Based or cringe?

based or cringe?

Attached: 20120804082720.jpg (620x465, 36K)

ghetto rigged

Just buy a new cable FFS are you poor? Like $5 on monopric nigga what are you doing

>a dark spirit has inv-

>a few days away from 2019
>ethernet

m8

maybe he's just a lazyfuck or someshit

wifi won't work because I use linux

BASED white man inventing tools to improve his life.
microsoft OS update ate my wifi driver

it's not stupid if it works desu

I remember my dad always had an ethernet cable in his 2002 laptop while he ate his dinner at the kitchen table
I miss him. He'd probably hate being alive today though with all this javascript

does it still slip out with the slightest pull?

Cringe.
Just recrimp the cable.

yes, except when you hear the click

>not using ethernet
If you have it, you should. It's superior to wireless for non-mobile devices in every way possible.

Imagine being this underpaid by applel

>he can’t terminate a cable

based ds poster

I did this because I don't have a crimper and I didn't want to reroute another 100m Ethernet cable through my house.

He sounds like a based man user. Ethernet is not only faster and more secure than wifi, but it's comfier too. How do we go back?

How can a cable be "based" or "cringe", you braindead retard? Get off of twitter or whatever social media garbage you're on before your brain rots.

>using cancerous, unreliable wi-fi

Attached: 1544483148923.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

I normally hate shit like this, but I got a raging boner just looking at this.

Finally, an answer to this mystery.

Attached: 1511345534690.jpg (300x300, 21K)

>wireless can't even get close to the speeds and low latency achievable with wired

Whats real funny is is that gigabit Ethernet has been around for nearly 20 years and still to this day, in any realistic scenario, the only way to achieve actual gigabit speed (discounting overhead).
Sure you can line a house with access points in every room and get gigabit nearly everywhere but it's just so much cheaper to just skip the access points and just use the cable

>second millennium
>wi-fi isn't even full duplex
Might as well use ip over avian carriers.

based

This. Wifi is okay when it's absolutely necessary, but ethernet is still way more reliable.

>>/v/
fucking faggots

I tried but it doesn't really work nicely
I ended up using a gum

When I was younger I'd just take two cables that had a broken clip each and splice the unbroken ends together. Or even cut up a perfectly fine short cable to fix a long cable with a broken clip

Didn't think I'd live to see a fucking based Sataniaposter.

Attached: jellyfish.png (465x446, 42K)

10/10

>2019-20 something days
>Calling twisted pair wire with rj45 plug ethernet

but it says the full thing even if you disconnect

>CURRENT YEAR
>Cat5 UTP

Attached: 1540572629874.jpg (580x319, 26K)

>wires
>2018

cringe

>because I use linux

found your problem

Linux doesn't support any 802.11ac chip, and that's a fact.

>wireless
>when wired is available
Disgusting

Go back

Get soeme of these they fit on your current cable and survive just about everything. Plus you can choose cable length and they’re re-usable

Attached: E3662749-3BB3-4913-8451-149E5AF60E71.jpg (258x258, 16K)

acidic

>wtf is wicd?

>cant crimp a new connector

/thread

And reminder that if you don't crimp your own Ethernet cables you have no business visiting Jow Forums

I would rather use good old cable rather than wifi, not because wifi is unreliable, but because you can actually use the cable to hang yourself once you're tired of your life or parents/family bragging about your life choices.

Works fine for me

Ethernet is a protocol dumb dumb

Which that port uses for communication shitbrains

Literally just cut off the rj45 and crimp on a new one faggot

Getting network adapters to work on Linux about 10 years ago was a fucking cunt but now nearly everything just werks.

sry user. rest his soul.

>Nearly $CURRENT_YEAR + 4
>Not calling it pic related

Attached: wifi cable.jpg (1944x2592, 971K)

bless him, wise man.

>american """education"""

>"coloured"
>"www.library.canterbury.ac.**nz**"
>american

user, have your parents told you that you're retarded already?

