>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and pairing with a 2080 or better
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards; cheap models usually low yield processor. Aim for factory OC versions for best performance
>use your due diligence with cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans. They may be cheap, but won't get high boost clocks like better models
1080p
>RX 570/580/1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
1080p@144hz
>Vega 56/1070ti best value, Free/G-sync monitor highly recommended
1440p@60-75hz
>Vega/1070ti/1080/2070
1440p@100+hz
>1080ti/2080
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9IL1AvNDQyNTczL29yaWdpbmFsLzE2LmpwZw==.jpg (600x450, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/article/1616-4ghz-ryzen-2nd-gen-vs-core-8th-gen/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113544
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACA15NU9889
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fpbp

Attached: 1539462741818.png (799x600, 534K)

8700K or 9700K?

In terms of future proofing, 9700K is the better option right?

8700K or a 9700K?

Have a 2600X and Asus Prime Pro X470 and I'm having an issue with CPU fan speed and voltage spikes. If I do something minimal like open a youtube video or scroll up and down a website my voltage jumps from 0.7v to 1.43 and CPU fan revs up for a second and gets quiet afterwards again but sometimes it idles at 1200 rpm. How do I stop the voltage spike which causes the fans to go crazy for a second for such a minimal task, I have voltage offset at -0.08v but that barely reduced the max voltage usage.

I have an i5-4440 with a 1060. It’s enough to run my oculus rift, but barely. I want to start from scratch and build a better gaming pc. I’d reuse my mobo, but it’s an 1150 socket.

Budget is $2k. Can probably reuse my 650w power supply, case, ram, and SSDs.

Is there any reason not to use the i9-9900k if I have the money to spare?

Do you really need a tiny PSU for the Nano S? I was going to either do Seasonic Evo bronze for $39.99 after rebate, or an EVGA G2/G3 550.

I'm only looking at about 270~ TPD.

Do you need more cores? Probably not, because then you would have gone with the 8/16T Ryzen. 8700k
Do you need more threads? Probably not, again as above, 8700k
Buy which ever one is cheaper.

Why IS the mid tower case so heavily memed now? Why not just get a full-featured full tower and never have to worry about shit fitting?

What I learned this week:

* Put the CPU in the socket before putting the motherboard into the case. It'll be much easier.

* If the uATX case doesn't have much space put the PSU before the motherboard, it is even more important to do this if your PSU isn't modular.

* Take your time when changing BIOS settings, change one thing then test then change something else and test again and so on.

* If you use an iGPU and have weird screen flicker and random graphics corruption, try disabling C states in the BIOS.

* If you are having trouble inserting the RAM modules in an ASRock mobo, make sure you keep it leveled when inserting. It'll go down very easily and might even fall straight down into the socket.

* Celeron G3930 is a very capable chip for basic tasks. It has the same generic processing power of a Core 2 Duo E8400 but the newer tech makes it much more powerful. I have no regrets here but if I were to make such budget build again I would definitely use the 200GE.

>C states

You've spooked me. What is this?

>Ryzen
Lol no. I've fallen for the AMD meme before. Fuck your outdated CPU.

I'm not poor but I feel for the Ryzen meme after watching YouTube vids with Ryzen being ~10 fps lower than Intel but at 40% lower CPU usage. Intels are dogshit at multitasking and I want to run VMs.

Something to do with power saving.

>T. 14nm while ayymd is at 10nm
Intlel corelets truly are retarded, I bet most of them are retarded fat american gaymers.

8700k can't even beat the 9700k in most multithreaded workloads since hyperthreading is such garbage.
The only thing the 8700k will beat the 9700k in multiithreaded, is for things like professional applications that actually optimize their software properly to take advantage of hyperthreading, but most games for example, and most other software, simply can't play nice with hyperthreading and so loading down one of the two thread per core, is generally enough to saturate the core, once you start doing hyperthreading, the performance drops to shit outside of the few programs that are properly optimized.

Attached: 2018-12-03 21_52_24.png (400x401, 19K)

Gaymers in general are retarded and they should stop coming here immediately. I deliberately give false advice to any /v/ fuck I find here.

