I can't take this anymore

I can't take this anymore.

I have an i5 4690 non-K paired with a 6GB GTX 1060 and I can't play old games like Batman Arkham Knight, Just Cause 3, Ghost Recon Wildlands and new releases like Far Cry 5 and Assassin's Creed Origins/Odyssey because they drop to low as 40 fps on high settings in 1080p not to mention the 4 CPU cores get hammered in these games. Would a Ryzen a 2600 help in my case or do I need to spend a shitload of money to buy a i7?

Help me Jow Forums I just want to play this games at 60 fps(or close to it) without any stutering or things like that. (Also I'm on Windows 7 yeah I know I'll have to upgrade to 10 if I buy a new CPU.)

Attached: 37105961243907.jpg (1000x1000, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-4690-vs-Intel-Core-i5-3570K/2311vs1316
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do they do it on low settings? If not it's not your CPU.
That performance seems to be particularly poor.

Attached: CPU_01.png (1299x2173, 88K)

>Thinking about buy amd.
Don't do it mate. Spend a few extra bucks a get a good and reliable i7.

>gayme gayme gayme
>have an Intlel within 15% SC of the top end
All Intlel is good for is gaymes. I smell bullshit - but on the off chance this is gin-you-eyene, there's something quite wrong with your machine.

Looking up some benchmarks and sample video on youtube, that CPU seems to perform fine in the games you listed.
I'd load up some demanding games and then watch your temps of CPU and GPU on another screen while you play. If one of them is overheating, they will throttle back as to not cook themselves to death.

Also make sure you don't have some shitware running in the background slowing everything down.

Buying a new processor in this dude's case is likely a waste of money.

get a used 4770 / 4790

Yes, even on low settings. BTW that benchmark is pure BS. Just search carefully on youtube for benchmark of non-k i5 4690 and you will see it drops below 50 fps as soon as you get on the batmobile or travel the city.

Like I said you need to find videos of actual gameplay(not bs game benchmarks that don't give you real world performance) of nonk i5 4690 and you will see it drops below 50 fps in most cases. Also my temps are fine GPU/CPU usage are fine. I can play most games at 60 fps 1080p in high/ultra settings it's just that I want to play these games I mentioned but they run like shit on my rig.

Will it really help though? Aren't they basically the same architecture can I really get 15 to 20 fps more in these games with an i7 4790?

Echoing I played all of those games (minus Arkham Knight and AC Odyssey) on a 2600k and the same GPU and got significantly better performance than that. Something in your machine is having some issues. Like said, one of them might be overheating and throttling hard to keep itself from dying.

>Will it really help though? Aren't they basically the same architecture can I really get 15 to 20 fps more in these games with an i7 4790?
It might, though it'd be accidental if your CPU is kaput. Give the cooler a good cleaning and apply some fresh TIM. Same with the GPU. If neither of those solve the issue (assuming heat is the issue) then you can think about replacing.

i had same problem with 4690, changed to 8400 and it was even bigger mistake than taking 4690 in first place. i cant play anything modern like battlefield 1 without having constant 100% on all cores.

My temps are fine I use a WC in the CPU and it rarely goes above 60ºC and the GPU doesn't get past 65ºC in heavily demanding games.

nu-Jow Forums in full swing. OP has a machine that performs well below average. Proposed solution? Throw new CPU/MB/RAM in it. Don't fix it, oh no no NO, just add hardware (SSDs are frequently memed) to cover the problem.

Fuck this board with a bent pole.

Stop gaming you manchild and get into programming

Go suck it faggot

Hey man I suggested he check to make sure his install isn't fucked, high CPU usage all the time is a sign of shovelware installed.

Likely that OP wouldn't know what to look for though.

I have the i5-4670. Ivy Bridge took us far, brother. But it's time to say goodbye.

Stop talking like you have anything worth hearing, incest baby.

>a 2600k and the same GPU and got significantly better performance than that
Because a 2600K gives a much better experience than quad core i5 stutterfires in most games.

Attached: 2600k-revisit-mll.png (806x681, 87K)

But that's what I mean, user - hence why I quoted OP. WTF is with Jow Forumsaylords thinking "this computer is horribly underperforming - I'll just throw hardware at it, never actually check if I broke it or something"?

>AMD Nexus

get the fuck out, son

Bullshit. I'm running a 4770k with a 970 and my games beautifully all above 75FPS (75hz monitor) on high to ultra present settings with those games plus new ones, too.

Try reinstalling Windows.

>literally who on Jow Forums
Fuck off, retard.

i5 is good for gaming is the reddit meme

Poorfag here running 720p on a 750ti and 4690k but never overclocked it. Most games run fine on high at 720p, so I guess a 1060 would be more than enough for 1080p.
Your issue is quite weird, have you tried updating the bios or formatting your pc?
Have you tried running some software to check the health of your cpu/gpu/ram during the crucial moments of the games? Do you run many programs in the background while playing?

Try high performance power plan, or otherwise make sure nothing is throttling you. Monitor your CPU and GPU clock speeds at load

Have you tried lowering the graphics dumbass? Play on 720p and high graphics.

