Wine for windows xp

So when will there be a wine version for windows xp so we can run windows 10 programs on it?

Attached: IMG_20181214_113013_e.png (1920x1200, 3.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Skulltrail192/One-Core-Api
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

install mingw and wine via it

Just grow up and start using windows 10 what hell man, windows xp is deprecated garbage that you should stop using

>windows needs windows compatibility layers to run windows software
The absolute state of Windows.

but it's the same way going back; there's a shitton of old software that won't run in modern windows. some things wine will run; but windows will not.

Enable WSL and then install Wine. Now you can run Windows XP shit flawlessly.

Probably when you make it.

OTOH XP is pretty shit for current hardware, you are much better off with Linux (and then xp in qemu or such if you must).

github.com/Skulltrail192/One-Core-Api
It exists. I also remember some ruskies who made custom Windows XP build with One-Core API and WineD3D preinstalled, as well as some other compatibility tools.

>some rambling that has no relation to reality
Absolute state of freetards.

>KernelEx: The Next Generation

This is like complaining about why Battlefield One won't run on an Apple II

>backcompat doesn't matter
Related: how's that 1% treating ya?

>wanting even more .net cancer on your superior win32 environment
eww.
anything that only works on wngblows10 is not worth your time, and hopefully you will also come to that conclusion sooner that later

Cope.

You're doing it so poorly, too.

Your childhood is over, user. It's time to grow up.

Attached: 8fa03df9e22879b653b7e69c18fb33bf.png (650x366, 168K)

Donate to ReactOS.

Strong words coming from a Loonie Toonix user where backports are a coin flip on whether you break your system or not.

xp isn't a bloated mess unlike windows 10 or 8.1. it's pretty great if you use it to play old games but i wouldn't use it to browse internet.

Hey, lay off him user. We were all stupid toddlers who didn't know shit from clay at one point or another.

I love being old enough to remember everyone claiming XP was slow and bloated, and they were sticking with Win98.

if you've ever tried the windows run in compatibility thing you'd know this is the case
fact of the matter is wine runs more applications than windows can

it was sluggish on my single core celeron back in the day but they somehow managed to fix that with updates. sure did bluescreen me a lot after that.

>runs
Correct.
>runs without crashing randomly and/or having a messed up display
Absolute joke and you should KYS for being this flagrantly pathetic.

Attached: 1543520949070.gif (245x250, 916K)

Oh god he's repeating the same rhetoric that was used 15 years ago with XP and 10 years ago with 7.

This.
If you get as far as the main window on Windows, you can be fairly sure Legacy Application #1,234,567 will work fine.
On Whine though, it can bomb out absolutely anywhere. Even summoning common dialogs, or the fucking About box.

First time XP came out it was pretty bad, but XP SP2 was the best. Anything after XP is 10 times more bloated.

sounds like you should use a non shit distro to me

Then stick with XP. Those of us with non-dumpster-dived computers can enjoy OSs commensurate with the power available.

>unironically using this "argument"

Attached: 1541659232422.gif (500x340, 969K)

werks 4 me what else can i tell you
you can't always blame the upstream software when your view of it is based on your downstream distribution

LMAO. Non arguments from people who probably never used modern Linux or modern wine. Absolute state of /v/irgins

Ahh, it's the /v/ again. Seriously, does this "insult" work on people who have actual lives?

>I enjoy my slow to load .net dll inferno applications
Good for you.
But Windows _is_ Win32.

Not really, no. But explaining it would require a digression into OS architecture that I really don't have time for.

Playing video games all day and pretending to know about technology isn't really a sign of an "actual life"

People will get mad at this for some reason.

But I don't. Neither do most Windows users. You don't understand this, because you are a fucking moron. This is your defect, not anybody else's.

Why? It's actually been answered (in the affirmative, no less):

LMAO. Triggered wintoddler. Good to see that this is a sore point for you. Continue shitting up this board with muh fps and AMD vs Intel threads.

Yeah, sure.
Better luck next time.

>and then xp in qemu
does gpu passthrough work with Xp?

>Linux supports Windows software better than Windows

Attached: 1536368678050.png (304x324, 106K)

Just use VM and boot w10 image this way

dude are you fucking retarded

>Windows 7? What do you need 8 for?
>Stop kvetching and just use Windows 10
>XP is the holocaust, goyim. Don't use it.

Attached: jew_basic.jpg (600x600, 38K)