Give me one (one!) reason why i should use linux when windows does everything better

give me one (one!) reason why i should use linux when windows does everything better

Attached: 1497461472343.gif (300x300, 1.28M)

It’s free (as in gratis) and light on resources

>Computer will last longer
>No forced updates
>Full freedom on interface
>If you desperately need windows for games and niche shit just dual boot.
Unless you're in development why the fuck should you pay for windows when you can even load office from wine?
Honestly this thread would of been harder to answer pre windows 10

your mom triple gay

Attached: 1542818925548.jpg (640x732, 40K)

how do i dual boot and what does that even mean

i followed that link but it goes to a retarded place

This, If this was back in Window 7 days I would agree but we have come a long way from that

Nice bait
Have a (you)

unronically i dont know what that is
explain plox

False premise: Almost everything is crap on Windows. And updates only seem to make it more crappy as Microsoft focuses on pushing shit that has benefits for them rather than for you.

Keep a gaymen [/ running adobeshit or whatever else] machine with it if you must, and move everything else to Linux.

It’s when you have two operating systems (or even more if you want) installed on single drive in different partions. You can boot into either one via the bios, hence the name dual boot.
It’s easy to do and lets you use multiple operating systems on one computer. I do it on my Macbook Pro so I can use fagos programs for my daily use and play games in shitdows.

It just means to install both Windows and Linux, and then you can choose which one to use whenever you boot up your PC

There's no reason to use Windows unless you want some gaymen shit or need some crappy corporate ware. And even then, just shove that shit on a separate machine.

>free (as in gratis)
gratis means free as in free beer english retard, nobody pays for windows and all the existing reliable and reputable cracks are open source, and microsoft even offers w10 for free anyways

I meant free as in free beer you fucking retard
Not all of the proprietary garbage software on windows is free stupid fuck

Only reason for windows is gaming which belongs on /v/.

boots up like 10x faster
only uses about 200MiB with the xserver and i3wm running

free as in free beer means no cost
the "proprietary garbage" (made by competent engineers) is free of charge
if you're referring to programs like adobe or games charging you money, good, they deserve getting paid for work instead of living off 5 dollar donations while coding for trannies

>m-m-muh gayemz!
see It means you're too stupid to live.

Sounds like it's just right for you.

What does windows even do? a windows machine is a rich man's smartphone:
>web browsan
>muh games
You don't need a computer, you need instagram and a ps4, normie.

Well-known fact here in the real world: (almost) everything is crap on Linux. The rare good stuff gets ported to Windows; this is because you can make your market 100 times larger in a single shot. If there's a piece of software that only runs on Linux, you can be virtually certain it's garbage - because if it wasn't, it would have been ported to Windows.

As such, there is no reason for you to run Linux.

this

If you need to do server or sys admin stuff

You shouldn't. The community reaching out to normies is why we're in this giant CoC mess right now.

Because freedoms.

Attached: 4413485F-030D-4D72-90E5-9A07492D5B7F.jpg (500x333, 43K)

I don't give a fuck what you use. If you don't know why you would need Linux, don't fucking use it. That way I don't have to spoonfeed you fucking mouthbreathers in the support forums.

Attached: seriouslyhope.jpg (500x375, 51K)

There isn't one, when windows does everything better. Too bad the precondition is not satisfied.

>windows for... niche shit
Projection: the post.

Attached: 1542118989512.gif (640x360, 439K)

I don't give a fuck what operating system you use.

Because linux does more things than windows by default.

>when windows does everything better
When windows does everything better as you say: for starters it would be completely open source and free to fork.
Then it has to not be slow as shit, is not funny how every Linux based system is so fucking snappier even with the most bloated installation of gnome or kde you could imagine.
Also it would have a coherent ecosystem to develop, script, and use the fucking network (remote sessions and shit).
And finally be very modular, not having to reboot or redo the whole thing just to change something in specific.
The crucial point is that windows has to perform better in order to "do better" as you say. Then there won't be a reason to use Linux over Windows.
Now you tell me when all of that is gonna happen OP. Looks exciting.

Linux is more popular.

Chinese pirating websites exist

Attached: china.jpg (739x739, 53K)

>windows does everything better
It doesn't. Windows is such a hassle to use, I got things to do and I don't want my OS standing in the way of that, so I use an OS that I can configure to suit my use case and then leave alone.

Where can I get a legal gratis copy of windows? Remember that part of the cost of a new pre-built computer or laptop is the licensing cost of windows.

I work for a company that *only* builds linux software for real-time meteorological applications from antenna controllers down to display systems. They opted out of the (more lucrative) Windows market because the underlying OS was not responsive and stable enough.

absolute state of Jow Forums

You can't, that guy just has no fucking idea what he's talking about.

Gaymes that run natively or thru wine will most of the time run way better and respond faster, giving a competetive edge in eg CSGO

>run way better and respond faster
This meme, like you and your family, must die.

Attached: 1544764529129.gif (427x240, 904K)