AMDrones are always quick to scream "MOAR CORES!!!" but never want to acknowledge that their single core speed is 2012 Ivy Bridge tier lol

>I hate people that use computers for fun!

What's the best AMD GPU manufacturer? Still Sapphire?

>Still Sapphire
it never was

>defending manchilds

>he still thinks he's somehow better than someone else because he doesn't use his PC to play games

hop off down that horse whenever you're done jerking off.

How about you stop posting false information?

techspot.com/article/1616-4ghz-ryzen-2nd-gen-vs-core-8th-gen/

IPC is basically the same between AMD and Intel right now. The only difference is that Intel is on a mature 14nm process and they can yield faster clocks from them. Don't forget that no Broadwell chip was sold with more than 4GHz turbo. Zen2 is set to bring up to 5GHz turbo clocks with much lower power draw than Intel.

Exceptional tier @ logical increment

Attached: asfdsfaf.png (1292x131, 21K)

How's steam os? I'm having trouble with w10 lately and I got a spare ssd. Is it as brain dead as windows? I don't wanna learn a new os.

>Zen2 is set to bring up to 5GHz turbo clocks
>he actually believes the obviously fake "leaks"

fuck AMDrones are easy to fuck with. Get ready for disappoint when Zen2 only turbos up to 4.7 or 4.8Ghz.

lol ok dude. let's wait to see what CES brings, eh?

CES will be 100% Rome, with literally nothing but MAYBE a teaser for Consumer Zen2.

No SKUs will be announced, no final specs will be announced, it'll be a uarch tech dive where they give more information about the workings of Zen2. That's it.

Expect Rome launch in the spring or early summer, with Consumer Zen2 to follow a few months later, either summer or fall.

Trips of truth, INTARD shitters are anally devastated their pozzed garbage is shit.

Attached: riptel.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

>herd of animals is feeling superior to another herd of animals
I can't imagine the IQ required to company loving faggot but at the same time laughing at the other company loving faggot.

>AMD Unboxed gimping Intel to curry favor for AMD

Attached: 1489160516428.png (800x612, 245K)

Can someone recommend me a motherboard for a ryzen 2700x and a rtx 2070, 3000mhz ram? No rgb bullshit just the most basic cheap motherboard ryzen 2nd gen ready (cba to update bios)

Attached: images(21).jpg (270x187, 7K)

>basicbitchcomputerparts.com
>motherboards
>amd
>am4
>x470
>sort by: price [ascending}

I wish Ryzen didn't run like ass compared to Intel on Starcraft 2 otherwise I'd go AMD.

is that some kind of sc2 related bug or what
cause that game runs on any toaster

No, AMD is just shit at single core.

Any Australians around? I'm completely incapable of building a PC (auto-immune disease makes my hands freak out at random) and don't have the knowledge to deal with somewhere like MSY. Are there any places that will build a PC for you with your selected parts? If so, are any recommended?

Any chance you have a family member or friend that could put it together for you?

All of my family are either dead or addicts, unfortunately. Nobody in my friend circle is tech literate either, unfortunately. I asked around and pretty much everybody has zero idea or they'd be too worried about breaking shit as well.

>browsing ebay
>see a new 1080 ti for under £100
>keep refreshing the page to see if its legit
>hours past and its gone

one of these days it'll be legit.

Attached: v.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

If I have two 120mm fans running at 1200RPM at the front doing intake, and then two 120mm fans on the topside plus the single rear at 700RPM, should that provide proper positive pressure?

>SC2

bruh, that shit died like 3 years ago...

looks like a borg cube

switch to 200mm fan

Best 144Hz 1440p monitor

Basically i fucked up the usb 3.1 pins on my motherboard that's suppose to connect the usb 3.0 ports on my front panel.

If i wanna buy a cable that uses the USB 2.0 pins on the motherboard instead to connect to the front panel what should I look for?

