These overpriced mechanical keyboards make me want to vomit...

these overpriced mechanical keyboards make me want to vomit. there is literally no point in getting anything other than gel keyboards since they all feel the same. ffs stop paying 200+ shekels just for some lights and a loud keyboard you faggots

Attached: rubberdome.jpg (320x240, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cfYXxqvd-Mg
amazon.com/dp/B01LXD7TP9/ref=dp_cerb_2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just more proof that you're all mindless faggots that will jump on any random bandwagon just because something looks remotely premium.

Attached: Capture.png (1220x579, 374K)

100000 rupees have been deposited into your Bank of India account

put some effort in next time

Attached: 1472400468181.png (753x706, 869K)

Gel keyboards are literally the exact same as mechanical keyboards, only about $200 cheaper. Good for poorfags

You can buy mechanical keyboards for $30 that are high-quality (they do not need to have RGB, either) and the typing experience is better as compared to traditional membrane (gel) keyboards.

Why are membrane keyboards so expensive?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-13 19-41-13.png (1090x562, 179K)

Ever broke open a video game controller? You know what they use? Membranes. Fucking mechanical meme.

Is a cheapish 6-key rollover, anti-ghosting keyboard really a market that is so unprofitable that no one even makes them? I'm no hardcore gamer, but it'd be nice to be able to press S + Right + Up at the same time without having to pay $80 for a clicky-clacker.

id rather spend my money on a better gpu (which don't actually get better, nvidya just underclocks their older generations, no new actual hardware) than a fucking $200 clacky, loud keyboard, rather than a soft one, which are scientifically proven to be better on your hands.

>clicky-clacker

do you even have proof that mechanical keyboards are better to type on?
probably not mech-fag

I can't find the "Super Smash Bros Melee controller sounds dubbed over crab mating dance" video, so have this one instead:
youtube.com/watch?v=cfYXxqvd-Mg

Hopefully the name and idea of this video gets across the point that the "tactile" feedback is really just there to appeal to emotion rather than productivity or performance.

Well, I have empirical proof: It simply feels better to type on. I am - for your information - not some geek who fusses over this nonsense 24/7 like /g, rather, I just experiment with what I think is better make my decision then continue on my way. Membrane (gel) works completely fine, but if someone sits on his computer for most of the day and types for most of the day then he may as well purchase something that makes the experience better (even if negligibly) you can get good mechanical keyboard for < $50.

This one is very well built and affordable. Try it out:

amazon.com/dp/B01LXD7TP9/ref=dp_cerb_2

why do i still go on Jow Forums?

>Ever broke open a video game controller? You know what they use? Membranes. Fucking mechanical meme.

?????

Attached: TTVXO-VITA-Replacement-Left-Right-PCB-Circuit-Board-Power-Switch-ON-OFF-Board-for-PSVita-1000.jpg (800x800, 47K)

First off, that's a Vita. Which I would call neither a gamesystem nor a controller.

Second off, those just look like membranes individual to each button.

See that shit? Membrane. Sure they're a bit heavier duty than the average keyboard membrane, but the point is they are a contiguous molded plastic whose actuation is based on the deformation of that plastic rather than some delicate, over-engineered spring and lever system.

Attached: 20140705_175945.jpg (2048x1536, 755K)

>these overpriced mechanical keyboards make me want to vomit
decent memebrane keyboards cost $100 too

you can get a cherry red mechanical clone for 20$ from Taobao

there is no reason not to get a mechanical

not true thou trash sony use membrane but Nintendo and Microsoft used physical switches until they cheapen out too.

this one has an apple logo so it's overpriced. It also is essentially a cheap netbook tier keyboard. Just get a $15 logitech keyboard and mouse combo if you want chicklet keys

>Nintendo and Microsoft used physical switches until they cheapen out too.
Here, have an absolute "Fuck you." Name the first Nintendo controller that used mechanical switches. Because I'll do it for you. It's the Game Cube and only the fucking clacky R/L triggers. And even they had a membrane backing to clickers. All the best nintendium controllers use membranes. No fucking idea what the modern pieces of shits use.

Well ps/2 keyboards can be acquired cheaply these days

nobody wants chiclet keys, retard
what a shit fucking thread

My mechanical keyboard cost $35.

€3 at a fleamarket. Like new.

Attached: IMG_20181003_1712044.jpg (3040x4056, 3.07M)

You all fucking sicken me.

Attached: Keyboard.png (733x337, 102K)

>30$
where?

I tried a membrane keyboard the other day and I had a mini heart attack, you can't even type properly on that thing, all the keys are mushy and they are liable to just stick in because everything is so low quality. My WPM went from a solid 150 to like 100, and my hands started hurting instantly when typing fast due to how mushy the keys are and also you're never quite sure whether you pressed a key or not. It's just not something any professional would want to have, ever, especially if you're involved with a lot of typing. There's cheaper mechanicals out there, I'd get one of those if budget was an issue

That's capacitive. The rubber dome makes contact with the contact on the PCB, NOT a membrane contact sheet.

I type faster on Apple scissor switch keyboards than on my filco mechanical

>overpriced
have you ever tried to build every single component from scratch?
prices around 50-100 are very competitive, ordering the pcb alone can cost at least 20$, the keyboard you referring has just a plastic sheet.

11$ a new keyboard in asia, you fools are stupid as fuck