How will AMD compete with Nvidia RTX?

How will AMD compete with Nvidia RTX?

Attached: Jen-Hsun_Huang_Headshot_(15313247387).jpg (4305x2870, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2uoO_vBUKs
youtube.com/watch?v=kSLJriaOumA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They will not, as usual.

Reasonable pricing would finish Nvidia right now.

Same way they always compete: pay a bunch of pakis to spread FUD on major tech sites.

they dont have to, its happening right now
also stop kvetching and purchase a rtx card, they only break 2 whole days after you receive it, thats a complete 48 hours of slow paced low resolution pathtracing from 2010 right there! you cant beat that!

bump

Nvidia is abandoning the low price end of the market. AMD has opportunity there. There is also a chance in the Highend workstation segment if they can get better adoption of OpenCL in professional applications AND have a solid more affordable multi-gpu tech to compete with NVLink. That is going to be a much harder segment for them to compete in though.

Nvidia is beating itself

What would happen if amd released a RTX 2080 competer for half its price

>competing with snake oil

Retards would still buy nvidia over the amd card.

I'd buy one. At least until one month ago, when I finally lost my patience and bought a guitar instead.

Fuck the GPU market.

They are so far behind Nvidia, it's not even funny.

4870 was dominating pretty much anything nvidia had at 30% lower price

and people still was buying nvidia..

4870 was a great card.

t. 4870 owner 2008-2011

The current limitation is clearly asset creation and art direction, not lack of shaders.

AMD doesn't need to compete on raw horsepower, they just need to out-shine gameworks. Provide fantastic game creation resources without the shady bullshit, and you'll see a shift.

Nvidia clearly saw this threat coming a long way off and pretended to make gameworks "open source"/AMD optimizable to strengthen their creator base. They're no fools -- they know their position isn't defendable in the long term, so they're laying out every beartrap out in advance while they can.
As long as AMD's cpu division stays profitable, they'll eventually equalize. That's why Nvidia's doubling down on reinforcing the "prestige" market, pushing price points into the high-margin stratosphere.

They'll release mediocre products at good prices, securing the low end and mid market

Making intergrated GPUs good enough for the masses.
Normies and kiddie games have no reason to get a mid-range discrete GPU.
Watch as revenue for discrete GPU market dries up.
Nvidia even know this will eventually happen in the 2020s now that Intel is getting off its 800lb gorilla ass. That is why they have been shifting their performance GPU designs towards non-gaming applications.

I am never buying AMD again. My 290X was a decent card but it was loud as fuck, extremely power hungry, and would run at like 88C. One time I updated drivers and my computer would keep crashing so I had to boot into safe mode and roll back the update.
Switched to a 1070ti and haven't experienced any issues whatsoever.

Just like for Intel CPU, retards/fanboys will still buy nvidia over amd

By unveiling their Wang.

The GPU after Navi. Navi is going to be all about how they can unfuck themselves from Rajas incompetence.

Attached: davidwang.jpg (450x450, 50K)

Not enough. Good marketing, decent prices and better products are what's needed.

Then nVidia will just invent some new meme, put a catchy name to it and use it to gimp AMD cards. You know like GameWorks or RTX.

>What would happen if amd released a RTX 2080 competer for half its price

That we will be in 2027

With his own pootracing, there's raytracing spec for both dx and vulkan they just need to make some dedicated hardware to accelerate it.

Amazing marketing would. Pricing and specs never have.

>Nvidia RTX
it just a software
somebody will write it for AMD cards, and it will be permanent
Nvidia can deisabe or make slow (You)r card in drivers or for next directX

>better marketing

Who cares about the normies and ignorants.

AMD getting bigger would just mean they become the new Intel. Let's keep them where they are, near-competitive but not superior.

I'm normally of the mind that GPU's aren't expensive enough to warrant people buying shitty ones, but Nvidia is pushing it a bit with the RTX lineup. if AMD put out a 10xx comperable lineup at typical AMD poorfag pricing, or even just 10xx series pricing (if they're even capable of that) They could probably do okay with GPUs for once since buying ATI while still being a generation behind.

Bcause normalfags are the ones giving nvidia money
Its associated that they make great GPUs, so to their mind even the shitty 1050 or 1060 is better than a 560 or 570 from AMD
AMD has beaten Nvidia in price, performance, and price/performance, but that doesn't matter because of marketing.

AMD has never beaten Nvidia in performance, what the fuck are you saying user?
Besides, normies doesn't even use a computers, they do everything on their shitty phones, professionals prefer Quadro over FirePro and gamers prefer Geforce over Radeon, normies doesn't even know what kind of CPU has their phone why the tech brands would try to explain the specs of their phones on their adds if these guys doesn't even care? so marketing is not important for the market that are they trying to sell their shit, fuck you.

They will release it in years when games actually have RTX properly implemented.

They will make power efficient low end and midrange cards and sell them cheaper.

The midrange Navi will be Vega64(+)~15% which makes it slightly faster than an RTX2070

The leak says it will be 250$ but I don't believe that shit for a second. Im assuming the card will sell for at least 300-350$ which will still make it the better value.