>1070Ti is supposed to come today
>tracking says it's in a different city and I should get it from there
>call them and they tell me it's in my city and ready to go get it
>it's 10 minutes past their closing time
>they open again on monday
Fucking amdniggers are sabotaging me irl

Not directly about pc building but somewhat related.

I'm going back home from college for Christmas and I'd like to have access to my PC which I need to leave on campus.
I attempted to set up wake on lan, but of course I don't have the permissions to set up the port forwarding.
I thought about maybe just leaving the PC in sleep mode and remote desktopping in to wake it up and access it, but I can't access the desktop when its in sleep mode unfortunately.

Any suggestions?
Thx

Attached: abusiveadulthood.jpg (640x894, 26K)

I just broke my mouse, clicking it dosnt do anything majority of the time and I end up clicking on something 10 times before it works.
any good mice I can get for 20-50$?

Logitech G305

DeathAdder Elite

4 had 120fps and RE7 which uses same engine as 5 has uncapped

please respond I'm a PSU and GPU away from having my parts

Attached: 1537940645541.jpg (200x200, 12K)

Logitec G203

I bough it for $20 and it's been great

Why even bother with thinking, if you have to much money?

Engine mostly relies on a single core and AMD is still shit at that, maybe Zen 2's higher clocks will help a bit.
I still play it. :)

Best cooler(s) for a 9700K?

antartica

thanks

If you want to reliably OC all core to 5 or 5.1Ghz, then you'll need a water cooling setup. The NH-D15 can barely sustain a 5Ghz all core, if going air cooling, i'd recommend keeping your all-core OC to ~4.8-5Ghz depending on your particular chip.

For water cooling, a 240 or 280mm closed loop cooler can handle up to around 5Ghz without too much issue unless your ambient temps are unusually warm.

You'll need larger 360mm radiator, or a custom loop with multiple radiators if you want to assure proper cooling for beyond 5Ghz on all cores.

Is Zen 2 actually going to be worth waiting for? I'm debating if I'm going to wait or pull the trigger on a 9700k. I'm only interested in gaming on my PC.

If you're only gaming, the 9700k or 8700k are good at the moment, it's hard to say if it's "worth" waiting for Zen2 for you, the people claiming it will be out in 2-3 months are fucking retarded, it will be late spring at the earliest. If you can get by with what you already have for now, it may be worthwhile to wait. But if you're just not happy with what you're currently getting and will get a big upgrade by getting the 9700k or 8700k, just get one of those.

Attached: what you need for intel.jpg (3000x2000, 2.12M)

I saw benchmarks and holy shit that game is a mess. Even intel cpus can't run it properly

Attached: zdkyuo.png (1539x833, 148K)

also this is at 1080p lel

delapping and liquid metal

Hey guys, I need to build the cheapest used PC for windows 7 + Word 2015 + web browsing, it's for a typical dad that only uses it for work.

I was thinking getting a phenom II x4 635 + cheapest am3 board I can find + 4gb & 2gb ram sticks + SSD disk. I already have the case and a HDD for storage. Any suggestions?

Attached: __hiyajou_maho_new_super_mario_bros_u_deluxe_and_etc_drawn_by_menomorute__2dd162fe867132312e8fed446b (800x800, 358K)

I'm looking for an IPS, 1440p, 144hz, freesync 27"

Is there one floating around for $300 somewhere? I plan on using a 10% code from ebay then purchasing gift cards at 15%off from Samsung pay. So I'm trying to get it to $225 which is my actual sweet spot.

Modern web browsers are bloated as fuck, so you might want something that can cheaply fit in 8GB RAM, like anything that can use DDR4. Here's a cheap brand new CPU for thought: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113544

Doesn't exist.

The only panel I know that fits your criteria besides price is the Acer VG270UP. But it's $400+. And not currently available from most retailers.

Attached: 2018-12-14 13_24_13.png (305x165, 11K)

That's what we all want I think, sans freesync. The problem is one manufacturer controls 144 IPS and Dell and a few others refuse to do business with them.

Try a VA panel. Samsung does a lot with those and they can meet your needs I think.

