Pseudoscience

Why do people believe in pseudoscience bullshit?

E.g.
>Flat Earth
>Acupuncture
>Homeopathy
>Chiropractic
>Phrenology
>9/11 Conspiracy Theories
>Moon Landing Conspiracy Theories
>UFOs
>Religion
>God or deities of any kind
>Astrology
>Faith Healing
>Anti-vax
>Ghosts
>Heaven and hell
>The Afterlife
>Chemtrails

Attached: pseudoscience.jpg (1120x919, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nhs.uk/conditions/chiropractic/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability
ipcc.ch/ipccreports/sres/aviation/index.php?idp=35
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

paranoia

the only pseudoscience you listed is flat earth, homeopathy and astrology
what fantasy world do you have to have to live in to call chiropractic care pseudoscience lol

Yeah maybe that's it.

Chiropractic is pseudoscience YOU FUCKING DUMBASS CUNT.

>It's considered a type of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), which means it's not a conventional medical treatment.
nhs.uk/conditions/chiropractic/

Translation: it's total and utter pseudoscience.

>Chiropractic is a form of alternative medicine mostly concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, especially the spine.[1][2] Proponents claim that such disorders affect general health via the nervous system,[2] through vertebral subluxation, claims which are demonstrably false. The main chiropractic treatment technique involves manual therapy, especially spinal manipulation therapy (SMT), manipulations of other joints and soft tissues.[3] Its foundation is at odds with mainstream medicine, and chiropractic is sustained by pseudoscientific ideas such as subluxation and "innate intelligence" that reject science.[4][5][6][7][8] Chiropractors are not medical doctors.[9]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic

holy shit reading the wikipedia article for it is like a hit piece
they don't even talk about the proposed benefits just horror stories and anti back adjustment propaganda and how some chiropractors are anti vaxxers which is completely irrelevant to the practice
hahahahahaha holy shit do doctors really seethe about people taking away some of their business that much
bait

from my understanding it was just you going to get your back popped to relieve pain or fix posture i never heard of all this other shit
nobody ever tried to sell it to me as a cure all

>Flat Earth
memes
>Acupuncture
white people love eastern alternative medicines because they're "exotic"
>Phrenology
literally just racism
>9/11 Conspiracy Theories
it's hard to accept that such a horrific event could be carried out so easily so they come up with this ultra-complex big brained conspiracy theory on why it couldn't POSSIBLY be as simply as we're lead to believe
>UFOs
people are scared of the possibility that we're alone in the universe
>Religion/Ghosts/Afterlife
long-held traditional beliefs tend to stay popular if it's sufficiently comforting to people. also religion can serve an important social function in a community so
>Chemtrails
there's no reason for this people are just stupid sometimes

mfw getting religious acupuncture at the faith-healing anti-vax chiropractor's while posting about 9/11 conspiracy theories from my UFO on the flat earth debating the moon landing with God and ghosts and checking my astrological fortune with phrenology thinking if the afterlife has chemtrails or homeopathy in heaven or hell

Attached: 1516075715386.gif (300x300, 401K)

That's the thing, you didn't know just how pseudoscientific and ludicrous the background of chiropractic really is. There is no evidence of its efficacy for anything.

Physiotherapy is a real medical field. Chiropractic is not.

Genuinely curious to know the answer to OP's question. My brother has gone down the Jow Forums rabbit-hole in the last few years and I want to understand what's going through his head. He's an alcoholic with crushingly low self-esteem who's last girlfriend was a feminist stereotype who literally cuckolded him. Now he suddenly believes every insane thing on the internet.

The afterlife isn't pseudoscience, it's conjecture that's not falsifiable. It's inly in the realm of postmodern philosophy at that point.

Having said that if the science crowd want to win more people over maybe they could take more of a stand against ideology and pseudo-religious tribalism in favor of evidence and reason. See (eg.): all of social science.

Lol fuck off libtard

How is the afterlife not falsifiable? Can ghosts come back and tell us about it? Is there some god that knows about it and who could give us a hint? If there's any difference whatsoever between a universe with an afterlife and one without then that difference is a something we can investigate scientifically. If there's not, then in what sense does an afterlife "exist"?

Attached: dank-meme.jpg (350x350, 68K)

The moon landing did not happen though.

