Zoomer tech is crap

Why is boomer tech so much better than zoomer tech? Software, hardware, cars, jets, everything went to shit. Everything's a botnet and a pile of bloat now.

Attached: 20130131-212902.jpg (1280x850, 281K)

I think that it has to do with the relationship between widespread human struggle and the emergent society, particularly the quality of individuals that emerge from a life of struggle vs. the decadence of people that emerge from abundance. In the 1980s there were still tons of people who had been in WW2 or Korea or Vietnam, you still had dirt-poor farmer's children growing up to be engineers, you had lots of oppressed gays that struggled against prejudice. Those many struggles create tougher, smarter, more resilient humans & this is reflected in the products of their generation.

With cars, you can really see the effect of this over the years. The mustang in your pic is fairly original and detailed down to the smallest parts, but a new mustang is not really original - it's the same mustang in the pic but with more wings, more plastic, and more eco-friendly engine tech. It's not a cutting edge product. Now you look at Elon Musk and there is a man who has struggled, and his products are ingenious.

Software is more complex because we keep adding layers and layers to it. It's hard now for there to be a person that can grasp the whole stack from top to bottom. The only way Terry did it was by cutting down the requirements (no networking, 256x256 screen with 64 colours, ring-0 only).

These reasons are the same reasons why China is a big threat: The Chinese have struggled insanely hard in their last 80 years of society, so they are thirsty enough to win at all costs. But we can do the same over here. My thought is that we must emulate Elon's insane drive and work ethic in all venues of life; if enough people do that, then our generation will create great products.

Lmoa, fuck off. Only read the first sentence.

Attached: 1536401734177.png (690x690, 372K)

pfbp

based

things in the mid 60's weren't made/designed by boomers [redacted to 4channel standards].

>jets
Fuck no

tough times create strong men.
strong men create good times.
good times create weak men.
weak men create tough times.

You've obviously never driven an older car or used MS-DOS.

>elon musk loving zoomer
fuck off

Yeah guys the boomers had it rough free college education a house and two parents at home gosh they sure had it rough after that post war economic boom that their generations name comes from not like those entitled millenials growing up in the new guilded age

Recognize good men but love only God

If you are a doomer this level of ignorance is inexcusable

Zoomer tech really isn't here yet, boomer tech is what you a boomer are again whining about but yet again blaming everyone else.

It's too expensive to make quality goods, AND provide labor with good wages and benefits, on an indefinite basis. And now you can barely have either.

"Boomer" tech (for all that it's worth quality-wise, then or now) is nothing but a relic of the fact that America and western Europe were living in a Keynesian fantasy land based on these premises in the first two decades after World War II. It ended in the 70's when the economy hit the cold, hard wall of stagflation and the declining rate of profit.

Everything was designed of the best of the best white people. Being engineer was actually prestigious. Rockets were made by the best of the nazis, no shortcuts ware taken, what you got was what was possible with the technology of the time. This is why 1970 merc will outlast 2020 merc. Now everything is made as cheaply as possible, and made from some recyclable shit that disintegrate with time. Even the industrial design is outsourced to the lowest possible bidder, if you got luck it will be some chink if not some barely literate pajeet.

Attached: 2[1].jpg (800x602, 168K)

I'm not sure what you mean by "zoomer tech". Gen Z hasn't even entered the workforce yet

It has to be in reference to what consumer technology is available in the youth and prime of these respective generations, not simply what is made or designed by them as generational workforces.

Attached: original-576816-2.jpg (350x269, 59K)

Well I think what most consumers want has kind of changed in the last 30 years or so. People are willing to trade long term reliability for short term convenience, as far as things like consumer hardware and tools go.
With cars, I'm going to have to disagree here. Cars from 50 years ago were expected to last 80-100k miles and be pretty worn out at that point. New cars (90s on up) typically keep going strong after 200k miles without needing an engine rebuild and just changing oil regularly.
Modern Jets are pretty fucking good albeit expensive as fuck. The big exception to that is the f-35. We also still continue to use a lot of jets from the last century.
As for software, I really dont have strong feelings on this one probably because I dont work in the tech industry but I can say that I don't have as many problems with software as I did 10 years ago.
So all in all, I'd say low cost consumer grade shit has dropped off in quality but industrial grade shit has either stayed the same or has gotten better for the most part.

Attached: IMG_1310.jpg (2208x1242, 513K)

Honestly you've never had as large a selection as you do now. You can buy complete fucking dog shit that'll break within months for retardedly cheap over the internet, or you can still buy hancrafted, long-lasting tools and items for a lot of money, or anything inbetween really. It only seems different because the disposable garbage is the most heavily marketed and consumed.

>My thought is that we must emulate Elon's insane drive and work ethic in all venues of life
Nah, I'm not gonna put my entire existence into my work. Get fucked, you maniac.

I just want zoomer boipucci

>muh over priced pony cars

I have always thought 3 reasons: laziness, greed and complicativity hill.

Humans are simply lazy and will cut corners.

They will try to max profit at the same time.

We have laid the work ahead of us. Every invention was simple at the beginning, and through the years, we have added stuff up. Now, we end up needing ever more intelligent people to move forward, to keep picking the ever taller fruit. Maybe having 115 IQ in the 50s meant you became s bonafide engineer, while now you'd need at least 140 to graduate with BSc.

The oldest of us have

>boomer tech
Boomer tech was just as shit. Any good tech was a fluke and selection bias is making you forget all the shit tech.

Laws and liberalism in general

Okay, this is epic.