What's the best browser, Jow Forums, and why?

What's the best browser, Jow Forums, and why?

Attached: the_internet_button.jpg (600x309, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lo and behold
web.basemark.com/
browserbench.org/ARES-6/
browserbench.org/MotionMark1.1/
browserbench.org/Speedometer2.0/
browserbench.org/JetStream/
html5test.com/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Qutebrowser#Automatically_enter_login_information
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHERE IS VIVALDI IN THAT PICTURE

Attached: file.png (5605x3700, 1.72M)

Does anyone here have any experience with Lunascape?

Attached: lunascape-orion.png (120x120, 27K)

what's the 3rd browser in the 2nd row?

Solus

ungoogled chromium
fastest, lightweight, all websites written with chrome in mind, not a botnet

Netscape

I'd say qutebrowser but it uses Google chrome as a backend, which can't be changed for some operating systems such as void and debian, and it can't save any login info for quicker access to stuff

Firefox. The only remaining browser not using (((Chromium))).

Nightly

There are many browsers that don't use Chromium. Just because they aren't popular doesn't mean they don't exist.

Safari.

Cool concept for testing shit

Such as...? And no bullshit like links or w3m

Unironically Chrome

Dillo, Netsurf, every text browser, every webkit browser.

surf

This. Vivaldi since it's basically Chrome without the botnet, but also improved with themes, tab previews & stacking, etc.

Iron

dillo cant render shit

Google Ultron

Unironically Google Chrome
With about:config it'd be forever

qute

Attached: qute.jpg (474x266, 11K)

I miss Netscape

I'm interested who was arguing for IE enough for it to be included in the graphic

A browser which can do this
>not using tor at all

Attached: signue.png (414x89, 3K)

Yes it can.

Centbrowser.

any browser that allows complete CSS theming?

Reddit

Pale Moon

Attached: 3CF4E0E2-D2BF-4416-BDA2-484BA7131499.png (984x1862, 1.68M)

>Opera
not in botnet tier, kek

fuck off with that shit

test

>Chrome
Nice until Google went all out on fucking over privacy, killing legacy support, and then somehow implementing more RAM waste margins with every update, all while speed remains mostly the same.

>Edge
I actually find it is better than normal Explorer, but they already said they are giving up on it and come 2019 it will use Google's infrastructure which I cannot stand.

>Firefox
I do not like politics, but low and behold, when I finally fuind a good browser, politics gets involved. Killing off more support all while lying through their teeth and being overrun by Soros and his SJW lackeys.

>Explorer
Shitty version of Edge at this point.

I never used the others, except Opera, which is actually my favorite of this bunch.

Personally, I adored Brave and raved about it to everyone, as ity had everything I liked about Firefox, but nono of the stuff I hated. Sadly, the latest update made it shit and it is now running on Google shit, which is disgusting.

Ice Cat though *sips* now THAT is a browser.

How is add-on comparability with icecat?
I want to switch to a Firefox variant and it seems like the most privacy-focused but if it’s like pale meme where “fuck add-onns” is the name of the game, I’ll have to find something elsd

This. The only chromium based browser that I found that does FF's scrollable tab bar instead of just shrinking them.

>it will use Google's infrastructure
They're switching to modified Blink and nothing more. Do you really think they'd put Google's shit in there and give them any benefit?

>low and behold
>Explorer

I'm trying Vivaldi since chromium shit itself on my new rig. It's really good once you customize it and no botnet.

This list is like 10 years old and now completely wrong

Chrome/Chromium derivatives including Yandex, Opera, Ungoogled Chromium, Safari, ect
- Majority are shitty botnets
- If not a botnet, poor compatibility
- Fastest around for normie web
- Horribly intrusive and ugly interface
- Next to zero customizability
- Good selection of extensions, but probably injected with google botnet

Edge
- 100% botnet
- Very fast for normie web
- Nice scrolling
- UI matches Windows 10 if you're into that
- No customization beyond dark or light theme
- Good compatibility among websites
- Poor extension repository

Firefox
- A little bit of optional botnet (that's getting harder and harder to turn off), mostly in the unstable branches and mainstream releases
- Kind of slow compared with other browsers, even with a new engine.
- Excellent customizability
- Excellent extension compatibility
- Can prove incompatible with a few websites

So take your pick, speed and having everything you do and say go into a profile of you that is sent off to multiple government agencies across the world and to every major corporation that could possibly sell you something, or slower less compatible security if you work really hard to make sure every website is under your control manually, and the browser was manually tuned to allow you to prevent having your activities tracked.

tldr all the browsers are shit.

>uses Windows
>concerned about google not caring about his privacy
This doesn't make sense.

Any idea on how to use 4chanx with surf?

Firefox
>less botnet
>DNS over HTTPS
>muh customizability

It's not low and behold, it's "lo and behold"
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lo and behold

"Lo" as in an interjection used to call attention or to express wonder or surprise.

Google Ultron is a virus, install Adobe pdf reader instead

What is fastest? Firefox? Idc about bloat

Falkon, Otter, every firefox fork

Source on edge abandonment?

