I miss it

I miss it.

Attached: anonymous.png (1200x1200, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

derpibooru.org/1037809
youtube.com/watch?v=gzb2rmaRuQc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go away

It was a JOKE, get over it.

yeah, we should find a way to revive it somehow... maybe tumblr?

that's because you're a newshit

>Duuuude lets LOIC the shit out of Visa!! XDDDDD
I'm glad anonymous is dead desu

FUCK! MY EYES! HOW DO YOU GLOW THIS MUCH??

Yikes

Me too. Anonymous is the reason I started browsing Jow Forums when I was 13 or 14.
There's a great appeal to "hacktivism." Imagine a small yet smart and passionate group being able to defy the entire establishment.

Its like a modern robinhood story but nu-g calls it cringe. Why?

the constant larping during the downfall/death of user was cringe. people heard "hacker" and decided that putting on le ebic mask was doing anything other than making the group look cringe to outsiders

Today it's cringe, but it hasn't been really alive since..2012? Back then though it was amazing yea, hacktivism aside it was just great to have a these places full of weird and interesting people, all of whom knew loads about tech and hacking that you could talk to and learn from. You don't have anything like what anonymous was anymore.

Then kinda like how Atheists became associated with neckbearded fedoras.

That's still no reason to hate on the idea.
Im reminded of Occupy Wall Street. How the media delegitimized the protests by making the protesters appear to be aimless.
It looks like they also orchestrated anonymous' reputation being tarnished.

>making the protesters appear to be aimless.
they WERE aimless
they were just "we're mad about something and we don't know what"

scientology is a very obviously fucked up cult, and taking it down was a noble goal, but that's about when anonymous died.

you cant take down a real-life cult with online activism, or standing around wearing guy fawkes masks

Agreed. It was rather bizarre to watch.

It worked though. Scientology took srs damage. It is society, of course you can ultimately slap bullies and scam artists like scientology pretty easily even by drawing more attention to them.

>Scientology took srs damage
it really didn't
nothing will do any damage to scientology short of changes to US law

Yea, Occupy having no concrete goals is something the modern (serious) left actually discusses a lot today, and how it's indicative of a 'post end of history' left not being able to imagine life past Capitalism. There's quite a good and short book about it actually by a guy who killed himself last year.

shit, Jow Forums won't let me post pictures today. The book's called 'Capitalist Realism'

Attached: capitalist realism.jpg (324x499, 55K)

well then.

>Thinking oppression has anything to do with the economic system and not the people enforcing it

just say it's about jews

I wasn't implicating Jews, the real-life power elite comes in every race

reddit -->

oh yeah sorry the jews are responsible for everything do I fit in now

Capitalism oppresses everyone, everyone the Capitalists. We live governed by a dictatorial social construct, the demands of which must be satisfied at all costs, such that the most powerful men in the world bend to it's will - the will of Capital.
To say otherwise is to suggest that money isn't what drives the world.

The powerful men of the world bend anything to their will, including Communism or any other form of government you can think of. Blaming "Captialism" in one sweeping statement is for idiots

It did. Not only did the public in a lot of countries become very critical of Scientology, the administratives of various countries like France, Finland, Chile and many more changed Scientology to a cult, virtually guaranteeing they can't spread easily.

Other countries just didn't approve it as religion pending various critical questions that the Church of Scientology didn't want to answer. Makes it very likely they can't do business as they please and can be sued for abuses and so on.

> changes to US law
I wished you guys also had succeeded over there, sure. But uh, you know. It's the USA.

The only Scientologists who ever mattered were the ones in Hollywood

It's a shitty cult and it not getting religion status everywhere as was in the process of happening because "the rest of the west" was okay with it and your nation's government didn't want to stir shit over this "universally accepted" "harmless" religion is what matters.
That got destroyed rather good when they got the attention.

Hollywood actors couldn't undo that either, so no, they don't really matter.

Im not American
We have a CoS down the road, but it's pretty benign, all the interesting shit happens at Scientology HQ in the US

The government can't really interfere with religion. We do have this thing called the Bill of Rights.

the elections were far worse than chanology but both were shit

let's keep this bait going

>delegitimized the protests by making the protesters appear to be aimless.
up north a lot were just crowd fill and dumb as rocks.
some were very well educated. still much respect to the core people

don't even bother, there's an ongoing op to extinguish any sort of non-extremist viewpoint on this website, anyone who doesn't hate jews gets banned for being off topic

>mods undermine hiroshimoot's monetization attempts
>mods are fired and replaced by people who give even a small shit
I'm OK as long as they don't start tripping.

bump

Because real anons don’t use this shit after chanology. They all moved on to other chans. Literally ran across kids who bragged about going on Jow Forums. This site is too popular now

Oldfag here, sure are a lot of reddit basedboys. Anononymous never existed, it was a joke that was created after the fox investigative report about hackers on steroids when they thought this website was a hacking website (back when /I/ existed). Chanology was one of many what you would consider “pranks”, and trolling media into thinking the patriotic Nigras and other assorted characters was done just for laughs. Redditors gaiafags 9gaggers and embaumsworld as well as you tubers thought anonymous was real and kept trying “to find anonymous”. Essentially, just like what happened to Jow Forums in 2016, ironic shitposting ended up attracting morons who thought they were in good company. Anyone on this board who “wishes they could join anonymous” should fuck off back to Gaia

To be fair, there were a lot of dumb shits there talking about rape free zones.

SJWs just fuck up anything they can touch.