I think VA is better than IPS anyway. Not as jerky without being as washed out as TN.

how much should I spend on this system (for programming) and should I get a prebuilt?

>processor: don't care as long as it can run an IDE and a VM
>at least 500GB PCIe x4 NVMe
>at least 16GB RAM
>no graphics card or anything I won't use that will drive up the price

Closest I was able to find is this: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACA15NU9889

>Doesn't exist.
uhm? ASUS MG279Q

You should have gotten a prebuilt like 3 weeks ago when they were on sale everywhere.
And for programming your gonna want something that can compile okay. And that's gonna driveup the price.
Like 900 or so. Mos of that going towards CPU and MB.

at $520+

He said $300 or less.

The one I posted meets his specs too, besides price. And the Acer is $120 less.

>$520+
I dont know where he is from, and what are the prices there so I just gave whatever monitor he wanted he can check the prices himself.

Then you're dumb for not reading the rest of my post or the image i posted, as both would have shown you that I already mentioned a monitor that meets the specs on paper.

By
>doesnt exist
I was purely referring to the price point he brought up.

Are VA panels really worth it or is it poor people trying to convince themselves that they don't really NEED an IPS.

They're worth it, I personally prefer the contrast ratio offered by VA over IPS panels anyway.

I still have my a phenom II x4 955 as a side machine besides my ryzen, and I can't tell the difference when browsing, I think as long you have an SSD and use a lightweight browser you'll be fine.

Doesn't meet the requirements since it's freesync range is well below it's 144hz maximum, so if you're using it at anything beyond 90hz, freesync isn't enabled.

In reality, that's a 90hz freesync monitor.

Little of this, little of that. I've used both and honestly i prefer which ever I'm using at the time. "Shit son, how did I ever go without these colors,' vs : "Goddamn, I didn't know what smooth was until now."

Honestly both are okay. Just don't ever go with TN.

have fun being anally raped by black men you pile of shit

oh yeah forgot that exists, freesync is so trash lol.

Ask yourself if you really need freesync too. It's kind of overated if you have a card that can push the power anyway. And if you're buying a 144hz you really should be having at least a 1080 or whatever AMD's equivalent is now.

freesync is fine, Asus implementation on that specific panel is shit.

That asus does 30-90hz
The Acer VG270UP posted earlier does 40-144hz.
It's 10hz higher on the low end, but that shouldn't matter much.

good goym

thanks

Attached: 2018-12-10 19_12_32.png (351x246, 25K)

>40-144hz.
so what's the point of freesync again? tearing only happens when you're above 144fps.

From someone that tried both, they may be inferior to HDR IPS, if you even have hdr content that isn't AAA garbage, and anime is definitely better in IPS panels.

Besides that there isn't much, just make sure you don't buy very old model, the newer the better. I don't know if I'm blind but I can't tell the difference between blacks from TN, VA or OLED panels, they look the same to me, but they look bad in IPS.

That... is not accurate in the slightest. Like, did you just pull some words out of your ass?

The point of freesync, like g-sync, is to give you a variable refresh rate on the panel itself so it matches the framerate of your game, on more demanding games the framerate will go from 60-150fps, when it drops below 144fps, your monitor will drop it's refresh rate to match it, so you don't get tearing.

Do you even know what adaptive sync is?

I just got all my shit in
>ryzen 2600
>powercolor rx580
>asus prime b450m
>2x4gb, 3000mhz memory

I just wanna get into demanding-ish games, but eventually i'd like to do 1440p, can that CPU handle that?

I saw that 2 ASIC bitcoin miners where now operating at profit of a few cents the other day and might have freaked out and jumped the gun on a stock RX 480 4Gb to upgrade graphics on my unit. Note I intentionally play right on the cusp of outdated hardware. Payed $100. Is this a respectable price for 2018 or did I get noobed?

Attached: two scoops.jpg (900x900, 199K)

just depends on the game, i was playing GTA5 at 1440p with a GTX 960 and a Q6600 quad core from 2008. It wasn't getting anywhere near solid 60fps, but it was well above 30-40 most of the time.

CSGO was getting 150fps+