Why would you buy a phone that needs "rooting"?

why not simply buying one that gives you all the freedoms out of the box?

Attached: 1489345635703.jpg (243x216, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

readyfx.com/)
talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99632
talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1531509&postcount=104
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Doesn't exist until Librem 5 is out

I suppose next you're going to tell me I should start using "Linux" right?.

'Need' it the wrong word. The word you should be asking is 'allows'.

because I'm a destitute NEET and paying $5 more means not eating for a week

Are you retarded? No phone comes rooted.

What is sailfishOS?

SailfishOS is full linux and no need for rooting

Duckduckgo jolla or just sailfishOS, it's a full linux phone based distro from makers of maemo/meego

that was rhetorical as in 'hit me with what is sfos for 500'

Do you know what rooting even means or does?

I dare you to show me a single device that comes with sailfish

GeminiPDA can buy right now and tripleboot android/debian/sfos and hw kbd, cosmo communicator still on sale but will come june, xperia x and xa2, but you have to manually install

If in russia Inoi 7

Pretty sure at this point most Americans do not own their phones. They lease them, in the same way they lease cars.

Not sure how it is in other parts of the world.

Yes, it's what android has to do to have semi-access to the system, shit os is shit

If you want to look at aftermarket then jolla1, jollaC and intex aquafish, for community editions also fairphone

This thread is about phones and GeminiPDA is, by size, by functionality, and finally by name - a PDA. With ability to connect to mobile networks, but so can many laptops.

That's INOI R7 not 7, and it's pretty shit chink specs phone anyway.

Price and specs come to mind

Xiaomeme devices are almost worth the fucking wait for bootloader unlocking

GeminiPDA works just as a phone, has dynamic mic/speaker setup so you can hold it any way you want, the fact ppl use it as phone made them come up with cosmo campaign to address limitations, but it already is a phone

the gemini looks interesting but you can bet much the same effect with a phablet and a keyboard folio for much less. I know I asked for any device running sailfish or anything like that but this thing just has a bunch of minor things that irk me

Name 1 fagget! Gets 5 names, kys android shill

Use voice calls over 3-4g from your debian laptop, protip you can't, that why sfos is the linux phone os that works

Oh sure, you can also carry 5 other things and get the same, but check cosmo igg campaign, it covers most things ppl lacked in gemini

he's not the guy that asked, I am, and I'm looking into all of them but so far they all seem to be apple tier prices for what they are. but thanks for the info

Best cost optipn is just xperia x or xa2, you can run community edition for free to see how it is without any google, 50bucks for android app support if you need that whatsapp, best expensive option is probably cosmo communicator as you can run X apps booting debian, all wayland apps and normal phone usage on sfos and if you need something like a bank app every now and then can just boot into android

>xa2
looks great, and at that price point even with stock android it'd be worth it. especially since I could get a refurb for under two hundred. thanks for the tip man. I'll look into community edition of sailfish and see if it's for me

While it might look bad calling with such a brick next to your face, it is the closest to Jow Forums phone we have right now (if your n900 died), still looking forward to livermorium f(x) slider (readyfx.com/)

>site gives no info on device other than a drawing of the form factor
y dey do dis?

as if any of those existed

It's a small taiwanese company check tmo for more info: talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99632
chenliangchen is the guy from inside

>Here is the specs of this device. This is not a fanboy dream - we already have working - stablised - debugged solution. It's real.
talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1531509&postcount=104

>freedom
>current year
Shiggy

one word

s i m c a r d

you are fucked and cucked regardless just give up

ofono

Cool, make sure to install openrepos client as their official store only has limited selection, on openrepos you get anything from aircrack to wireshark to transmission-qt