreak.com/mpaa-banned-from-using-piracy-and-theft-terms-in-hotfile-trial-131129/

Listen m8, NOTHING was ever stolen. If copying is a form of theft then humanity has been doing it willingly since we first discovered fire.

Nobody was protecting the concepts behind firemaking and there was no social/legal structure in place for the first firemakers to protect their ideas. These days, there is. Sorry if your to gay to follow rules and laws but they exist for a reason.

Wow, one judge in a singe case barred the words to be used in court, so that must mean we can just toss them out the window forever!

I like how the other party even argues that those words are just common parlance, and well understood when discussing these issues.

They still lost, too. lmao

This is a real hard thing for me to think about. When you write software, its reproduction is incredibly easy. Same with anything digital really. What is it that you are paying for?

I'm not saying its right, I'm just thinking about all this

You're paying for the services of the author. Just because a service worker does not offer you a physical product doesn't mean they do not deserve to be paid. Would you not pay a police officer simply because you don't actually "get" anything from them?

>What is it that you are paying for?

You support the individual or small team that created the program.

But i would never support some microshit or aplel style coorporation that exploits cheap labour and does not pay any taxes

>NOTHING was ever stolen. If copying is a form of theft

Lets say you spend 20 million dollars making a film, and I manage to get a copy before you release it, and I put it on the internet and it is copied to every site under the sun and is viewed for free by 500 million avid fans, and you only make 1 million at the box office, so you lose 19 million, and some of those sites made decent money off of ads.

Do you children really think nobody committed a crime here?

I'd hit you in the head with a brick repeatedly

The point is no theft was ever committed. Of course people are NOT entitled to receive stuff free of charge if someone worked their ass off to make it and expected payment for it and a crime is committed where copyrights are involved (which are BS imho).

Just say copyright infringement instead of making it out to be some awful high seas armed assaults on cargo freights kind of thing. The people that download free copies of movies were never going to pay for the movie in the first place.

Nothing is more moral than making big corporations lose a few shekels.

>The people that download free copies of movies were never going to pay for the movie in the first place.

I'm aware that many studies have "proved" this, but it's bullshit, at least in my case. If I can get something for free, and you guys "fix" the laws so that I'm not liable in any way, I'm never going to pay for anything, but if it's not available for free, or the risk is too great, I'll pay for something I want if the price is right.

And your post seems to agree and disagree with the post you replied to. No sane person actually is upset that it's called theft or whatever when the issue is like that post stated.

and you have never created anything.

WHO FUCKING CARES? JUST DO IT.

>trip fag
>pass tag
>2012
Wew... is this PEAK Reddit???

filtered

>piracy
>literally defined as armed assault on freighters in the high sea
Anyway you would still pay for said content if you really enjoyed it and wanted blu-ray quality. 90% of rips out there are low-bitrate stuff anyway.

I think companies just need to stop nickel and diming everybody and fix streaming not having enough content.

Irrelevant to the convo at hand , filter me too pls.

>stealing is wrong

No

Attached: anime.png (855x987, 1.26M)

You are anecdotal. aka you being one person saying you would buy it is easily defeated by me saying I wouldn't buy it if it wasn't free

>You are anecdotal

obviously. but my point is that if you people who say it's not a crime were to change the laws so that anyone can upload and distribute anything then the baby jesus would cry non stop because there'd be nothing but 12 year old girls in their bedroom trying to do Stevie Ray Vaughn covers.

and if that's not your end goal, then what is? either it's wrong or it's not wrong.

>but 12 year old girls in their bedroom trying to do Stevie Ray Vaughn covers.
Who and what?

I don't pirate things because it is against the law, I do however go into piracy threads because people always say "piracy = theft" when it isn't

I do not care about changing the laws, and websites like Patreon, Youtube, and Facebook, already prove you can release content for free and still get paid, rather than paying for the individual VOD or service they simply offer them for frees to get views, and advertisers pay to get a piece of those views, so next time says "if everyone pirated no one would make money" just think about all the ad funded freely offered services on the internet (like Jow Forums)

>I do however go into piracy threads because people always say "piracy = theft" when it isn't

I really don't get the semantic argument. Let's use "wrong" and "right". In this post up here, do you agree that something "wrong" was done, and that there should be laws against that sort of thing, no matter what it's called? As for the penalty, that's the sticky part, and where the rights-holders always go overboard, but for simplicity, lets say that the one ad-supported site made a million bucks off of the copied film. Do you agree that that site should fork over the entire million (less server fees and other legit overhead) to the guy who made the film?

sorry for the long question.

If you guys didn't pirate Jow Forums every day we wouldn't be 4channel.

No. Sharing and redistribution is one of the four freedoms. So, again, not piracy.

The semantics makes a difference in the courts(USA), You go to jail for theft, as it is a criminal offense, you get sued for copyright infringement as it is a civil offense

Some wrong was done, I already admitted piracy is against the law

If you want my opinion of the laws, I think the length of copyright should be shortened, Life of the creator + 75 years basically means you will never see something you grew up with go public.

>ad-supported site made a million bucks off a the copied film
In my example I was talking about content creators,

If you mean someone making money off something they pirated, as in pirating it, redistributing it, and making money off it. then I find that to be more egregious, than say someone just pirating a game to play. That person who made a million dollars should be sued and have to fork over the rights to their site. again because that is redistribution for profit, not just simple copying and consuming

lol idgaf

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Piracy
Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.) If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.” A US judge, presiding over a trial for copyright infringement, recognized that “piracy” and “theft” are smear words.

