>use android since 2008 after switching from symbian
>rage against the price and
>only apple product that I've ever owned is a first gen ipod touch
>rage against the price and constraints on the OS
>staunch anti-apple stance for years
>android phone shits itself
>switch to iPhone
>not a new one; handmedown iPhone SE from 3 years ago

>literally the best phone I've ever had.

Holy shit. Kill me. I've turned into a faggot.

Attached: android-vs-iphone.jpg (1400x933, 55K)

>I've turned into a faggot.
Yep. I agree.

pls no bully

I know this is not how things work around here and that there's a shit ton of reason why you shouldn't be using an iphone, but congrats on actually liking your phone. Too many people don't, be it an android based, iphone, blackberry or whatnot.

>shit ton of reason why you shouldn't be using an iphone,
>muh frreeeeeddummmmbbbbssssssssssssssssss

rreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>literally the best phone I've ever had.
I wish I had standards this low.

*I wish I had taste

ftfy

Someone made this same thread about the iphone xr, fuck off shill.

This.
Especially coming from Symbian, iOS is terrible! Fucking piece of shit can’t even multitask. Everything is so complicated for no reason and ass backwards, compared to more modern systems like meego and bbos. How on earth is it acceptable in 2018 that i still have to press on an app icon, wait a bit and then see my new message, instead of having an integrated hub?
The only thing iOS has going for it is that at least it’s not android and that the SE exists. So yeah, technically, the SE ist the best phone in existence, but it sucks thta „best“ just means „least shitty“.

>there's no chance that more than one person likes iphones!

triggered much?

Oh, and the information density, or rather, lack thereof.
My blackberry has a screen half as big as my iPhone, but it has double the content on it. That’s so retarded.

That tumblr-speak confirms it.

Android is superior to all of those operating systems, at least in the points you mentioned. You can even set whatever density you like the most.

It is not. At least not if you have a live and a job. Not everyone can spend all his time on bending a piece of Pajeet shit into some usable form. And them there’s the issue of getting rid of googles botnet, which is another fulltime job.
Yes, it can be done, but for 99% of folks, it’s just not practical.

>thinking you are safe from the botnet on ANY os
>in 2018

Attached: gepmfzza6sp11.jpg (1198x1145, 244K)

Even the most radical solution to all of that - flashing a custom ROM - takes literally 5 minutes excluding the download time. The process is more streamlined than ever.

Yeah. And then you have to spend days to rid it of pajeets botnet and to get shit working and then you install the play store and it was all for nothing.
As long as there’s no android equivalent to foss distros like fedora or Ubuntu, you’ll always just have the choice to either install lfs or windows xp gold, to replace your windows xp

>And then you have to spend days to rid it of pajeets botnet and to get shit working
It just werks since project treble.
>and then you install the play store
If you're retarded maybe.

But without apps, why have a smartphone? And no one puts their apks on their website anymore. Yes, I know, fdroid exists and it sucks that there is nothing like it for iOS, but there’s a few legit and useful apps that are not foss, and for those you need the play store (or you go full retard and use some virus ridden „mirrors“)

same here
sorry freetards but iOS > android

yeah a clear design language is nice. kudos apple.

on the other hand:
>itunes or stream, no click and drag music
>no apps outside app store (newpipe pls)
>no aux
>(((authorized))) repair
>fewer features, slower (wheres the IR blaster?
>cost vs. hardware spec, actual overhead

is not nice

Who cares what phone you use faggot. It's a tool and nothing more

> >itunes or stream, no click and drag music
thats literally all you do to add music to iTunes, I know it's bad but it isn't any harder to use
> >no apps outside app store (newpipe pls)
you can sideload apps (albeit for 7 days at a time without a dev account) or use a free/paid signing service
> >no aux
true
> >(((authorized))) repair
also true
> >fewer features, slower (wheres the IR blaster?
what do you mean slower?
> >cost vs. hardware spec, actual overhead
you also pay for iOS, R&D, etc

>>literally the best phone I've ever had.
Nice, useful review.
However, if you are going to shill, at least learn how to sell it to technical people.
I know there are no journalist in this field to learn from, but that is just because nobody wants to belittle themselves with that type of work.

>no aux
>iphone SE

>IR Blaster
True, I can no longer transfer a 25kB ringtone to my friend under the desk at school over the course of an hour.

>cost vs hardware spec
It's a 3 year old phone. limited cost, and how much does op care about hardware spec....its a 3 year old phone

>itunes or stream
ok this is valid.

>everyone who disagrees with me is a shill
>everyone who likes something is a shill

how does it feel to have a sub 85 IQ?

