I don't really see the point of PC """"building""" entusiasm in 2019...

I don't really see the point of PC """"building""" entusiasm in 2019. Laptops and single board computers are now more cost efficient with the gamer tax put on everything.

Attached: Battersea_Power_Station_from_the_river.jpg (1280x853, 112K)

STONE STONE STONE STONE STONE

That's a beautiful building.

Attached: a16395c5.png (444x440, 73K)

building a pc is always 10-20% cheaper
also you can choose hardware and case
and ofc its fun

it looks exactly like the power plants from Red Alert

I was there in August. Unfortunately not as scenic.

Attached: DSC_0329.jpg (1732x1154, 234K)

It was 10-15 years ago but now it is more expensive in many cases.

can you prove this?

here's another pic

Attached: animals.jpg (500x490, 57K)

>Laptops
HAHAHAHA If you want desktop tier performance in a laptop you are going to be spending almost 2k burger bux and have extremely limited storage and upgrade options while also being severely thermally limited.

>single board computers
useless for anything but web browsing and media consumption

>now it is more expensive in many cases
the only case when this can be the case is when you're a fucking retard

I'm guessing this is the building the Sim City 3000 coal plant was modeled after?

Red Alert too

> HAHAHAHA If you want desktop tier performance in a laptop.

My T430 upgraded to 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD and an i7-3840QM holds very well against powerful desktops in most applications aside from games. It cost me around $500.

>holds very well against powerful desktops
It doesn't.

Look at the power plant portrait in the game. Its literally the same pic. They used real pictures for alot of their portraits. One of my childhood defining games btw

Believe me man, see those power plants on here sometimes. Cant unthink the red alert PP

youuu gottta be craaaazy, gotta have a realll need

that's like 1/4th the performance of a modern CPU

"Powerful desktops" these days have 8-32 cores and 16-64 threads, 300W GPUs and 16-128GB of RAM, with NVMe SSDs. You don't have that in your chinkpad.

He was probably comparing it to AMD CPUs

> 8-32 cores and 16-64 threads
> 300W GPUs
> 16-128GB of RAM
> NVMe SSDs

99% of the time they never utilize any of that power. Most people here have 4 - 6 core desktops with 16GB - 32GB of RAM and an SSD, just like I do in my laptop. Upgrading to 32 cores will have almost no real-world improvement; the most demanding games utilize 4 cores at a maximum, and many do not even utilize multiple cores at all. My T430 upgraded does everything I need and then some as a software developer.

AND ITS TOO LATE TO LOSE
THE WEIGHT YOU USED
TO NEED TO THROW AROUND