And nvidia will price drop the 2070 to the same price or the same price plus 50$ and everyone will buy nvidia in droves even though their cards are shit and once again AMD will get fucked over by low IQ consumers who dont understand how market competition works. Then AMD will say "fuck this shit you faggots can eat dicks!" and refuse to make anymore midrange or high end cards and nvidia will proceed to anally rape their customers even harder to thank them for buying their blind loyalty and buying shitty overpriced RTX cards.

The RTX3070 will be the same speed as a 2080 and will be at the same price meaning zero value improvement over last gen. They will sell this buy marginally improving the RT cores and saying it can do ray tracing better even though raytracing looks like shit and kills performance in games even worse than Nvidia hair-works did.

Sad really. AMD has a better software suite and if consumers actually decided to shift market share back to them it would cause a huge drop in the selling price of nvidia cards. It would also force a massive improvement in game design.

nvidia has tensorcore for me. Otherwise, I would be all over amd.

Nothing will happen. Nvidia won the mindshare. Even if AMD releases 3x as more powerful card as RTX 2080 ti for $10, people would still buy nVidia cards.

ATI Radeon

This and the 7000 series come to mind.
Gamers have normalfags, especially PC gamers.
Marketing will always trump facts, although that may be less of a factor in todays world, or rather should be. But it's doubtful and marketing will still be more viable than actual progress.

I have absolutely no idea how you linked what GPU manufacturer has market share to game design. AMD or Nvidia having market share doesn’t change microtransactions, day one DLCs, asset flipping and overall poor mechanical philosopies.

by hiring more loos

All consoles use AMD SOC's

All games are developed for consoles and then ported to PC

Nvidia adds nothing to a game other than proprietary gameworks features that are bolted on after the fact to gimp a PC version of a game to give them an edge in the Laptop/desktop graphics market.

All major hardware and software improvements for game engines and graphics API's come almost exclusively from AMD pushing them case and point DX12 and Vulkan

Before that ATI Radeon pushed new DirectX APIs ahead of Nvidia. It was either DX9 or DX10 where AMD had the first and only GPU's compatible with the new API and Nvidia didnt have cards for them for almost an entire year.

Nvidia always tries to stagnate the development of games. RTX is another example of this.

Same thing as always. AMD will release Navi and Nvidia will release slightly faster, slightly more expensive GPU's and everyone will buy Nvidia like they always do because mindshare is a powerful thing.

You still have failed to explain how any of that enforces practices that attain to microtransactions, poor mechanics, poor story writing, poor direction and day one DLC. You are just grasping at some thin straws that have to do with the technical side of games, and actually make no comment on the skills that go to the art aspect of video games and how such technical aspects hinder them.

Watch this and it will answer all your questions on why AMD will fail.
youtube.com/watch?v=c2uoO_vBUKs

Im not talking about bethesda having shitty writers or EA using microtransactions.

Im talking about the core hardware and software components of gaming which is what AMD and Nvidia are responsible for. Its not their job to write dialogue for these game devs. Its their job to give them the tools to make a good game.

In this regard AMD has always done its level best to deliver good tools and Nvidia has a nasty track record of delivering shitty tools that break games and often for both nvidia and AMD cards but its ok cause it breaks a little more the AMD cards than it breaks for theirs.

Then you aren't talking about game design, you must mean game development.
Game development is more involved in the soft and hardware aspects.

by making ps5 and xbox 2

>Nvidia clearly saw this threat coming a long way off and pretended to make gameworks "open source"/AMD optimizable
Could someone please easily explain to me why "gameworks" is popular at all and why it's even relevant? The vast majority of games are developed for AMD graphics systems since AMD is the by far biggest gaming graphics vendor out there. Look at console sales numbers if you believe AMD isn't: Nvidia does dominate on the PC side of things but it's all AMD in the XBox and Praystation platforms. Most games are developed for consoles first. There's not that many "PC first" or "PC only" titles. So why is gameworks even a factor?

>AMD has never beaten Nvidia in performance, what the fuck are you saying user?
you're clearly a underage zoomer who's unaware that there were graphics cards before you were born. AMD hasn't had a graphics card that could beat Nvidia's fastest card in quite some time - but they did in 2009. The HD5970 absolutely crushed the NVIDIA’s GTX 295.

I guess it's been so long since AMD had the graphics performance throne it's forgotten that they did?

give me a 2050 ti for $99

Adored will have a leak soon with AMD releasing navi with 5000 stream procesors, running at 3GHz, 95W TDP and for only $299 MSRP ;)
Because TSMC 7nm bro

no need
nvidia will kill them self

It's not just a software, it has a dedicated part on the gpu to process that, but amd can do the same so no worries.

proprietary gameworks features

They are starting to opensource that.

Ironic, since I see amd fanyboys proclaim that even if intel released cpus that are twice as powerful and twice as cheap as AMD, they would still avoid incel.

Actually, AMD had the fastest gaming GPU throne for a almost year back in 2013 with Hawaii a.k.a R9 290X until 980 came around and its follow-up the 980Ti.
R9 290X was faster than 780Ti and Titan Black for less $$$$.

