Turned down for yet another job

>turned down for yet another job
Fuck this industry. I've been programming for fucking years, working with all kinds of tools, technologies and languages. But I was turned down against hotshots out of university who've done a physics degree but can't write a fucking line of Python.
I spent the entirety of my childhood and teenage years in front of a computer to try and get a comfy white-collar job, and it was all fucking wasted.
FUCK

Attached: i648gmqsk74y.png (645x1260, 440K)

keep at it, tons of jobs out there

thanks user, but I think it's the end of the road for me. I can write code but I can't derive Dijkstra's algorithm on a whiteboard. If that means I'm always going to lose to university hotshots, I might as well just kill myself.

yeah that's the spirit
maybe i'll get a job with you out of the way

perhaps learn some algorithms and math

Switch industries then. Insurance in particular is really suffering currently with not being able to fill all the jobs opening up because so many of their employees are reaching retirement age. They always need more people working in claims and they also have a bunch of tech / programming related work that needs to be done as more and more technology is being implemented into the claims process, not to mention their need to develop better apps and websites so that customers can do more themselves without needing to be walked through stuff step by step with an employee holding their hand.

I'm observing the same.
Programming has suffered a process of comoditization over the las years. That's why they hire fresh grads only, to pay them peanuts.
Start planning for a career change now. Programming is a dead end after 30. inb4 old whitebeards counterexamples, these are a minority and I have yet to see one older than 40yo.

So? Did you ask them why they did it?

Das rite white boi we be gettin da jobs, reparashuns bish nigga

Software sales consulting/ technical sales?
I have a CS minor and work right now as a presales consultant. I can barely program my way out of a box and have a job I love & pays well.

Always jobs in this space as well.

I will look into it.

Thing is, I'm not even over 30. I'm actually younger than most of these grads but I have industry experience and relevant skills - they don't. But yes, the grads will work for peanuts.

Yes, apparently they thought I wouldn't be strong enough... despite having the most experience and software engineering skills out of all of the candidates. Hmm.

Went to an interview in an insurance multinational past month. They had created a software factory to service all the branchs. Despite this, I thought it would be a good stable place as they had a QA dept. The office was an open space with hundreds of young cheap programmers. They just needed to hire someone with basic Java skills, as they programmed in a framework made for insurance companies by a third party (kind of like Amadeus for travel agencies). The web wasn't even maintained by them, it was actually subcontracted by the marketing dept.
I wasn't even made an economic offer by HR. Apparently I was overqualified.

Everything is being externalized now. Not even banks.

Attached: 1537398261972s.jpg (250x194, 8K)

Where do you live OP?
Do you have any actual qualifications?
If not do you have a solid portfolio of projects?

I can't either but I can always find a job

Maybe try submitting an application to Xactware then, they make the Xactimate estimating software that almost all the insurance companies use, shit is like $300 per month for a license and since everyone in the insurance industry uses it then they're rolling in money, shit is constantly being updated and they're trying really hard to get everyone to switch over from Xactimate 28 to Xactimate X1 (their newest version of the software) now. Barring that, aerial measurement / surveying companies like Eagleview need talent as well.

UK, London. I have a few software dev certifications. I contribute to open source projects on GitHub and have projects of my own.

Probably a regional thing.

No problems in Texas but if u wanna vote democrat just fuck off

I'm also a britbong
Sounds like you should be able to get a job m8, are you getting to interview stage and then fucking up there?
Problem could be how you come across in an interview rather than lack of skills

Wait, so you have no experience in actual jobs, just some github repositories and commits to other repositories?

>Probably a regional thing
I work remotely, the globe is my region

Don't give up OP. There's really no universal format for software interviews. I've gone through a few myself this past year before finally landing one.

Keep at it.

I have just over 1 year of industry experience.

What is your repository.

>are you getting to interview stage and then fucking up there?
Who knows? I think I'm pretty good at communicating though. I'm always well-dressed and groomed too.
I'm guessing you mean my profile. I'm not posting it because it's linked directly to my identity.

Yeah profile, doesn’t matter. Many places are retarded and can’t judge programmers so just look for university or job title or whatever.

>I spent the entirety of my childhood and teenage years in front of a computer to try and get a comfy white-collar job
why not focus on something you actually enjoy doing?Study for a plumber or something.They make good money.

There's winners and losers in this world.

There is no such thing as fairness, you either try your hardest not to be a loser or you stay at the bottom of the social ladder like the rest of the lowlifes.

I do enjoy programming, unlike the ivory tower grads who just realised gender studies isn't going to get them a job.

I also used to think the world was a fair place and adults were rational
I miss those days

>the absolute state of murica

Attached: das.jpg (1000x800, 110K)

maybe they can sense how much of a bitter shitstain you are.