Oh for fuck's sake

That's exactly why it isn't falsifiable. It can not be shown to be false by any present means.

This is a good set of answers to be honest.

I am a Jow Forumstard myself because I don't like the more insane parts of the radical left - but I don't believe in the conspiracy theories that unfortunately are often pushed on Jow Forums. I guess I'm a conservative, not as far to the right as some people on there.

>Karl Popper... proposed that statements and theories that are not falsifiable are unscientific. Declaring an unfalsifiable theory to be scientific would then be pseudoscience.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability

Okay so maybe I should say the afterlife is "unscientific" rather than "pseudoscience" because people don't tend to claim the existence of the afterlife on a scientific basis.

But still, close enough.

Economics is considered a social science and that's a rigorous field. And probably evidence-based too, I'm guessing.

Pseudo-intellectual detected. Lmao.

Surely the lack of electrical activity in the brain after death disproves any notion of life continuing after death.

And if someone wants to claim "lol no actually what happens is your soul ascends into heaven" then surely the fact that we have never found any evidence of a "soul", despite our comprehensive knowledge of the human body, disproves the idea that a "soul" could exist after death.

Give me a huge amount of credible evidence that it was faked, and that NASA is still lying to us, otherwise I'm not going to believe you champ.

cringe

But it's true mate that chiropractic is a pseudoscience. It's also true that everything else I listed is either a pseudoscience or just scientifically untenable.

da egyptjians use ancient lazer beams and electricity likea de tesla

I'm sure you've already seen enough on the matter than I have nothing new to add, so suit yourself.

I mean I've read a bit about the moon landings yes, and I've watched some of the videos, and I also take an interest in space activity that goes on these days, like the International Space Station etc.

I have no reason to think it was faked. But you seem to think it was? Do you have any reasons for why you think the moon landing didn't happen?

Schizophernia

Only morons believe things without any evidence or idea of science. For example people who believe we landed on the moon, or muslims blew up the towers are morons.

>there's no evidence of the moon landings or 9/11 despite all the fucking mountains of overwhelming evidence

Attached: brainlet.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Lul. Look into it. Im not wasting my time on a moron.

Who believes in phrenology?

David Icke

Well... Planes do leave trails of chemicals behind them. They're just the product of incomplete combustion not mind control though.

Attached: iu1.gif (480x360, 209K)

1. it happened only once
2. USA at the time was losing the space race to the USSR and wanted something to 1 up them
3. the pictures from that time don't fit with some taken more recently by some unmanned exploring ships
4. whatever else you can find on the net

>No evidence for your claims
Lmao. The moon landings happened, it's as simple as that.

Don't think that would be classed as chemtrails.

if its a trail of chemicals, how the fuck is that not a chemtrail lmfao

I don't know what chemicals specifically that Canadian was referring to when he said planes leave trails of chemicals. I googled it and I found this, from the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), saying how soot is a product of airplane engines, so maybe that's what the Canadian is referring to?

ipcc.ch/ipccreports/sres/aviation/index.php?idp=35

In any case - soot does not produce visible "trails", and I'm not aware of any other "chemical" that produces visible trails behind an aircraft either.

"Chemtrails" specifically refers to visible trails left by a plane. From the Oxford English Dictionary:

>chemtrail | ˈkɛmtreJl |
>noun
>a visible trail left in the sky by an aircraft and believed by some to consist of chemical or biological agents released as part of a covert operation, rather than the condensed water of a vapour trail: conspiracy theorists have been going wild with speculation over the nature and purpose of chemtrails.
>ORIGIN
>1990s: blend of chemical and trail, on the pattern of contrail.

So unless it's a visible trail, it's not a chemtrail. And furthermore, if it's not composed of "chemical or biological agents released as part of a covert operation" then it isn't a chemtrail either.

Now stop being a fucking moron, you fucking moron.

if you think I'm reading all that dork shit you must be mistaken

Attached: 1421636011648.jpg (435x435, 97K)

Here's the short version

Dictionary definition of chemtrail:
>a visible trail left in the sky by an aircraft and believed by some to consist of chemical or biological agents released as part of a covert operation

So unless it's a visible trail, and unless it consists of "chemical or biological agents released as part of a covert operation", it's not a chemtrail. You fucking idiot.

Bump because the world must be educated about the dangers of pseudoscience