It’s my browser of choice under Linux! However, under Windows 10 nothing competes with edge atm.

Does it auto-update? How to install addons?

What about brave, does it have potential?

>- Kind of slow compared with other browsers, even with a new engine.
Bull. Fucking. Shit. Vanilla Chrome runs like molasses compared to vanilla FF, and let's not even talk about Edge.
99% of the people complaining about Firefox being slow have a fucked-up profile probably caused by version upgrades from ages ago and/or awful extensions, and should reset the whole thing. (The other 1% have really unique hardware/driver/software incompatibilities that are probably impossible to test let alone resolve, and may indeed be better off with another browser.)

any internet search engine, type in edge chromium or something?

qutebrowser, in terms of the core browser itself, is by far the overall, right now.
It also triggers Jow Forums since it's written in Python, yet it's faster and uses less memory than the others.
What it is still missing is a good set of extensions, but that will hopefully change in the future. It's heading in the right direction.

That's not what any benchmark ever says.

If you're so confident, download chromium and firefox, and put them head to head yourself:

web.basemark.com/
browserbench.org/ARES-6/
browserbench.org/MotionMark1.1/
browserbench.org/Speedometer2.0/
browserbench.org/JetStream/
html5test.com/

I'll concede to you if you can take a screenshot of Firefox beating Chromium in any single browser task, any score, anything at all.
Personally, I use Firefox, a heavily modified version, but firefox still, so I would be more than happy if someone in the world could show it was faster somehow some way. To me, I have a a gigabit connection, and 2ms response time to my ISP, I have no issues at all with browser speed, at this point we are comparing numbers to numbers, and firefox's numbers bearly even break half of Chrome's scores in any browser related task.

edgehtml is being abandoned. edge browser will continue as a Chromium reskin

I can only sort of like firefox.
-sober, compact and no added bullshit on interface, which can be customized if needed
-no account crap slapped in your face by default UI like in chrome
-config somewhat more extensive than other browsers
-alright addons for my liking, just use a blocker most of the times
-don't like smooth scrolling so I disable it anyway

You can easily lower or disable the addon blocking in Pale moon with a simple about:config tweak. It's there for malware addons mostly. Icecat is fine with addons, it's based on Firefox 60 so only a few webext won't work with it. If you really need addon compatibility Waterfox is your best bet, followed by regular Firefox.

>using Chromium
feels good man

Chrom*

>this doesn't fit my anecdotes, must be an edge case.

This

it can
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Qutebrowser#Automatically_enter_login_information

Microsoft Paint

Good job on making yourself way more traceable, fingerlet

>until Google went all out on fucking over privacy
Read the privacy policy and you'll realize it's harmless unless you are so retarded you use it with its Google Account login
Also if you are an Americuck, you are already under active surveillance, it doesn't really matter at that point
>somehow implementing more RAM waste margins with every update
Chrome is only a problem if you have 2gb ram
>while speed remains mostly the same
Chrome 71 feels way faster than any older version, and dying sjwfox

Attached: 1529194840145.jpg (1280x853, 99K)

Have they fixed the UI being a sluggish, unresponsive piece of shit?

Sadly this is true

Just looked this up, i'll have to check it out. I'm getting real fucking sick of webkit oriented sites.

how about GNU Icecat it seems good

w3m

take you're pick

Attached: untitled4.png (324x413, 30K)

Is any of these on the latest version? I thought browsers stopped supporting XP a long time ago

linksh, because you can run it anywhere

i haven't checked. i know chrome doesn't support xp any more. i think opera and yandex might be the latest versions but i can't be fucked checking.

Opera is based on Chromium, so I doubt. No idea about Yandex

i like the yandex browser. if chrome wasn't so good i would probably swap over.

I use Brave, because I'm not a pussy
>Chrome users are stuck in the closet
>Opera users pretend they understand opera
>Firefox users still watch Naruto
>Internet explorer users are living in the 15 century

What's wrong with firefox?

Lots of goog fanbois bought into: it's a hog; campaign from 5 years ago, meanwhile chrome became the ram hog while firefox fixed a lot and is the better browser (from the two)

>Does it auto-update?
No.
>How to install addons?
check the FAQ

Attached: 1531672718273.png (614x727, 36K)

No, Slimjet is the only one that supports XP!

>that font rendering
How do you stand it!?

Of course not, even fucking VLC doesn't support XP anymore, let alone browsers. user's PC there is full of security holes.

Mozilla trying hard to mimic Google Chrome by redesigning UI every 3 months and removing useful features

>online
>security

nice meme, newfriend.

Attached: 1544576886126.png (813x1402, 369K)

>Falkon
>not Chromium

Bullshit, they haven't changed the UI since Quantum. And Quantum has by far the best UI of any browser I've ever used - extremely minimalist yet still very functional, and somehow looks great despite being flat.

So glad Thunderbird adopted the same UI too.

both opera and yandex still support it, though opera only provides security fixes afaik

Is Iridium any good?