Java truly is the comfiest language, even better than C# and its nonsense pascal case properties. Run on all platforms...

Java truly is the comfiest language, even better than C# and its nonsense pascal case properties. Run on all platforms, least amount of work to write/compile, has all the cutting edge programming technology. I've found my language Jow Forumsents.

Attached: java-coffee-house.jpg (550x412, 30K)

Okay.

I mean it’s a fucking memory bloated mega hog that requires an insane amount of syntax madness to even get a basic hello world out, but okay.

Why?
And if I was to take it seriously, why would I learn java instead of C or C++?

What can you do in java that's worth 2 fucks other than QA?

Java's about as comfy as doing my taxes. The only time it's good to write java is when you don't have to write it. It's the reason we've gotten such good IDEs, because people got so tired of writing java that they make programs to write it for them.

Everything.

Comparing Java to C/C++ is like comparing a hammer drill to a screwdriver.

Productivity from a competent Java programmer > productivity from a competent C++ programmer. Unless your only concerned about the size of the resulting program.

Java eats RAM because it's suppose to. The more room in memory, the less garbage collection, the better the performance.

>Java eats RAM because it's suppose to
If I wanted less RAM available I'd fire up more browser tabs, not code Java.

While the garbage collector is very convenient, it's no good when it decides to put off everything to the last minute.

Java truly is a top tier language. However, javascript is way more comfy. Node js I mean, the front end shit is a huge mess. Node is very comfy and awesome. Only problem is a few kinks in npm and a lack of mature libraries.

Why not just use python which is hella more simple then?

>better than C# and its nonsense pascal case properties
in enterprise-tier languages C# is absolutely the comfiest
and properties are much more elegant than writing getters and setters every fucking time

>t. Pajeet

>the front end shit is a huge mess
what frontend shit?

Java was my first language, and honestly I appreciate the structure and predictability. almost like coding with training wheels. very easy to debug.

remembering/looking up how to declare shit is kinda annoying though.

I wonder if starting programming with Java has a big effect on how people view it. if you start with something more loosely typed then learn Java, I could definitely understand not liking it.

prolly means angular/react/vue

>fucking memory bloated mega hog

Just like Oracle Databases, the more memory you allow it to use the more memory it WILL USE.

Learn to set -Xmx flags and stop writing pajeet code and memory isn't that big of an issue. The trade off of course is you're introducing more GC cycles because it is more confined. Not that it matters since GC is pretty quick compared to how horrible it used to be.

>java
>not writing pajeet code

pick one

How can I make JS comfy? I can't get over the weird get/set bypasses, the weak typing, the "OOP". I know it's kicking ass and taking over but there just so much messy shit.

Whats Jow Forums's opinion on Java Servlets?

Attached: 1372598570752.jpg (800x533, 323K)

Keep the JVM, but abandon the verbose boilerplate that is Java. Try Kotlin.

A good IDE counteracts the verbosity.

Just use Scala

And the best Java IDE is made by the same people who make Kotlin. And they're also the people that make C# even halfway usable (through Resharper).

Just give it a try. You might not regret it.

You're doing it wrong. Don't use oop. Just use hashmaps (or "objects") for literally everything. Don't worry about types so much. It's loose and fun. Shit out clean code real fast. You shouldn't use node for anything number intensive. It really shines for api orchestration. Use async/await.

Ty user.

I just use Rider.

>Rider
I never heard of it, but after a google search, you know what? Turns out it's the same guys.

Lol.