Attached: 1544577787654.jpg (750x721, 130K)

>replacing a quad-core with a quad-core

Intel logic, folks

4770k is 4c/8t CPU but 4670/4690 is only 4c/4t CPU

>Jow Forums is for the discussion of technology and related topics.
>Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

Don't you fucking read you fucking motherfucker? I mean what the fuck is wrong with you you fuck fucker, I'm gonna fuck your mom right fucking now, in front of you motherfucking fuck motherfucker.

Name 5 games that use HT you fucking bitch.

AMD FX superior

Attached: UPGRADE2010.png (836x768, 17K)

AMD FX

4790 will be a ton better than what you have.
Your issue is likely shit running in the background. Your CPU can't handle the game plus everything else at the same time.
Though Far Cry 5 does want 8 threads minimum. So does those other new Ubisoft games.

Yes, 2600X would help a ton. It'd be a bit better than the 4790 but also cost more.

A lot of people posting to you saying that 4 threads is enough for many of those games are just brain dead retarded liars.

Witcher 3 and Far Cry 3.

bitch nigga

It's easy to name 5 games from 2013, let alone 5 games in 2018 or 5 games period.

You're just trying to gas light people.

AMD FX

Use task manager or resource monitor to figure out what the bottleneck is. If it's the GPU you should try to reinstall drivers, if it's the CPU something's wrong with your Windows install or your hardware. Also if you have less than 8GB RAM or you only have one stick installed those may be contributing factors.

I have legitimately had game performance affected by using a faster SSD. Witcher 3 would hang sometimes when loading a new area or traveling through the world, I checked in resource monitor and found that it was waiting on textures and something timed out, so it just froze up. Spinning rust is shit for anything but mass data storage.

Nigga that ship sailed before I got here, and I've been here since 2010.

>AMD FX superior
kek

Top of the line barely beats a 10-year old i7, pic related.

Attached: Capture.png (418x412, 43K)

Stop spitting facts at Bulldozer/Piledriver apologists. They hate facts. Bulldozer and Piledriver were shit when they were first released and aged like milk. Period.

Wait for Zen 2 and make sure you get at least an 8 core variant. It will match the i9-9900K at a lower price. AMD will for sure deliver this time since Zen 2 will be on TSMC's HP (high performance) process.

Zen and Zen+ were on Global Foundries' LP (low power) process which is why they were behind Intel.

Assassin's Creed Origins is one of the most multithreaded games ever created and will benefit from an 8 core CPU.

>40 FPS
>unplayable
Jesus Christ what age are we living in. In early 90s people were happy with 5-10fps in 3d games

In the early 90's "3D" games were just moving sprites and static maps.

Your GPU is the limiting factor here more than your CPU. Get a better graphics card.

OP does not state what his game settings are. If he has then set to Ultra then you will get issues. Game on high and be happy,

1440 p / 144hz or bust

i have i5 4690k and gtx 970 from 4 years ago, i can see where you're coming from, but i think it's more of a gpu problem

>he doesnt chill with a comfy 2400G until the zen 2 apus come out

APUs are the master race

I do both, as well as lifting and pick up basketball

People can have many hobbies y'know.

[spoiler]1060 doesn't have enough cuda cores.[/spoiler]

Actually i think op is right.

My cpu i5 4690k, is always at 100 percent and gpu utilization can get as low as 50 percent at times(albeit this is ac origins)

And yes i have lag spikes, i dont have an ssd in my desktop at the moment(ill shove one in though)

Attached: 20181215_012648.jpg (2560x1440, 1.6M)

>he fell for the intel meme

Better photo

Attached: 20181215_012920.jpg (2560x1440, 1.41M)

I wish 3600G/GX israel
I meant, is real

Attached: ee.jpg (1920x1080, 204K)

My 3770k still murders 1080p so it's definitely you.

I had the exact same issue. I used to think CPU bottlenecking wasn't happening on my i5-3570k/980 Ti, but since I wanted to upgrade my whole rig, I started with just the CPU and got a 8700k. I was expecting like ~5-10 fps increases, but instead every game shot up 30-50. MMOs stopped stuttering in huge towns, and hot dropping with 30+ people in PUBG stop tanking my frames.

Your 4690 looks exactly like my 3750k in benchmarks, so if you definitely need to upgrade to something beefier.
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-4690-vs-Intel-Core-i5-3570K/2311vs1316

Nigga I have a 10 year old Xeon and can play those games just fine paired with a GTX 1070 and 16GB of RAM. Buy a used Xeon compatible with your motherboard and enjoy a cheap upgrade that will be almost as good as a whole new system.

Attached: file.png (683x545, 64K)

I am guessing you have the following: Under 8 gb of ram, standard hard drive or piss poor CPU cooling causing it to clock down.

Jow Forums Consumerism general.

>AMD Nexus
lol all of his benchmarks favor Intel.

ryzen 5 2600

That ship sailed the day after Jow Forums became a SFW board.

I don't get why gamers buy non K series Intel CPUs. The whole point of buying a gaming rig is to overclock to get the best bang for your buck.

those still go for around 200 euros :(

You obviously need a new gpu.
Find a used vega56