>R9 290X
You mean the literal furnace made to cook jews alive in their own home and that sounded like a jet engine?

I can testify to this. Previous Sapphire R9 290 triple fan owner.

Imagine being nvidia and basically btfoing yourself with the RTX shitshow after AMD hands you over the GPU crown.

But muh power efficiency only matters when comparing intel cpus vs amd cpus, it doesn't count when comparing amd gpus to nvidia gpus.

but as we all know, the further you get ahead of the competition, the harder progression will get. so AMD will eventually catch up. its what happend to Intel.

Those AMDrone are retard.
Doesn't change the fact that Nvidiot are retard too

Not really.
Nvidia will just lower the prices of the RTX 20xx cards permanently

Fanboys are retarded in general

They will ignore this useless fad for retards. That's enough.

Yeah, my point was that both nvidia, amd and intel are all retarded and treating ANY of them like your friend is dumb as shit.
But people genuienly start to get emotionally attached to a company and shitting on the other companies at the same time.

If any of them have the advantage they will skrew you over. The only way you win, is if all of them are pretty equal and fiercely competing with each other for you.
t.person who gives zero fucks about the brand and only looks at performance and price.

>Those
>retard
Oh, the irony

Sadly AMD never compete with nVidia since their cards are always inferior on release.
For the people that buy a new card every couple of months nvidia will always be the top pick, while AMD tends to win out on the long-haul as their cards improve over time, while nvidia just sabotage the old ones to push people to upgrade

That's because of all the Intel security fuck ups and the IME, you filthy glow-in-the dark cianigger Intelaviv marketing freelancer.

AMD has the PSP

Does the GTX 480 mean anything to you?

More than a sw, It's supposed to update ML algorithms for illumination from cloud, these algorithms are going to be "optimized" for RTX, kinda just like Physx was supposedly to be (and we know that was not really the thing).

I think is going to be a matter of getting access to the Nvidia servers, historycally it's nothing really special when they do stuff with sw.

leather-sama and momma su should fugg :Đ

that would be incest

AMD can't compete with Nvidia until they can close the power gap because Nvidia can just lower their grossly inflated prices when the need arises. They need to leapfrog them at a lower cost and that's not going to happen.

Nvidia obviously has room to knock off $100 or more from the 2070 MSRP if those leaks of similar performance from Navi are to be believed. Sure a $300 Navi would sell gangbusters compared to a $500 2070, but against a $400 2070 I bet Nvidias branding would win out.

Unlike Intel, Nvidia does not fuck around.

They don't need to, and probably won't
People care too much about framerates and tensor cores aren't ideal for engineering scenarios, so AMD will try and push for high raster performance until the technology has matured

>Navi is going to be all about how they can unfuck themselves from Rajas incompetence.
I don't know what in the everloving fuck happened with Raja. His timing means he did shitall for Polaris and that was pretty good for the gaymers. Vega was good in paper, but lol nothing was implemented and they still don't target the software side.

>dissing the GOAT hawaii
Even after all this time, the power costs would be negligible unless you live in a shit country.

>hawaii
Ahh, the sandy bridge of GPUs

AMD should put a tramp AMD sticker on the new consoles. It looks like a much more powerful generation given that they're probably going Zen + Navi.

Using non-retarded pricing.
t. 1080Ti owner who can't be assed to shell out >60% extra for 30% more performance over the last gen.

Release a card that can compete with the 2080 for $300.
That being said, Nvidia will just completely annihilate them after they jump in 7nm.

Attached: cleric dps.jpg (475x376, 22K)

>RTX
>some miniscule detail features that tax the fuck out of a GPU

Who other than neckbeards give a shit about ray tracing? NOBODY

They don't need to, rtx is shit.

After nearly a decade of shitshow with AMD and ATI drivers I refuse to buy an AMD GPU.
They would have to make a really insane offer to get me back. But even if the hardware were good I still have nightmares of the atrocious software support and how I had to spend many nights to troubleshoot their crap and hunt for obscure driver versions on shady sites while rebooting dozens of times. Their legacy support is non-existent.

I have a potato Nvidia card now and I couldn't be happier. It just works, and doesn't shit itself on a monthly basis.

So to answer OP, they could start by hiring competent coders and getting back consumer confidence. If they keep it up for a decade then I might consider buying their GPUs again.

Attached: 1501053864718.jpg (850x883, 186K)

Nvidia can just lower prices whenever they want.
AMD is doomed.

Nice meme.

That meme was reality and I earnestly propagated it because I knew its authenticity firsthand

Why does NVIDIA always do the same shit where they try to push these stupid proprietary technologies that usually end up amounting to nothing? But of course they won't forget to raise the prices and make you pay for their snake oil bullshit that ends up being halfway forgotten and useless two years later. Is it because gaymers are such dumb cunts that they up ponying up the cash anyway knowing full well it's not gonna benefit them at all?

I've had AMD for more than 7 years now and I've encountered problems maybe once with bleeding edge drivers. See how both our statements work?

The same way they did with physX, let the meme die out on its own.

youtube.com/watch?v=kSLJriaOumA
it's over. they won