It was never real, you dumb nigger.

Hacktivism is fucking gay and doesn't work. It was more fun when the GNAA went around defacing websites. It was like when some drunken slav bought the linux.org domain the other day and defaced it with a tranny's asshole and dox. Now that was some old school /b/ shit.

Exploiting bugs in software or using math to fuck shit up is for gay virgins. If you were actually interested making a difference politically or whatever you'd get an army of psychopaths together and unify them under a single cause and have them infiltrate anything and everything. Psychopaths are nature's ultimate social engineers. You can patch software but you can't patch stupid and gullible. You can get away with everything short of murder if you smile and wear the correct facial expressions while acting like you have the moral high ground. If you believe you have authority over someone, you will.

t. actual psychopath who feels little to no fear or shame and considers this to be a gift

Attached: 1544228846970.jpg (298x272, 13K)

Not really. There are atheist that are edge tards and there are atheist that just normal atheist.

It's the absurdism part that hits deep most "normal" atheist. I meme myself as a doubtful Christan IRL.

Attached: 1544562657576.png (1329x1231, 706K)

Attached: 1544052923503.gif (540x578, 2.05M)

I dunno user. I was an atheist until I went camping by myself for a week in the Canadian wildness and got stalked by something real large that stood on two legs. I found out that it wasn't a bear when .308 rounds mildly upset it.

Why would you miss autism?

Attached: 1471413063940.jpg (801x1052, 180K)

>nu-g
g stands for glowinthedarks

Attached: bA3aCZK.jpg (628x502, 24K)

Neither you nor anyone else in this thread was on this site when anonymous was relevant.

>they were just "we're mad about something and we don't know what"
No top expert in finance ever saw a financial crisis coming. The same top expert group didn't realise the US middle class had been standing still in terms of purchasing power for over 30 YEARS until quite recently. They all knew this is a dangerous sign, however, with most of South America being the text book example.

They got their revenge though. The elected Trump. And once again the same experts were shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you.

>elected Trump
Anonymous died out, or at the least moved off of this site years ago. Don't believe everything you read on reddit.

Attached: 1544800130209.png (800x728, 238K)

> US middle class had been standing still in terms of purchasing power for over 30 YEARS
> They got their revenge though. The elected Trump
how's that working out

I too liked the idea of anonymous. Considering that even shits like disney get on the /hacktivist/ label in their shows, we clearly see it's not even close to what it was supposed to be.

Attached: charles2.jpg (1000x625, 109K)

It happened during the biggest cringefest that was nice guys, enlightened atheists, fedoras and the sort. It kinda ruined the whole appeal.

Why couldn't I have been born and raised like you

cringe

quite well desu

New Anonymous movement would be dog shit. Old Anonymous was unpolitical and only got into fights when the freedom of the internet was at stakes or pop culture could easily be trolled. Nowadays it would be a bunch of magapede poltards.

>let's get some revenge for our wealth stagnation by electing a billionaire whose first action is a tax break mainly for the rich

Attached: 1494814430892.jpg (325x243, 26K)

those are some excellent thinking skills

Attached: 1513279190126.jpg (326x294, 34K)

So like the yellow vests in france then

>who feels little to no fear or shame
that's what you think

So he does feel fear and shame and he just thinks he only feels little to no fear or shame?

Yup. 'Psychopaths' aren't exactly known for their spectacular insight.

>
Kill yourself ban-evading Argentinian (Barneyfag).
I'M NOT EVEN JOKING, I JUST WANT TO SLICE YOUR FUCKING NECK.
derpibooru.org/1037809

Attached: Bronies, this is your mindset.png (307x157, 28K)

Well it's the same as when he said he'd drain the swamp and then decided to employ his relatives and those who gave him money. Hopefully his supporters weren't expecting for meritocracy or some shit lol. But hey, at least libtards have been trolled, epic style

Well the oppression, according to the idea, is inherent in the economic system. No ethical consumption under capitalism and so on.

kys

>It was like when some drunken slav bought the linux.org domain the other day and defaced it with a tranny's asshole and dox.
That was a good thread.

Obsidian cell cutting level of edge

>type "LOW ORBIT CANNON"
>this music unrolls in youtube video
youtube.com/watch?v=gzb2rmaRuQc

Are you a schizo?
We might have the next Terry right here.

People under the age of 18 can't browse Jow Forums, user.

>t. actual psychopath who feels little to no fear or shame and considers this to be a gift
so, a nigger?

It was born a meme and it died a fucking meme

nah just your average white teen

I miss it.
But I miss the internet culture as a whole that fostered it. The internet isn't the same as it was an any new anonymous movement won't be the same.
Real life and the internet are too close now, back when Anonymous was just a joke on /b/ and turned into the name used for raids, it turned into what most people know it for after, but that internet is dead.

then why do I see a bunch of "Anonymous" here?

Simon! Dinner's ready!

LRH did nothing wrong though, it's David Miscaviage that has fucked up his organization.

Attached: 980x.jpg (980x1325, 189K)

Attached: 1496808083869.png (500x411, 247K)

dumb shits didn't gatekeep now it's full of feds and fags

you'd think "fuck off newfag" would've been enough.

O'Sullivan's Law any organization or enterprise that is not expressly right wing will become left wing over time

/x/ needs those details user

Right, but lets be honest, scientology is more of a money grabbing scheme/cult than a religion.

We know that, but so long as they don't break the law they will continue to exist.

doesnt seem to work on feds for some reason