Arch Linux is actually the easiest operating system. Wanna know why...

Arch Linux is actually the easiest operating system. Wanna know why? Because it is the one that will give you the least issues and work the most smoothly once you have learned it. Instead of being a headache like most Linux distros, Linux gives you the power to make the computer work for you.

Attached: Linux.png (500x375, 192K)

Any distro isn't really hard to learn, however arch linux is not anything out of the box, hence it requires some amount of background knowledge to set it up as you like, which in many cases, people do not want to waste their time doing it, which is underatandable.

Attached: 1541084666574.jpg (473x587, 57K)

Incorrect. All issues are caused by updates, and by installing Arch Linux, you have chosen to deal with millions of unnecessary updates.

What is it's business market share? Not inceltoi market share, but making money market share.

You don't need any background knowledge what so ever. You can just search online as you go along. Slackware was my first distro and I learned as I went along. Arch or any other distro is no different.

Not so much on here but on Reddit I always see people in the Arch subs talking about how advanced it is and how it's a from scratch distro.

No it's not. It's more of a build with legos distro. There's nothing from scratch about it. It's just a pacstrap command to install some base packages from a repository. It's no different than anything else installation wise besides the fact that it requires you to manually enter commands instead of having a GUI interface or ncurses interface that automatically runs scripts that executes these commands for you.

Post install it doesn't give you anything unlike other distros that ship with a DE and such. But you don't need any background knowledge to install xorg and a DE or WM. It's a single Google search and a read through the wiki to get past this step as well.

Arch is more tedious to install and setup, but it doesn't require any background knowledge. Arch is one one of the most documented Linux distributions on the entire planet. If you can read and have a half functioning brain, you can install and setup an Arch distribution.

This is true. All distros/os will have issues but the ones for arch linux are easiest to fix

if you cared about doing work on a computer you'd use Windows

Most software developers and server administrators run Debian/Ubuntu/CentOS. Not hobbyist Linux distributions like Arch, Gentoo, etc. and definitively not Windows.

most software developers use Windows because most software runs on Windows

So how many times a week/month should I upgrade my arch?

I run yay every day.

>t. never actually worked as a developer or sysadmin

It depends on the industry and clientele. Mission critical stuff for example? 95% Linux.

>Mission critical stuff for example? 95% Linux.
Is this the type of thing you tell yourself to make you feel like you're not just tinkering with a toy operating system
Most """mission critical""" code was written before Linux even existed

Attached: 037f95b7b3ed2e7c56e4d2abc4ccfc9f118ed8e08c7928d8c1444bf5cb93af3a(1).jpg (540x719, 94K)

Most developers I know use Mac because that is what work gives em - use windows at home because it's what fortnight runs on

Prod is typically rhel, centos, opensuse or some application specific build.

Those that actually use Linux for normie shit are either hobbyist or don't know what a windows key is. The later of which use Ubuntu/mint/fedora/manjaro whatever caught their eye first; the former use Arch/Gentoo.
Personally use Manjaro on my laptop/desktop and centos minimal on my servers - I ain't got time for configs but I love me some rolling release

Look up what supercomputers run on senpai

Awful funny way of spelling "Slackware".

Attached: 1543768365656.jpg (446x595, 86K)

Debian is broken by design.
Even something as simple as installing multiple versions degrades into apt dependency hell.

This is a logical fallacy if you're using market share to evaluate the potential and merits of a tool. Simply because most people use a specific tool, does not make it the best or even good at the action it is being used to accomplish.

this
I've distrohopped for like 2 years straight and finally settled on Arch.
No snaps, flatpaks, app guard bullshit, no useless services running in the background, just the things I need and nothing else.
>b-but it breaks!
the only thing that breaks are some AUR packages. If that happens you need to reinstall them so they recompile against updated libs, it's literally a single line command in terminal.
The "arch breaks" meme mainly comes from retards basing 90% of their system on AUR packages.
Or you could just avoid using AUR and never worry about updates again.