I'll have to take your word for it given your expertise on density.

>triggered
>tumbler speak

heh, triggered.

If it works for you, knock yourself out.
As a lifelong OS X user I can't see myself ever using iOS

Yeah but what if you don't give a shit?

IPhone user experience is so well put together nothing else really compares.

If you install ish you can use ssh to transfer stuff to your phone, it’s much easier

Attached: F2171482-0118-4FC4-84E3-505D990E6C09.png (750x1334, 81K)

And from ish

No need for root/jailbreak either, it’s super handy

Attached: E073047B-BDB9-48D0-B202-9C89384AD4E4.png (750x1334, 205K)

>IOS
>complicated

Attached: 11BD4D0C-D7B6-4FCE-BFD3-7EFB43752F2B.jpg (645x729, 32K)

I switched to an iPhone 6s because google calendar syncing kept failing on my Nexus 5, culminating in me missing an important meeting I had entered on my computer which never made it to my phone. Reminding me of appointments and texts/phonecalls were literally the only important things I did on my phone. I still have the same iPhone 3 years later with no plans to upgrade; it's been painless and perfect the whole time.

You can definitely do a lot more useless bullshit on an android phone, but the whole time it felt like something was constantly broken, and often something important.

I don't like the walled garden approach to software. At least i can actually run anything i can compile on my Mac.

Then literally any phone works. For me exactly Zero phones work out of the box and when I intersect the custom ROM support with the hardware features I need there might be like one phone in 2 years that interests me.

Sounds like you’re on the spectrum desu

>fruit phone bad

Attached: 1539716381874.png (374x229, 29K)

I give my previous phones to my mom. With custom ROM and all, except I install gapps. She has no issues. You simply don't know what you're missing out.

>iOS doesn’t have gapps
>going through the trouble of installing custom roms and then installing Gapps anyway

I take it back. You’re not on the spectrum.
You’re just a retard.

>oh no! i like a thing that my chinese cartoon enthusiast forum told me i shouldn't like!
>what ever shall i do???

Attached: extremely unimpressed pepe.jpg (400x388, 35K)

At least he isn’t a dumb frogposter.

SailfishOS is pretty comfy

Kts

if it just werks for you, why does it matter? enjoy your SE, user.

I really would love for it to succeed, but after going from Symbian to meego to bbos I just could justify going for a third stillborn OS.

* NOT justify. I hate typing on a touchscreen. You get so distracted fighting with autocorrect that you forget whole words.

Just buy geminipda or cosmo communicator, tripleboot android/debian/SFOS with hw kbd, life can't get much better than this, need that specific app boot into android, do all Jow Forums stuff in sfos/debian

Too much work and having to wait a full boot between writing an email and doing some app stuff also sucks.
There is just no good phone left on the market.

apple = android = shit
the only actual merit they got is for creating a huge bubble market of """app""" """programmers""", which benefited us all as a profession at the end of the day.
Also clean your aids-ridden shit-infested mouth with bleach before you even start talking about symbian, you anal cunt
P.S. sage for obvious shill thread

ios is unusable period, even with a jailbreak.

Email works dandy on sfos, if you need dat whatsapp wait for retail sfos release as it will include alien dalvik so you can run your botnet on sfos too, but that seems like polluting perfectly fine OS

But iOS doesn't do half the things that Android does well.
>sharing stuff in iOS is a pain in the as
>can't dial phone numbers using fuzzy t9 name search
>no file explorer
>no app sideloading
>no autistic levels of customization

Only app missing for me is protonmail, but hoping to get that bridge running with qemu or proton release arm binaries soon

Also ironically iOS is slow as fuck.

>kts
...kill the sun?

Kill thy self

Correct.

>it just werks

Attached: 1536827967696.jpg (643x960, 255K)

>indians
>affording apple

Self hating android using pajeet detected

>think about switching to iOS because of security
>No Solid Explorer
>No Newpipe
>No Clover or any kind of Jow Forums app
>No Fdroid or anything comparable
>Sealed battery
>You don't like an OS update you're stuck with it
>Apple is hostile against a user's right to repair as demonstrated by their new MacBooks that brick if you use unauthorized parts
But at least I could FaceTime my shitty friends who can't be bothered to make a phone call, and take high quality pictures of my food lmao

>Oh no I wouldn’t have several autistic poorly implemented features and might actually have a nice phone

This is what you sound like Pajeet.