Attached: 1521225488363.jpg (1200x794, 75K)

You're in the wrong neighborhood motherfucker

Attached: when alice came down from the mountains, her fists were faster than sound.gif (252x387, 841K)

If companies wouldn't make shit products no one would pirate.

My opinion is pirating is bad
BUT
people are going to pirate if they don't see your product is worth it.

The source is my ass because fuck you but I remember seeing somewhere that when a game company made a good product, the amount of piracy went down.

Stfu

You know what kind of a person shares?
Non-niggers.

No, you retard. I bought a product. It's mine to do whatever I want with it. I choose to share it with my friend. The company who made the product isn't involved or losing anything.

Perhaps you should then realize that making films isn't a real job and you're not making a product or contributing to mankind in any way.

Intellectual property, patents and copyrights shouldn't exist and are anti-human and anti-freedom terms made by people in power who want to stay in power and jew you out of your money and kill competition. Anyone who is a grownup realizes this and anyone who isn't retarded fully supports """piracy""". So it's funny how you call these anons children

Do I really have to tell you that piracy is not the same as theft..?

I pirate a game to see if it's good. If it's good I buy it to support creators. (Who would buy a game without knowing if it's good or not?)

most people pirate to save money

Copyright should only ever be written as (((copyright)))

Most of the people who do this is just cause they don't want to buy it but could easily afford it. Like why would anyone pirate a 9 dollar game??

>most people
is irrelevant, copyright laws aren't about most or minority of people. Only your morals give a shit about if they were justified or not

Because they want 20 9 dollar games which would be 180 dollars

Because buying something you can get for free is retarded and the only reason to give money to devs is if you like them.

Maybe you shouldn't have spent 20 million dollars on a product that can be infinitely copied.

Nobody is entitled to my money, fuck off bootlicker.

9 dollars to a Russian, Chinese, or South American is like 12 hours worth of work

Back in the day I would release cracks for games and software that would also slowly over time delete random files from your pc or replace them with equivalent files, same headers, same size, but replace the binary contents with random data.
Once a day it would delete random files or fill them with random data. It was a 50/50 chance. It would do this from directories like Documents or your desktop
Nobody caught on
I would have thousands of seeders
The malicious code would only run once per day when the program opens
Fucking lol
Thousands of seeders
Tens of thousands of downloads
Hundreds of releases

I've since stopped doing it but my legacy still lives on in some peoples computers or if they're still seeding

Sometimes I'd get comments like "it set off my antiviral software
So I started telling people to whitelist it
Fucking LMAO
They actually did it
Eventually users did my work for me by telling them to just turn odd their AV
I was even a trusted uploaded on some websites and private trackers

Pirate shit
Get hit
Faggots

Cringe and redditpilled.

i only look at the convenience not the price.

It's literally more convenient to buy games

That really depends on the game, if I wanted an older game like something from the Snes or N64 it would be easier to pirate it, if I wanted whatever is in the current fotm bundle then it would be easier to buy it

Yes I agree.

>trip
>pass
gilded, friend
if i could sage replies to get rid of them i would

Attached: ok.png (25x20, 639)

So whites are the biggest niggers in history?

What did whites steal exactly?

BASED satania poster

What didn't they steal?
The Roman Empire was gracious enough to teach the white snowniggers some civilization in return for snownigger tribes selling the asses of their boys to the local centurion, and then you snownigger barbarians went and trashed Rome and stole all of its culture and land and resources. Then you proceeded to steal from each other for centuries until some dogshitter decided to take up the seas at which point you stole lands from all over while contracting AIDS and white guilt in the process.

>shit that never happened
why lie online?

t.samefag who will agree amd is copying intel therefore fuck amdniggers

there was a while back a post where you leaked your identity under the same tripcode, right?

lol fuck you kid, more like if advertisement company and people dont be just a pussyshit and think anything is offensive. not just Jow Forums is affected you knob

>Not using free and open source software

Attached: dumb.jpg (192x299, 34K)

everyone ITT, knowing or unknowingly pirated or stolen profit ie, ad block, video stream, weebshit stuff. even "borrowing" is stealing profits. and here we are trying to virtue signal and one up each other how nice. fuck off anti "pirate" niggers, what a loose term to use

Copyright and patents were invented to better society by making it financially feasible to be an inventor or artists, not because anyone actually thinks you can own an idea. Intellectual property has always been seen historically as a necessary evil. And they were always conceived as modest laws that gave the creator enough time to grow their business and have access to a large market, a couple of decades at most.

Then corporations came along, bought off all the politicians, who gave corporations the same rights as citizens, and continually extend copyright laws so that nothing with any perceived value enters the public domain. Now copyright laws are used by corporations to harass people for using something they should have every right to.

Since society is no longer benefiting from the concept of intellectual property, it should be done away with. Not only are people morally justified in pirating, they're morally obligated to.

dank post user

>ttp
>tp
Yikes

>stallamn fagcode
>arguing in favor of intellectual property

I prefer not to pirate for religious reasons, but at the same time feel a moral obligation to do so, especially movies, because of current DRM practices.