>formatting doesn't work
fuck

>not using some kind of emulated bus topology network protocol

Multiplayer gaming over wifi is still absolute shit

multiplayer is shit, videogames are shit, gb2 resetera

kek

It's pretty clever, I'll give you that. You could have just bought a whole new cable for like $5 at Wal Mart though.

That netbook is the real cringe.

I like it.
Thanks OP.

That’s a lot more work than just replacing the connector

>not understanding how inefficient RF is

Well, it's a step up from just putting it in there and trying to not move.

fucking kiwis
>eurabian """edjukayshun"""

>ethernet
bas-
>in a laptop
cringe, alongside vga and the proprietary charging port. USB-C or bust.

>not planning to move
>use slow-ass 802.11n connection instead of GbE because hurr it's a portable device
Sounds like a great idea.

cringe

>include a thick ass single use port on the off chance that wired internet is available
Nah, give me another USB. I'll use a dongle if I ever need it for some reason

>on the off chance that wired internet is available
You mean like whenever I use my laptop anywhere in the house that I regularly use it, or in the garage?

Why would you ever use your laptop in your house?

Because I don't have desktops everywhere I like to sit

Sounds like you need a better desk chair.

Replaced my shitty one last year, my new one's great. I could sleep in this thing. I just like changes of atmosphere. Sometimes I'll be at my desk using my desktop, sometimes I'll be in bed, the den, the living room, etc.

thats the shit ghetto mothers use to feed their children

>LAN
>100% uptime
>totally secure
>cheaper
>faster
>anti-zoomer - they can't understand how the internet can travel down a cable and it scares them

>WLAN
>intermittent uptime
>not secure
>more expensive
>slower
>EM radiation fries your gonads causing your to believe you're a girl desiring boi pussy

>dongle

based

Unbased and Applepilled

nigga 5Ghz AC wifi can push around 100mbps to me.
fuck ping who games on a laptop, wired PC is for gaming (only place where latency matter)

Good job user. No point in putting it inside a landfill when it's still functional.

>Throwing out a whole cable instead of clipping and re-terminating it
>not recycling all plastic

>$5 ethernet cable better than a $500 gaming wi-fi router.

based

Attached: 1544474626487.jpg (746x960, 70K)

Attached: good goy.gif (358x328, 926K)

I'm actually dellpilled. Apple's new laptops commit sudoku by existing in the real world and need a $600 repair because glue is their most common material after aluminum. Props to them for dropping magsafe though.

It seems really odd to me that you are running a 100m wire through your house and plugging directly into a laptop... Like, who does that? Stop being poor and plug it into a switch them into your laptop you fucking weirdo.

>ethernet
>RJ45

>nigga my laptop's Wi-Fi can match Fast Ethernet in bandwidh
Whoa

Attached: 1507841619142.jpg (426x382, 12K)

Most people don't need gigabyte transfer speeds at home. Wireless networks are pretty good now for pretty much everything.

Or buy a new connector and crimp it.

The only time I would consider my own cables is for structured cabling in my walls. Patch cables just buy premade, you can't make them as good, as cheap as the machines can.

I have met people that have never used or seen a fuckin Ethernet cable
They had some issues with connection stability on PSN for the PS3 and I suggested these 2 stop using the wireless option since the PS3 has notoriously shitty wireless connectivity
Their response was "I think I have a cable like this" and they go away for 30 minutes or some shit and got an rj11 cable. They tried plugging it in and said it was loose. I told them what their mistake was and instead of getting the proper cable they jammed that fucker in and bent the pins on the PS3 lan port, rendering it useless.
This person is close to my age (they were 20, I'm 22) and even the bitch I know that can only use iPhone trash knows what a lan cable is

Is it REALLY this common to have never used this fucking cable?

>mfw heard someone call a USB wireless dongle the "internet stick" a week ago

Attached: 977b805a37742248fe9b11f23b7bd962cace02c12eaa0cd5d0dea131209ab23e.png (675x904, 513K)

ok this is epic

I do this just to mess with computer illiterates
>wifi cable
>Internet box
>Internet stick

>secure
*captures your packets* pssh nothin personnell, kid

Attached: Wireshark_screenshot.png (1097x619, 123K)