They're beautifully implemented. For example I can use the sharing system to save your ugly Pajeet pictures to any directory including cloud drives and network shares via Solid Explorer. It all just works, like a well oiled Unix-like should. Meanwhile you can't even get an MKV file from your MacBook to your iPhone without an hour of Googling

Attached: Screenshot_20181214-085045_Solid_Explorer.png (1920x1080, 191K)

On the plus side you can write your own sfos apps in sfos (or debian) and compile too. Probably even android apps on debian as it most likely requires X. Once google catches up with wayland should work on sfos too

Or you could just use ssh through ish, or connect directly and use files

Attached: AFBFB476-D7AD-4B81-9CC1-FB4FD627ADDB.png (750x1334, 93K)

And files

Attached: AD56C2F7-D94F-475B-8D37-8C30AA77A37C.png (750x1334, 56K)

>says Android is autistic
>advocates using fucking ssh to manage files
The dichotomy at the heart of Apple bootlickers.

>Meanwhile you can't even get an MKV file from your MacBook to your iPhone without an hour of Googling
I was quite surprised when I first plugged my shitty... err shiny new iPhone into my computer and it showed up as a normal drive, in addition to as a camera.
Sure, I don’t have full system access that way, but for 99% of cases it’s enough and it’s more stable than whatever crap android is doing when it’s pretending it’s an usb drive.

I’m saying ssh is a quick and simple was to get files too and from your iPhone. You were the one proclaiming Android “just works, like a well oiled Unix-like should“, well you can’t get much more unix-like than ssh/sftp

Don’t get me wrong, I truly think having the option to write and compile your own stuff should be mandatory, but as of now, with systems like that it’s mandatory to use this option, which sucks when you just want to have a simple, ready to use device.

>How on earth is it acceptable in 2018 that i still have to press on an app icon, wait a bit and then see my new message, instead of having an integrated hub?
Pretty much this. I moved from Android to BBOS and a physical keyboard a couple years ago. Sure, normies make fun of it, but the hub is cool as shit. The device is solidly built and is a great communications device.

>tfw no gf or friends on BBM

Attached: serveimage.jpg (800x390, 122K)

Looks like a full screen notification shade. What's so special about it?

Fuck. Now I remember what I’m also missing from blackberry: the option to add color markers to my different email accounts to immediately see what new email came in on one of the important ones and which came on one of the ones I can ignore. It’s all a sea of Pastell and huge empty spaces now.

It's the equivalent of your messaging app, email app, notification shade, anything that needs your attention, all in one place and accessible from anywhere immediately.

No app button to press, and no loading screen to get to your messages. The Hub is part of the OS.

I was the one that said that and not the one that replied to you. I was going to give that you can manage files via ssh (can do the same on Android) but since we were talking about doing things easily it wasn't relevant in the first place. Imagine trying to explain to your mom how to ssh into her computer to watch some videos..

Why not give sailfish a try? Use it daily, has Jow Forums native app, can rewrite it on the go as needed as qml based. Ddg libhybris adaptation, maybe you can run community port without any money investment, lots of devices have initial community ports

It’s not notifications, it’s your inbox, for all of your accounts. It’s utterly brilliant and rim is the only manufacturer that did messaging right.

I T J U S T W O R K S

Or you use yalp store. Not that hard.

It does not run on the compact Experias and while I would love to have the option to write my own shit? I also would love to have the option to have everything working right out of the box. Already got fed up with having to jump through loads of hoops to keep my blackberry going and before that the same on meego, so I’m tired of it all.

True I suppose. I find it handy though.

What hoops? Daily driver since jolla1. What exactly do you think doesn't work out of the box? The system is mature, only 'I neeeed that 1 android app' is the hoop, and for retail versions alien dalvik covers it, just spend 50$ on ebay and buy jolla1 or intex aquafish, they are getting os updates after like 5 years still

Should have got a oppo mate
Ios is dogshit plus iphonww have terrible battery life

3 days and counting, can’t really complain.

Attached: B4956B35-5556-4A69-B791-F31CA377A05F.png (640x1136, 79K)

Lol that pathetic screen on time
My R11 with a tiny (for droid) 3000ma battery lasts for over 12+ hours screen on and I've been shitposting for almost 2 years on it

That’s your problem. You see shitposting as something to be proud of.

As opposed to what (regular) newfag 4channel tier shit?

Attached: 1544622595811.jpg (828x628, 40K)

nobody shills it here for fat retards like you.
we can and will have apple threads in future no matter how much you try to street shit there and ruin in.

oh no its streetshitter projecting

Attached: Screenshot_20181210-143851~2.jpg (720x646, 39K)

ANDRJEETS BTFO

Attached: 60FD377A-E417-426F-8A9A-9A2644336653.gif (540x540, 279K)

B + R/P

having a life besides Jow Forums, for starters.

No one believes you have this.

shill